Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
In the past when I have made a within-24-hours-cancellation (annullering) of a reservation I have received two e-mails - one a confirmation of the cancellation and one a notification of refund. This for both cash tickets and eurobonus tickets.

Last week I made a few of these early cancellations/annulments (for eurobonus tickets) but I only received one e-mail - confirmation of the cancellation.
And it has now been a week without the money being back in my account - a little late but not too much. Points posted back immediately.

The lack of the second e-mail (notification of refund) makes me wonder a bit as to whether I'll get a refund or not.
I'll call SAS sometime next week if nothing has happened by then but meanwhile has any of you received any money back from annulments lately?
If yes, did you receive only the cancellation e-mail or also the refund one?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: Various
It was a while back I refunded something but AFAIR it took a while before the refund mail arrived. From time to time SAS takes a long time to process the refunds. I wouldn't be worried after only a week.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
It was a while back I refunded something but AFAIR it took a while before the refund mail arrived. From time to time SAS takes a long time to process the refunds. I wouldn't be worried after only a week.
Not worried already, only wondering.
The other times, I have made an annulment, I got the refund e-mail same day as the cancellation e-mail.
Maybe SAS is very busy with refunding eurobonus tickets that some people (like me) booked 'just in case' in the recent sale......
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by helosc
Not worried already, only wondering.
The other times, I have made an annulment, I got the refund e-mail same day as the cancellation e-mail.
Maybe SAS is very busy with refunding eurobonus tickets that some people (like me) booked 'just in case' in the recent sale......
Give them a call, I have had a couple of cases where the refund got stuck in the system. Once I called it came to my credit card pretty quickly. You need to have your ticket number for them to look up the details.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Give them a call, I have had a couple of cases where the refund got stuck in the system. Once I called it came to my credit card pretty quickly. You need to have your ticket number for them to look up the details.
I'll call but only next week - no hurry (it's only the cash part of some eurobonus tickets).
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
On my way of booking my first Eurobonus Award ticket! Do I understand the terms and conditions correctly that awards can be changed/cancelled free of charge, giving all miles and fees and taxes back in the case of cancellation? Thanks very much for a quick confirmation!
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Zeehe
On my way of booking my first Eurobonus Award ticket! Do I understand the terms and conditions correctly that awards can be changed/cancelled free of charge, giving all miles and fees and taxes back in the case of cancellation? Thanks very much for a quick confirmation!
Yes, if you cancel you'll get back the points and the cash co-pay. You can change the flights any time until you started the journey, after the first flight you cannot change the itinerary.

Changes are subject to 150 SEK change fee if done via telephone.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, if you cancel you'll get back the points and the cash co-pay. You can change the flights any time until you started the journey, after the first flight you cannot change the itinerary.

Changes are subject to 150 SEK change fee if done via telephone.
Many thanks for writing this summary and confirmation!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:45 am

Not a problem.

One thing to add: According to the T&C you need to cancel or change flights at least the day before the first departure for a full refund. Anyway, I cancelled a trip to NRT 3 hours before takeoff and got back all the points and money instantly.

Not sure if it was just luck or supposed to happen. Anyway, the phone agent will tell you there will be no refund 24 hours before departure, so YMMV.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Zeehe
As fassy has stated your are spot on. The only thing to add is that, if your points (would) have experied - and you cancel the ticket - then they are lost.

I personally believe this is one of the great benefits of EB - you just book, and if your schdule changes, your find a better deal on cash - or simply regret, then you cancel at no cost. ^

Good luck with your booking. If on *A remember the "fees" are somewhat higher and availability can be tricky - trust you know the tools to use here.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:25 am

Just received an e-mail from SAS about special prices on the weekend and a few other bits of information.
At the bottom there is an asterisk with a footnote saying something like: valid for a return trip 1-30 of October, you'll earn 7000 extra points on top of what you'd normally earn on a purchased flight.
But I can't find the asterisk in the text so I wonder what this is referring to (or if I'm going blind....).
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
I missed the footnote, but you are correct that there is no asterisk located in the text. Perhaps more info comes tomorrow when the promo opens? 7000 extra points for a simple domestic round trip would be a nice deal, even if it sounds too good to be true.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ksu
"Cut open" as in destructively opening the purse using a knife or scissors?
Got more details. The screener destructively cut it up in two places, after one screener accused the female senior citizen of having stitched in the mini hand sanitizer bottle to deliberately conceal it. Couldn't make this stuff up. They didn't give the woman any chance to go back landslide to check-in the bag, something which ought to have been just fine. They did realize eventually that that the woman had separated out a little plastic baggie that had more than enough room to also hold that mini bottle of hand sanitizer, so the "deliberate concealment" thing sounded ridiculous to one of the other involved screeners too after they realized that.

Now I have to figure out how to file a damage claim/complaint against this action at CPH if only to try to do my small part to try to make sure it doesn't happen to someone else -- perhaps someone with a purse that may even cost over a thousand US$.

It's anything but unheard of for bags and clothing to have flaws that result in things slipping into places where they are not so easy to find. Even with relatively expensive items. I wouldn't want a bottle of used hand sanitizer in any such item of mine to not be sealed in a plastic bag -- as those things too often tend to eventually leak due to air pressure changes that take place during the course of flights.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I guess you can try complain to CPH which I think you'll get a stale reply with nothing. Then the next step would be small claim court, which I think there is a minimum amount to claim in order for them to accept the case.

That's one of the reasons I travel with a very ugly cheap handbag.

Please report back!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
I guess you can try complain to CPH which I think you'll get a stale reply with nothing. Then the next step would be small claim court, which I think there is a minimum amount to claim in order for them to accept the case.

That's one of the reasons I travel with a very ugly cheap handbag.

Please report back!
From what I got, I doubt the person will be interested in a small claim court move over the damage inflicted upon the purse. The person resides in the US and visits Europe only 1-4 times a year for rather short leisure trips.

I'm more interested in putting in a complaint and/or finding out the right to protect one's belongings at CPH once submitted to screening than she would be in spending time/money on a court case over this matter since it's not an expensive purse. Given the legions of real and fake LVMH luggage at CPH and the Scandinavian love for Michael Kors purses on display at CPH, I can't imagine that this kind of procedure will be very popular everything something harmless slips into a bag lining and yet "alerts".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.