Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:08 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
If you don't repeatedly point something out and have others do the same, you will never see change. Sitting back and hoping for it to improve is the worst thing, so please complain. Remember how long people had to complain about the old cabins and long-haul destinations before those received attention?

The EK catering ex-ARN is awesome, the SK catering ex-ARN is horrible, so the problem isn't that there aren't alternatives, it is just SK making bad decisions. On short-haul, while I shouldn't have to, I can solve the issue at the airport. On long-haul, specifically 9+ hour flights, I can't. Getting both an inedible dinner and then a f'ing salad as breakfast is just taking the piss, especially in C.

SK has done a good job overall improving their C hard-product with the new cabins, but the food is really way way behind. Either blindly follow a default product like BA or LH that works, or do something creative like OS did with DO&CO catering.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
If you don't repeatedly point something out and have others do the same, you will never see change. Sitting back and hoping for it to improve is the worst thing, so please complain. Remember how long people had to complain about the old cabins and long-haul destinations before those received attention?

The EK catering ex-ARN is awesome, the SK catering ex-ARN is horrible, so the problem isn't that there aren't alternatives, it is just SK making bad decisions. On short-haul, while I shouldn't have to, I can solve the issue at the airport. On long-haul, specifically 9+ hour flights, I can't. Getting both an inedible dinner and then a f'ing salad as breakfast is just taking the piss, especially in C.

SK has done a good job overall improving their C hard-product with the new cabins, but the food is really way way behind. Either blindly follow a default product like BA or LH that works, or do something creative like OS did with DO&CO catering.
+1. Always complain, you never know if they'll throw in a few EB points.

OS & TK have the best Y and C food by DO&CO
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
+1. Always complain, you never know if they'll throw in a few EB points.
Have done so now. I don't want any points, but I don't want anyone to suffer that stuff again, certainly not twice on the same flight.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:44 am

I hope you also told them that serving yoghurt for the vegetarian/vegan meal option is not a good choice?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:55 am

Yes, although I don't think it's a big deal. And since I can read the Scandinavian Language I don't have a good excuse for not knowing what it is
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by helosc
Yes, I'll check in as early as possible.
In my experience, it is very often possible to check in up to ~36 hours before if you are not logged in while doing it - that is you only put in your last name and booking number.
So I should beat most people to it.
I just checked in for my flight CPH - ARN on Sunday (the Sunday with all the sold out flights on that route).
Online check-in opened exactly 36 hours before the flight CPH - ARN but I could also check in for my connecting flight (departure 3 hours later).
I did it without logging in.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by klmml
Have done so now. I don't want any points, but I don't want anyone to suffer that stuff again, certainly not twice on the same flight.
Despite the CR feedback form suggesting a wait of up to two weeks, I got a very satisfactory reply to my complaint after just two hours. If only BA treated customers as well...
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:39 pm

Yes, the almonds go down a treat with a bubbly.....

Bakkedal sells both a mix product and real butter in the shops in DK (not my favorite butter but at least it's butter):
http://bakkedal.info/produkter-bakke...moer-200g.aspx

If the packet says butter (smřr) it has to be proper butter, the mix products are not allowed to label themselves as butter.

I'll have a good, hard look at the package next time I'm in the CPH lounge to see which it is - it better be butter......
And the answer is:
The Bakkedal they serve in the lounge in CPH is indeed butter.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Yes, I checked too [ just couldn't find the post to which I should reply in this cafe mess :P ]
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:28 am

So all is well with the world again.
Just in case, I brought butter (french) from home for my fishmeal catered from ARN.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose

The EK catering ex-ARN is awesome, the SK catering ex-ARN is horrible, so the problem isn't that there aren't alternatives, it is just SK making bad decisions.
I hope everyone feel that they should complain. Too many people stay quiet so nothing happens.

SK is definitely making bad decisions - they are serving inedible food, maybe it's a way to give them excuses to introduce buy your own edible food.

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
OS & TK have the best Y and C food by DO&CO
TK's food is great, it was even better for Y when they used DO&CO to cater inbound flights to IST. That has changed a couple of years ago and the Y food is not as attractive since.

I was asked by a QR crew about the food I receive - they walked around and asked passengers how they feel about the food they received. I give them an 8 because of the portion is too small. Not sure if SK dares to do the same
Old Nov 9, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by nacho
Not sure if SK dares to do the same
That be like having the IRS go around and ask if people enjoy their taxes. The amount of uneaten food and thrown away meals should be an indictor to SK above everything.

Asking for feedback is a great tool to improve your product if you are willing to listen to and accept the messages from your customers. If you've already made up your mind and disregard everything, you're just wasting everybody's time.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 9:04 am

To FlyingMoose:
This afternoon, evening The lounge in ARN has chicken in Morrocan sauce as the warm dish and plenty of it too....
Old Nov 11, 2016, 9:48 am

Last week on Friday evening they had Hot Dog (actually rřd přlse), Hamburger patties and warm smoked salmon in CPH. While I though the Hot Dogs and Hamburgers looked and smelled horrible I appreciated the gesture. And obviously most of the lounge guest really like them... there was a war on the buffet going on
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:01 am

To FlyingMoose:
This afternoon, evening The lounge in ARN has chicken in Morrocan sauce as the warm dish and plenty of it too....
I had that chicken in OSL on Wednesday. Quite good. Only disappointment was that the berry cake ran out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.