Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Some reflections on the current menu, it was presented in a very colourful layout and the changes weren't many.

While airmixology is gone, now called "Cocktails & Co", the new cocktails are better. Including the usual classics such as G&T, Bloody Mary's and Vodka Martinis there where two whiskey based cocktails which where very decent and I particularly appreciated the fact that they where marketed in the menu as "available throughout the whole flight". As opposed to having to beg for a 2nd cocktail during the airmixology era.

The starter is still some kind of inedible, cold, waste of ingredients, time and money. The main courses are the same as before, sub-par quality and to small in size. I'm pretty sure that my "Braised Beef" had less than 100g of actual meat. Desert was pretty much the same to, the smallest slice of pie you can imagine accompany with 3 pieces of colourless pineapple.

If someone has a good place to host images, I can upload some fotos of the copy of the menu I took.
imgur.com would be the easiest place to do that. Would love to see.

How did you avoid the Swedish fish product advertised as non-offensive caviar? Weren't they supposed to treat us to this 20 cent-a-piece offering by now?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If someone has a good place to host images, I can upload some fotos of the copy of the menu I took.
FT allows upload of images directly... thats how I posted images to this thread.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
FT allows upload of images directly... thats how I posted images to this thread.
Maybe our Moose friend doesn't want a site that overreaches as much as this to own his personal photos?

There's been some witch hunting going on here and I can only warn people from loading personal photos directly to this site (you don't want to give them your exif data, they can be used to dox you, which has happened frequently here, even by moderators).
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I noticed today that they have FeverTree tonic water for the Gin and Tonic instead of the usual Schweppes tonic water.
Intra-Europe.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by helosc
I noticed today that they have FeverTree tonic water for the Gin and Tonic instead of the usual Schweppes tonic water.
Intra-Europe.
Longhaul too! Just had it yesterday.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by helosc
Intra-Europe.
A change but hardly an improvement. Of course from the over hyped brand perspective, it is a step up.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
A change but hardly an improvement. Of course from the over hyped brand perspective, it is a step up.
Disagree completely, Fever-Tree is a quality tonic and a big step up from the usual stuff.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by view
Disagree completely, Fever-Tree is a quality tonic and a big step up from the usual stuff.
Fever Tree is a lot of story telling and marketing hype. We can all have a preferred flavour, however in the end it is nothing more than changing between Pepsi and Coke.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
We can all have a preferred flavour, however in the end it is nothing more than changing between Pepsi and Coke.
Speaking of two worlds apart, I don't get why people consider these similar products. A lot of people will take great offence or sense of disappointment when served Pepsi over Coca Cola. Pepsi is the Mikkeler of sodas.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Speaking of two worlds apart, I don't get why people consider these similar products. A lot of people will take great offence or sense of disappointment when served Pepsi over Coca Cola. Pepsi is the Mikkeler of sodas.
Which I don't understand why they take offence over, Pepsi or Coke is a matter of which exact artificial flavours are mixed with water and carbonated. I understand that people can have a preference, as the flavour is not the same. But to the level of offence I don't get. Also it is neither a quality upgrade or downgrade going from one to the other in the service offering. Even if my taste preferences lean in one direction.

Beer does require a certain amount of natural ingredients and a controlled fermentation process to be. The distinctness of flavours and results are far greater than Coke and Pepsi, and again I understand preferences existing, but still not offence taken over what is served.
​​​
​​​​
​​​​
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The offence taken comes from the ignorance of the venue that serves one thing when asked for the other, it has nothing to do with the flavouring or process that produces the beverage. The disappointing but appropriate reply when asked for Coca cola but only serving Pepsi would be "Is Pepsi ok?", so people can then answer "No" and either leave or order something else. Being served a different item then I asked for and then being charged for it is clearly not acceptable. No different from venues who have now decided to start serving Coke Zero without confirmation when people asked for and expected a regular Coke. Clearly there is a personal and subjective element to taste.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The offence taken comes from the ignorance of the venue that serves one thing when asked for the other, it has nothing to do with the flavouring or process that produces the beverage. The disappointing but appropriate reply when asked for Coca cola but only serving Pepsi would be "Is Pepsi ok?", so people can then answer "No" and either leave or order something else. Being served a different item then I asked for and then being charged for it is clearly not acceptable. No different from venues who have now decided to start serving Coke Zero without confirmation when people asked for and expected a regular Coke. Clearly there is a personal and subjective element to taste.
But then we are discussing something completely different,the manner of presenting the different options and choices. Rather than the quality of the choices.

​​​​​​
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by view
I also had it last week intra Europa. To me it is a fine improvement. Tastes better, more dry.

I don't know if Fever Tree is over hyped, but at stores it cost at least twice compared to Schweppes.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Flew recently CPH-ARN-TMP and back over the weekend. The ‘fresh bites’ in Plus were the quinoa thing with chorizo. It is not bad, but it was offered on all 4 legs!!

The CA on the fourth leg apologized and said, SAS was hesitating to introduce other, promised variants. I had a Polarrulle.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:33 pm

It reflects poorly on SK when the Polarrulle is the best option. I end up with it most of the time on intra-Europe flights as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.