Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: SK-EBD
There has been an interesting change/upgrade of some spirits onboard. Norwegian gin, Swedish whisky and Danish vodka. They substitute the former offerings.

There is a lot of storytelling and branding in that, but it seems to be fair improvement.

I like the Harakorn gin – more straightforward and more juniper than the somewhat perfumed Bombay Saphire.

The single malt Mackmyra looks on paper as an improvement over the blended Grant’s. Didn’t taste it yet.

I don’t drink vodka – but could be interesting to hear from the Bloody Mary-folks, if hops go well with vodka and tomato juice.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I'm not a fan of Mackmyra neat but it works very well in the whiskey-based cocktails that SK has started to serve in Business. I was skeptical when they got rid of the original mixology but the new cocktails are definitely an improvement.

I tried the Gin, it was alright but far from special. Have not tried the Vodka as I avoid anything Mikkeller makes like the plague.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Okay. That SAS Plus meal from CPH-EWR that was... atrocious. I still have no clue what the purple/orange/white mush stuff in the middle was. The red/white on the left was "fish". The entire thing was pure mush.

The second meal was better but that wouldn't be hard to do, honestly.

All my transatlantic flights with SAS since that one have been booked in business (I had business on the return - food was fine, though they ran out of what I wanted)
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:11 am

You win! I had my fair share of disgusting SK on-board meals (even in J) but it never looked like that. You should have complained to the FA that probably someone puked on your meal tray.

Anybody around to defend this as 'oh, that is just authentic Scandinavian'?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by fassy
You win! I had my fair share of disgusting SK on-board meals (even in J) but it never looked like that. You should have complained to the FA that probably someone puked on your meal tray.

Anybody around to defend this as 'oh, that is just authentic Scandinavian'?
I was exhausted and lacking an appetite due to the nature of the trip so didn't even think to complain. This was more a flight of wine and sedatives to keep from making a scene. I was flying back to my hometown to see a friend who was dying. The goal on that flight was just to avoid talking to anyone (which they seem excellent at doing in Plus on transatlantic).

The return flight was a different story as I was even worse shape coming back but I was in business class on the return fortunately. I really want to find out who the FA was looking after me because she was full blown grandmotherly, looking after me. I was a total trainwreck as my friend passed right around when dinner was being served. That FA was absolutely wonderful, along with whoever was working with her.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
the new Speedy Tom protein bar is proper tasty and the new apply juice in a botttle is also very good.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:10 pm

The new gin is not too my taste but at least the Fever Tree tonic is an upgrade from the Schweppes one. Together it went down well enough
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Right now in CPH gold lounge, and there is butter The butter is back !!! but still no newspapers.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:48 pm

OK – previously complained about lack of dining option at EWR. It is still not great, but after walking past it several times I gave Vino Volo I try (past security towards the usual SK gates). Good wine, quite decent food and something rare for EWR nice service.

And it does wonders to you after the consistently rude and Stasi (or inspired by a local idol) wanna bes at the security check. They absolutely have to be the worst in world – and would not survive 30min in any European airport.
But I found my new drinking hole at EWR

And I have to say the food I got in C on my way over was quite nice, "löjrom, chicken with chorizo and roasted potatos and a very nice chocolate desert with the pistachio ice dream that actually taste of pistachio. Shrimps just before landing. Good job SAS.

And the gave the Ginger Forest a try. Nice
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
OK – previously complained about lack of dining option at EWR. It is still not great, but after walking past it several times I gave Vino Volo I try (past security towards the usual SK gates). Good wine, quite decent food and something rare for EWR nice service.

And it does wonders to you after the consistently rude and Stasi (or inspired by a local idol) wanna bes at the security check. They absolutely have to be the worst in world – and would not survive 30min in any European airport.
But I found my new drinking hole at EWR
Didn't realise we had Vino Volo at EWR. Cool. That place is great. Only place worth eating at when I'm going all the way home to Jacksonville.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by wazow
Right now in CPH gold lounge, and there is butter The butter is back !!! but still no newspapers.
There was no butter in the CPH Gold lounge in the early morning (Friday)......
And I had forgotten to bring my own, so not a good start to the day.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
LHR and AMS security staff gives EWR security a run for their money, especially in terms of rudeness and incompetence.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by helosc
There was no butter in the CPH Gold lounge in the early morning (Friday)......
And I had forgotten to bring my own, so not a good start to the day.
They are pushing our attentiveness levels to the limit. The butter and the butter-like-product packages are almost identical, except for the "smør" label in small font on top.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Can someone explain the obsession with butter to me? New to the SAS subforum..
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by wazow
They are pushing our attentiveness levels to the limit. The butter and the butter-like-product packages are almost identical, except for the "smør" label in small font on top.
Yes, and keeping us guessing - will they have it or not......
I had a very good look at the bowl with the butter/mixed butter products and all the packets I saw were mixed products.

On board they have a new still water - Imsdal.
Very nice soft water - I liked it a lot.
I'll try the new gin on my way home on Thursday hopefully.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.