Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
A350-900: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-359

Front business class cabin includes rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Mini business class cabin includes rows 9 and 10.

Rows 1 and 9 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

The toilets are between rows 8 and 9.

Some prefer the mini cabin for its more intimate size.

Row 9 are just in front of the wing. Row 10 are on top of the wing.
Uneven rows have the window seat next to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat next to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

Service begins from row 1.

A330-300: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-333

One business cabin (between doors 1 and 2) rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Row 1 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

Uneven rows have the window seat close to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat close to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

The toilets and galley are located after row 8.

A321neoLR: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-32q

One business cabin rows 1-7 in alternating 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 seating.

Uneven rows are in 2 x 2 configuration, while even rows are in 1 x 1 configuration. The single seats have two armrests and offer more privacy and thus are desirable.

The toilets and galley are located in front of row 1.

Print Wikipost

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
The “real” window seats (2, 4, 6 and 8) have 6cm more length (202 cm) than other normal seats (196 cm). They don’t need to give away space for access to other seats. Row 1 may also be slightly better than “normal” seats, but not as much as the real window seats.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by fassy
I think the dimensions of the J seat on SK is pretty generous
Agree. They are all decent length.

I think the longest seats may actually be on LN-RKP but I would not choose it for that reason in any event.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Never understood that obsession with row 1 having like 5cm more room in the footwell. I think the dimensions of the J seat on SK is pretty generous and as CPH-Flyer, I prefer the "window seats" as well. Also in row 1 you run into the baby-risk and often enough getting hit by the curtain when the crew moves through.

Not a fan of row 1 at all.
On some airlines it makes a huge difference to get the bulkhead seats. Most notably SQ where you get the full width of the seat rather than a tiny cubby off to the side of the seat. But also the CX 77W have a far bigger footwell in the bukhead rows. So if OP has no experience with SK it is a quite fair question.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
It do have a much larger leg room than other seats. especially in vertical space, which it is really important if you want to roll around on the flat bed.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
On some airlines it makes a huge difference to get the bulkhead seats. Most notably SQ where you get the full width of the seat rather than a tiny cubby off to the side of the seat. But also the CX 77W have a far bigger footwell in the bukhead rows. So if OP has no experience with SK it is a quite fair question.
No experience what so ever.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:24 pm

Best seats for a couple SAS 330 Business class

We currently have RT East Coast to CPH 2 adjacent center seats booked in Business Class on SAS 330 which has a 1+2+1 configuration. We are considering switching to two window seats...one behind the other. However I have read that odd number seats are a little away from the window and are very exposed to the aisle. Question is whether odd numbered window seats are "more exposed" than center seats are to the aisle. In other words, if one of us takes more exposed odd number window seat, will that person be more exposed to the aisle than if he is in a center 2 x 2 configuration seat. Hope that is clear. Thanks.

Last edited by edgee; Feb 24, 2019 at 4:28 pm Reason: clarity
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
The odd number seats is more exposed to the aisle. The odd number's A, D and H only have a arm rest between the aisle, and the arm rest is movable. I suggest to choose 2A and 4A, since it is closer to the window with more privacy, however the leg room on Vintage XL is BS. I bump my leg when I try to turn my body a little. If you like to flip around while sleeping, I suggest choosing the Bulkhead eg 1A, 1H. The kitchen and restroom in the front is reserved for crew only so there are no disturbance. For this kind of cross-over seats, I like the Stellia seats better than the Vintage XL. (The seats on TG's 77Ws and 350s is the Stellia seats), or the UA's new Polaris seats are good as well.

For couple, I suggest 1A and 2A, since 1A have much more legroom, kitchen and restroom in the front are reserved and 2A have more privacy.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:12 am

I suggest row 2/4/6 A and D. You'll be across the aisle from each other but with the little tray/shelf between you and the aisle. Even row 8 is pretty good on a night flight (eastbound) but on a day flight there's some traffic towards the coffee/snacks mini-lounge
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Seat 9H in row 9 on the A340 really gives an insane amount of leg space and has an extra storage apace too!

I had trouble finding photos so here it goes for the community:

Seat 9H on SAS A340

Seat 9D and 9F on SAS A340
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Row 9 really does give a big amount of extra legroom and even more storage space.

Here some photos of 9A on the SAS A340 and 9D and 9F, hope it helps you that we’re, like me, struggling to choose what seat to go for:

Seat 9A on SAS A340

Seat 9D and 9F on SAS A340
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:21 am

Thoughts on SAS Business from a 'new' flyer

I recently had my first long haul business flights with SAS, r/t to HKG from Oslo. A move back to Oslo last year from London, led to a change in primary carriers.

[FWIW I was BA Gold/Silver for bit less than a decade, and have flown amply with BA, QR, CX as well as a fair bit with AA (all LH C or above). In the heydays of bmi I flew LH a bit (C+F) and LX and TG (C or F). RIP diamond club! I also used to be Star Gold back then.]

Until now I've jetted a fair bit around Norway, Nordics and Europe on SK in Plus and Go. I've been silver until now, Gold from these flights.

Lounges:
OSL - really not a fan of the place, and think overall worse than average OW C lounges. Lack of spirits I think is cheap. Food is just uninspired.
CPH - ibid
(On our return, three long haul fligths emptied into the CPH lounge and it was practially full - no wall partition means it is incredibly noisy). Personally given l/h Plus gets access I think Silver+Business should give access to the Gold lounge).
HKG - what a dump. The SQ lounge was crowded, smelled. Managed to stay in there for 10 minutes before we left, people were standing. Went to the UA UC which was better. These lounges are not even on a scale with CX lounges (C or F) Ilse Crawford concept.

Plus:
For the jump to CPH, perfectly acceptable. Overall, I quite like the Plus concept at its regular price points. Again, the lack of spirits (on Nordic flights) is annoying. A GT is occasionally appreciated.

l/h Business.
Seat:
This my first time with Vantage XL seat. I've flown the standard Vantage seat on OS, LX, BA and AY previously. Whilst the seat is ok, it is no patch on the Cirrus (or whatever it is now called) installed on CX/AA/AF 777s (I detest the AY A350 version of the Cirrus seats). The foot coffin feels narrow and long. On my return I had row 1 which was better. I'd put in on par with the Super Diamond on AA, BA, QR, etc... but would give the Super Diamond the edge up on the XL seat simply because of its increased privacy.

The Cirrus seat remains my favourite seat which is a shame as I had high hopes for the XL seat.

Service:
On the outbound, service was quite polished, with crew starting at the top of the aisle each time. The towels are better than most competitors, I liked the slippers they handed out and the amenity kit does the job.

The cabin was unbearably warm, with significant changes (rushes of cold air) in temp which I assume comes from an aging 340, however finding the cabin crew in t-shirts in the galley makes me think they preferred a warm cabin. A request to turn down temperature was met with "I'll see what I can do".

Food was simple but ok. I think if I travelled SK long haul monthly I think I'd easily be bored. The 'base line' of its excitement tells me that you never get anything 'new' onboard. BA here significantly better.

I asked for wine with my meal and subsequently got a half full glass. I'd estimate that to be about 60-70ml, if that. A request to get more was met with a face. On the return first time I asked for wine (first drink) I got a full glass. A change to the other wine led a half a glass. Outbound had proactive top-ups, return did not. The 'having to beg' for a glass of a NOK 150 bottle of wine usually annoys me greatly (when going on holiday).

Return service was curt, and my partner, who's a non-Scandi but understands Norwegian, thought service was rude, particualarly from a couple crew members. Based on us both, it appears that I as a Scandi speaker got better/friendlier service.

I like the coffee machine and ample water bottles. Other airlines could really learn from them here. Usually I find water is rationed.

Conclusion:
A bit rambling above but overall I was not too impressed with SK. Service for someone who's uncomfortable ascerting their poisiton I guess could sometimes be quite bad. Personally I find the friendlier tone from BA (overall) , the 'on-demand' (use call bell) from CX both to be much better than whatever SAS is trying to do. A bit of "can I help you" attitude would be great.

I fly a fair bit in Europe with an employer that pays for cheapest tickets only but I can choose SK or DY (or BA, etc...) quite freely. Between paid upgrades, some long haul (privately or work) I just about qualify for *A Gold but cannot do *G and OWS. Because OW isn't great for me from Oslo for short haul , I will choose going forward *A long haul over what I deem to be better options, being AA/BA west or QR/BA south, or QR/CX east. Which is a shame for me.
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:35 am

Well... the SK lounges have gone really downhill the last 2, 3 years. Upgrading long-haul J customers into the Gold lounge won't help... sometimes I even go downstairs in CPH because of overcrowding of the Gold lounge...

Regarding the in-air experience, I find the hard product quite good and one of the best in Europe but the soft product kind of puts me off, my worst complains are about:
- I usually do not enjoy the food, often find it really bad
- spotty crews, sometimes great, sometimes outright hostile but most enough just nordic 'i can't be bothered with anything'. Best crews, in my experience, are younger Swedish or Danish crews out of CPH. Worst, the Danish granny gang and northern grumpy vikings from Oslo
- meal service takes forever... for a EWR-CPH/ARN/OSL flight lights out 3 to 4 hours after departure is just ridiculous

But I usually buy just based in price and schedule nowadays with giving *A carriers a like 15% bonus against . And in that regard, SK doesn't get my business in 90% of cases anyway
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I find SK business class seats on the long-haul flights to be sort of too hard in the sleeping position but rather ok for non-sleep purposes.

The service from airline employees varies. Not good enough to make me pay a premium for it, but also not bad enough to require that they give me an extra discount to consider it.

How many FilippaK amenity kits will I get from SK flights this year? Some more for sure, but it’s not because SK is extra-special in any good or bad way.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 13, 2020 at 10:00 am
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:27 am

Well... the SK lounges have gone really downhill the last 2, 3 years. Upgrading long-haul J customers into the Gold lounge won't help... sometimes I even go downstairs in CPH because of overcrowding of the Gold lounge...

Regarding the in-air experience, I find the hard product quite good and one of the best in Europe but the soft product kind of puts me off, my worst complains are about:
- I usually do not enjoy the food, often find it really bad
- spotty crews, sometimes great, sometimes outright hostile but most enough just nordic 'i can't be bothered with anything'. Best crews, in my experience, are younger Swedish or Danish crews out of CPH. Worst, the Danish granny gang and northern grumpy vikings from Oslo
- meal service takes forever... for a EWR-CPH/ARN/OSL flight lights out 3 to 4 hours after departure is just ridiculous

But I usually buy just based in price and schedule nowadays with giving *A carriers a like 15% bonus against . And in that regard, SK doesn't get my business in 90% of cases anyway
I was surprised about quality of outbound main course (my partner didn't like his "Asian noodles"), the return main was almost inedible but I am not expecting my culinary highlights to come from airline food.

I don't have a wide enough l/h experience but short haul certainly mimics. Outbound were elderly but largely friendly (but with that tsk tsk attitude for more wine), return was more on the hostile. However, for a 1am departure, I think food was wrapped up within 90min of take-off which I understand is good. Despite the hour, I try to readjust at that time.

On the lounges, fair enough. I just thought the C lounge was close to unbearable. Annoying to hear it doesn't get better.

Originally Posted by GUWonder;
I find SK business class seats on the long-haul flights to be sort of too hard in the sleeping position but rather ok for non-sleep purposes.

The service from airline employees varies. Not good enough to make me pay a premium for it, but also not bad enough to require that they give me an extra discount to consider it.

How many FilippaK amenity kits will I get from SK flights this year? Some more for sure, but it’s not because SK is extra-special in any good or bad way.

Would agree on service. On the seat you make a point I forgot. Who thinks an inflatable pillow is a good design either from passenger side or airline. A pillow would cost them less, and I have never found on the standard Vantage or now the XL it works. It keeps inflating and deflating, and on the XL seat neither my partner nor I could get it to the fullest level. I am surprised I've not seen any "I slept on a metal plate complaints".
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
It keeps inflating and deflating, and on the XL seat neither my partner nor I could get it to the fullest level. I am surprised I've not seen any "I slept on a metal plate complaints".
You don't have to wander of too far... only to the AC potion of this board and look at the Deflategate thread: Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.