Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
A350-900: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-359

Front business class cabin includes rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Mini business class cabin includes rows 9 and 10.

Rows 1 and 9 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

The toilets are between rows 8 and 9.

Some prefer the mini cabin for its more intimate size.

Row 9 are just in front of the wing. Row 10 are on top of the wing.
Uneven rows have the window seat next to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat next to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

Service begins from row 1.

A330-300: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-333

One business cabin (between doors 1 and 2) rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Row 1 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

Uneven rows have the window seat close to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat close to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

The toilets and galley are located after row 8.

A321neoLR: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-32q

One business cabin rows 1-7 in alternating 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 seating.

Uneven rows are in 2 x 2 configuration, while even rows are in 1 x 1 configuration. The single seats have two armrests and offer more privacy and thus are desirable.

The toilets and galley are located in front of row 1.

Print Wikipost

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:26 am

Both outbound and on return 30.000 plus the EBD Bonus (which I think attributes to like +15%?). The gauge did show it between the first and second segment, I think as like 'a bit modest'.

Business cabin was full at time of departure, when I placed the bis like 6 open on the outbound, 4 on the inbound.

The Polaris flight was quite good, as you said huge improvement over the old UA business seat. Even service and meal was quite decent. Had two nice younger FAs tending to my aisle and nothing to complain about. The SFO Polaris lounge (or as I also spend time in the EWR and ORD lounge) is ok but nothing to write home about. Obviously a huge improvement over the UA club but just on par now with most of the bigger hub lounges in Europe. The dining room concept is pretty poor I think. In general nothing which would make me book out of my way just because an airport has a Polaris lounge. Compared to a LH F lounge... well... let's don't compare.

What is better UA Polaris or SK J? Doesn't make a huge difference to me. Both are decent Business class products but I probably liked the UA flights a bit better.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, UA Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks Fassy, especially for the speedy reply too! When you put your bid in, did the gauge suggest 33 or something different at first? Right now my flight shows 25 of the 40 J seats open but the flight is still almost 3 weeks away. Do you have any idea if there is any advantage in waiting until it is closer to bid or not, does timing have anything to do with it? I am no longer diamond just gold so I won't have that advantage either. Any ideas? Thanks again for your interesting and informative information! Agree with your sentiment how polaris lounge just at par with other EU lounges. I had to laugh when I saw that very large and quite prevalent sign, was thinking to myself, voted by who ?! lol
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH*FQTV
The EBD Bonus is 30%, so fassy's bid counted as 39.000 points. As a EBG, you still get a 20% bonus, so you'd have to invest 32.500 points for the same bid.

There is also this tool that combines a bunch of data points from different users reporting on their upgrade bids over at businessclass.se: Small SAS Plusgrade
Unfortunately, the website hasn't been updated in a while, but people are still reporting in the original thread, so you might find some helpful information on how successful other people's bids were: https://www.businessclass.se/forum/t...32312/page-190
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:21 pm

Thank you for sharing this great information! I will definitely look though these links. Again, I very much appreciate your sharing this absolutely invaluable information!!
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Shoredreamer
When you put your bid in, did the gauge suggest 33 or something different at first?
not sure I understand the question? 30.000 wasn’t the minimum I could bid. I think the minimum was 25.000 or so? I cranked it up a bit, but only a few thousand points.

Originally Posted by Shoredreamer
Do you have any idea if there is any advantage in waiting until it is closer to bid or not, does timing have anything to do with it?
As far as I know I don’t think it makes a difference when you bid. 48 hrs before departure they will decide how many bids they accept and then give those seats to the highest bids.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:49 pm

yes that is just what I meant, how the minimum was different in your case and you did move it up from there, so thank you for sharing that information. Mine is initially suggesting 33 but it can be moved a little lower or of course higher. All of the information provided is very helpful including the website mentioned by nini_su which does have some quite recent results but obviously each flight can be very different given the supply and demand and who knows what else. I guess I will put my bid in then too if it doesn't matter when it is placed either.

Thanks again and have a great day!
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:06 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
I'll fly in business class on the A350. What's the best seat? It's EWR-CPH, leaving at 5:30 pm, so while a quick nap would be nice, I don't expect to be very sleepy at the start of the flight.
The TPG review posted above mentions the row 9-10 mini cabin. Are these the ones to go for? The single seats in row 9 are already taken, but 10A is available. I realize that the SAS Plus seats are behind row 10. Is there any information regarding excessive noise coming from that cabin affecting row 10 compared to the general noise level in the rest of the business class cabin?

Originally Posted by zoechow
They mention improvements, but I didn't see them mention what they were.
Larger TV screen (18 inches vs. 15.4 inches on A330/A340).

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Sep 13, 2021 at 6:32 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 26, 2020, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
I'll fly in business class on the A350. What's the best seat? It's EWR-CPH, leaving at 5:30 pm, so while a quick nap would be nice, I don't expect to be very sleepy at the start of the flight.
The TPG review posted above mentions the row 9-10 mini cabin. Are these the ones to go for? The single seats in row 9 are already taken, but 10A is available. I realize that the SAS Plus seats are behind row 10. Is there any information regarding excessive noise coming from that cabin affecting row 10 compared to the general noise level in the rest of the business class cabin?
While I realize that the booking situation can change closer to departure in mid December (more than a week before Christmas), there are currently only seven business class seats taken.The advantage of the mini-cabin privacy may not matter considering I can currently book a window seat in the main business class cabin and have nobody in the rows behind or ahead of me, or in the seats across the aisle. If I stay in row 10, there may be people in row 9 (window seats currently blocked)as well as in the Plus seats behind me (20A booked).

Last edited by DrinkSlinger; Nov 26, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Old Nov 26, 2020, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
While I realize that the booking situation can change closer to departure in mid December (more than a week before Christmas), there are currently only seven business class seats taken.The advantage of the mini-cabin privacy may not matter considering I can currently book a window seat in the main business class cabin and have nobody in the rows behind or ahead of me, or in the seats across the aisle. If I stay in row 10, there may be people in row 9 (window seats currently blocked)as well as in the Plus seats behind me (20A booked).
Any true Window seat would be my pick. I would not worry much about exactly which row it would be.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
A week ago I had the opportunity to fly SAS for the first time ever from ORD to CPH onboard the brand new A350 in Business class. I was sitting in 1K.

With all fairness, The seat was one of the best business class seats I have ever flown with. The service was warm and food mix was great. I slept for 5 hours during the flight, something that I can't do easily when flying.

Chapeau Bas for SAS. You really impressed me and you won a new customer
Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
A week ago I had the opportunity to fly SAS for the first time ever from ORD to CPH onboard the brand new A350 in Business class. I was sitting in 1K.

With all fairness, The seat was one of the best business class seats I have ever flown with. The service was warm and food mix was great. I slept for 5 hours during the flight, something that I can't do easily when flying.

Chapeau Bas for SAS. You really impressed me and you won a new customer
What is your benchmark for this claim? I can agree on the seating being ok but warm service and great food is something I've not had on SK for nearly 2 decades.
kauppias likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
FlyingMoose I was lucky on that day
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
What is your benchmark for this claim? I can agree on the seating being ok but warm service and great food is something I've not had on SK for nearly 2 decades.
I've actually had warm and friendly service in SAS business class on my US-CPH and CPH-US flights during the pandemic. It's actually been the most friendly/warm service I've gotten from any airline during this pandemic when it comes to having flown the airline for 4 or more flights during the pandemic. Great food? Definitely not SAS's strength during this pandemic, as I see it; but I've had worse elsewhere and better before on SAS.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've actually had warm and friendly service in SAS business class on my US-CPH and CPH-US flights during the pandemic. It's actually been the most friendly/warm service I've gotten from any airline during this pandemic when it comes to having flown the airline for 4 or more flights during the pandemic. Great food? Definitely not SAS's strength during this pandemic, as I see it; but I've had worse elsewhere and better before on SAS.
Depends on the crew...

Generally, Danes tend to be warmer, Norwegians in the middle and Swedes cooler...

I used to *hate* that the Swedes ran the gates in CPH many years ago - was always denied my upgrades that I had earned...

Switched to LH and United after that - never again with EB!
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Depends on the crew...

Generally, Danes tend to be warmer, Norwegians in the middle and Swedes cooler...

I used to *hate* that the Swedes ran the gates in CPH many years ago - was always denied my upgrades that I had earned...

Switched to LH and United after that - never again with EB!
I've indeed had the warmest and friendliest crew interactions with Danish crew on my pandemic period SK TATL flights. I suspect that some of the Swedish-speaking crew members flying my CPH-US/US-CPH flights recognize me a little bit at least, but I'm not really sure about that and the impact that may have. With masked up crew, it's harder for me to tell than usual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.