Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
A350-900: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-359

Front business class cabin includes rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Mini business class cabin includes rows 9 and 10.

Rows 1 and 9 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

The toilets are between rows 8 and 9.

Some prefer the mini cabin for its more intimate size.

Row 9 are just in front of the wing. Row 10 are on top of the wing.
Uneven rows have the window seat next to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat next to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

Service begins from row 1.

A330-300: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-333

One business cabin (between doors 1 and 2) rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Row 1 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

Uneven rows have the window seat close to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat close to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

The toilets and galley are located after row 8.

A321neoLR: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-32q

One business cabin rows 1-7 in alternating 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 seating.

Uneven rows are in 2 x 2 configuration, while even rows are in 1 x 1 configuration. The single seats have two armrests and offer more privacy and thus are desirable.

The toilets and galley are located in front of row 1.

Print Wikipost

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
While SK is not stellar, a fairly big improvement over UA in all aspects.
I've flown longhaul J with a dozen airlines and I'd say that SAS biz is in fact quite stellar. I can think of few peers and very few that exceed on hard product (SQ, some ME3 planes)
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
I've flown longhaul J with a dozen airlines and I'd say that SAS biz is in fact quite stellar. I can think of few peers and very few that exceed on hard product (SQ, some ME3 planes)
I was thinking more about soft product in this context. Which might not have been entirely clear.

But in hard product comparisons, JAL and NH beats SK easily (SS7, SS8, SS9 for JL and business staggered for NH). KE is installing the same seat as JL, so there is one more for the list. And I am not quite decided on the Cirrus seat (AA, CX and some others) vs. SK.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The problem with SK isn't the hard product, it is the soft product and service (staff).
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The problem with SK isn't the hard product, it is the soft product and service (staff).
I've heard that complaint often, not sure why I've been so lucky with good crews, maybe because I always speak English? And my point also reflects my own priorities. For me hard product is my primary motivation, I just want to sleep comfortably eastbound, and watch a few movies westbound. I wish the better food lined up that way...
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I've heard that complaint often, not sure why I've been so lucky with good crews, maybe because I always speak English? And my point also reflects my own priorities. For me hard product is my primary motivation, I just want to sleep comfortably eastbound, and watch a few movies westbound. I wish the better food lined up that way...
My primary motivation is time spend traveling and as little of it as possible. In most cases for my EU and US travel SK wins. I find their hard product in the new and refurbished planes acceptable.

The complaint on the soft product comes with 3 annoying issues that I don't experience on any other airline and they are unnecessary problems which are easily fixed.

- Staff is often rude, not service minded, speaks only broken elementary level English and doesn't mind a loud sigh for even the most basic requests (such as a business lavatory having ran out of toilet paper). Of course we shouldn't bother them while they discuss shopping in the galley with their colleagues which is far more important than doing your job and providing service.
- The food served in the Scandinavia->World direction is usually terrible and inedible. In the other direction the food is usually as expected due to non-Nordic catering. I don't know who they use in LAX but I've flown that route a few times now and that's by far the best catering I've had on SK. Just copy paste that concept at their Nordic catering partner and the problem is solved.
- The IFE is just a joke, a very small section of movies mostly recent blockbusters that you've most likely already seen. It also doesn't get refreshed every month so if you make multiple longhaul flights in a short period the problem gets exponentially worse.

Those are 3 significant pieces of the product for which I pay but isn't lived up to at least compared to international competitors.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: More than one
My experience is there is a HUGE difference in the service depending on the crew. I've been on a flight where we were less than 2 pax on each row in business, and the service was REALLY inconsistent and rushed. Not even the jackets did the manage to handle without being asked multiple times.
The flight back home was overbooked. They were asking for 8 persons to take a later flight, but the service was like a clock work and unrushed.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by fassy
Have you seen availability? SFO-CPH is hard to get... In J almost impossible.
It was available for weeks! I finally went to book it tonight and it wasn't available on the day I wanted anymore, but I did end up with ORD-ARN-DUB. Plus first was open on LAS-ORD, so that was a nice consolation prize. I'm just happy I was able to get something completely lay flat and in a 1-2-1 config, especially only two months in advance, in the summer.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
I will try out the new J in November. Are there any seats with more room for your feet (e. g. a "bigger" hole in front of you). I thought the bulkhead seats might be better, but it doesn't look like it on the pictures.

I'd appreciate any insights.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by FlyEurope
I will try out the new J in November. Are there any seats with more room for your feet (e. g. a "bigger" hole in front of you). I thought the bulkhead seats might be better, but it doesn't look like it on the pictures.

All the same but pretty spacious anyway.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:07 pm

There was a post on here a while ago detailing the legroom differences for the seats in SK Business. Unfortunately I couldn't find it. If I remember correctly there are a few seats with slightly more legroom.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

The window seats in row 2 has a fairly narrow footwell as that is where the fuselage starts to get narrower. So I'd advise to avoid those if you are looking for the best space.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
There was a post on here a while ago detailing the legroom differences for the seats in SK Business. Unfortunately I couldn't find it. If I remember correctly there are a few seats with slightly more legroom.
The window seats in row 2 has a fairly narrow footwell as that is where the fuselage starts to get narrower. So I'd advise to avoid those if you are looking for the best space.
Originally Posted by fassy
All the same but pretty spacious anyway.
Thank you for your helpful comments. So I take it the bulkhea seats 1A/K don't offer any real advantage?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for your helpful comments. So I take it the bulkhea seats 1A/K don't offer any real advantage?
I have not tried them, but they look like the footwell is larger than rest of the seats. But I may be wrong.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:04 am

It is very minimal, on row 1 the foot space is in the "wall" and not in the seat in front of you. I can't remember if it felt more spacious as those are not my preferred seats in either direction.

I'll have a quick look on Tuesday when flying SK945.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ah, rats I'm in 2A to PVG. Cabin is relatively open, should I move to 3 or 4A?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.