Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
A350-900: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-359

Front business class cabin includes rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Mini business class cabin includes rows 9 and 10.

Rows 1 and 9 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

The toilets are between rows 8 and 9.

Some prefer the mini cabin for its more intimate size.

Row 9 are just in front of the wing. Row 10 are on top of the wing.
Uneven rows have the window seat next to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat next to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

Service begins from row 1.

A330-300: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-333

One business cabin (between doors 1 and 2) rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Row 1 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

Uneven rows have the window seat close to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat close to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

The toilets and galley are located after row 8.

A321neoLR: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-32q

One business cabin rows 1-7 in alternating 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 seating.

Uneven rows are in 2 x 2 configuration, while even rows are in 1 x 1 configuration. The single seats have two armrests and offer more privacy and thus are desirable.

The toilets and galley are located in front of row 1.

Print Wikipost

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:28 am

All of the SK seats have significantly more leg space and room for your feet than the LH business seats. Some people claim the bulkhead seats have more legroom, but I'm not that sure about that. The wideness of the foot rest room is certainly the same.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
I normally eat prior to boarding:
ORD: At the Hilton - either the sports bar or the Italian (can not remember the name)
Tortas Frontera (Terminal 1/B11, Terminal 3/K4, Terminal 5/M12) is very good.
http://www.rickbayless.com/restaurants/tortas-frontera/
SFO: One of the many dining options pre security - the sushi place is decent
Tomokazu (pre-security intl. terminal A-side and post-security Terminal 3 food court) is good.
Also post-security, Yankee pier isn't bad, and Klein's Deli is good if you want to grab something quickly.

Last edited by UA1K_no_more; Apr 13, 2017 at 7:36 am
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I guess I would prefer footspace - if the legs have to be forced into a narrow area, like UA (PMCO)/LH. (However, more legspace in their respective bulkhead C seats)
the odd rows 'feel' like they have more space because the table and storage is against the wall but they are all the same. The odd row window seats are closer to the aisle, even sits you against the wall
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: United 1k, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriot Gold Elite, SPG Diamond
First SAS flight ever, in Business SFO-CPH. Tell me what I am in for

I've been a United 1k for years and am well used to all classes of service with that airline, domestic and international. I've also been able to fly with several other Star Alliance partners long haul, my favorite being Air NZ.

However I've never been on a SAS flight before, unless there is some short intra-Euro hop I am forgetting about (I may have gone CPH-AMS before).

As it happens I am going to CPH for a cruise the end of May and my wife and I decided to go in style, so we're doing AUS-SFO-CPH (it may seem strange flying "backwards" from Austin to SFO, but if I am flying business I prefer longer flights, I can never sleep well on ones with legs under 8 hours, and the only other option is Chicago, an airport I try to avoid). CPH-IAD-AUS on the way back.

The price was decent for Z class - $4500 USD round trip - and most importantly it was the best schedule coming and going with the least number of stops. If I had flown UA metal there would have been at least an extra stop each way, worse departure/arrival times, and more expensive tickets (by at least $1500) on top of it all. That is a lot for what would amount to a much longer travel day. Plus, I am used to UA and while the new Polaris soft product is decent the hard product in front is really lacking for such an expensive seat.

So, SAS, business. I think we will be getting a plane with the new seats, no? Anything in particular I should know/expect? I hear the crews can sometimes be unfriendly but believe me that is nothing new for UA either. I've had great crews and horrible ones no matter where I happened to be sitting on that airline.

Also is there an SAS arrival lounge in CPH or it it just for departures?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There are quite a few threads commenting on the SK experiences.

All planes except the back up plane has the new cabin. The back up plane, referred to by the registration LN-RKP, has full flat seats of LAN Chile origin. It has just been purchased by SK and there is a hope it might mean a cabin refresh.

Arriving in long haul J you can use the SAS Business Lounge as arrival lounge.

Catering discussions here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1813519-let-s-eat-let-s-not-eat-sk-catering-discussions.html

Concerning the configuration of the back up plane
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1524059-ln-rkp-ferried-chile-toulouse.html

New business class reviews
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1685539-sas-new-business-class-trip-report-pictures-merged-experience-reports.html
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
SK J is head and shoulders above UA BusinessFirst. I have flown SK J often, but had my first experience with UA last summer LHR-LAX-HNL-SFO-LHR. UA domestic business is much better than SK shorthaul business, but the longhaul product comes nowhere near SK. Better seats, wider seats, 1-2-1 config.

As I am sure you will read, the food is hit-or-miss. Sometimes great, sometimes the meat is tougher than my shoe. The service can also be spotty, but I usually experience good service. It all boils down to who is working the flight and how their day has been, I guess... Also who is working your row. Our last trip I got great service and my wife got almost no service (not rude, just not attentive).

SK econ is bad, but premium econ and biz hard products are actually competitive in my opinion, especially if you are departing or terminating at CPH/ARN/OSL.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There are quite a few threads commenting on the SK experiences.

All planes except the back up plane has the new cabin. The back up plane, referred to by the registration LN-RKP, has full flat seats of LAN Chile origin. It has just been purchased by SK and there is a hope it might mean a cabin refresh.

Arriving in long haul J you can use the SAS Business Lounge as arrival lounge.

Catering discussions here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...scussions.html

Concerning the configuration of the back up plane
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...-toulouse.html

New business class reviews
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...e-reports.html
Last time when I arrive at Stockholm in long-haul J, I was able to use the SAS Gold Lounge as the arrival lounge (and I only had Star Alliance Silver back then), which has better food and beverage options compared to the business lounge. Maybe you can give that a try at Copenhagen before going to the business lounge.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ronald55
Last time when I arrive at Stockholm in long-haul J, I was able to use the SAS Gold Lounge as the arrival lounge (and I only had Star Alliance Silver back then), which has better food and beverage options compared to the business lounge. Maybe you can give that a try at Copenhagen before going to the business lounge.
The entrance would be the same. In both airports. So the front desk will direct you to the available lounge.

I would guess this would have been at a time where the business lounge was closed, renovation, the very quiet time if summer, or something.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The entrance would be the same. In both airports. So the front desk will direct you to the available lounge.

I would guess this would have been at a time where the business lounge was closed, renovation, the very quiet time if summer, or something.
I knew asking would only get me into the business lounge (it was definitely open), so I just scanned my boarding pass and a green tick popped up. I actually tried it twice, most recently 5 days ago, and both times worked.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by ronald55
I knew asking would only get me into the business lounge (it was definitely open), so I just scanned my boarding pass and a green tick popped up. I actually tried it twice, most recently 5 days ago, and both times worked.
Hmm... I tried the same last night @ ARN Gold lounge (on SK Plus ticket intra Nordic as EBB) - scanned my BP but definitely no green light; had to endure the SK business lounge...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
It's pretty decent. I seem to luck out with crew, especially on long haul flights in business. 3 of them so far and they've been downright friendly... I get about 50/50 friendly or just doing their job in short haul Plus. Haven't encountered anyone being short or rude. They vanish after service but seem either not bothered or happy to assist out you want anything outside of regular service. Again, maybe I'm getting lucky a lot here... but that's like 25 flights now?

I'm a big fan of their seating long haul (But have little to which to compare). Everyone can get to an aisle easily. The massage function is more amusing than effective. Only thing that irks me is the IFE screen doesn't tilt or dim. But if you're sleeping, it's not big deal and not bright from the lie flat position. Oh, no overhead air vents...

I'm not sure if they change the eastbound menu frequently, but I've encountered the same one on both my eastbound long haul flights so far. It's solid. Definitely better than sandwich mush from grab and go in the airport at minimum. Downright tasty at some points. Wine list isn't bad. Try the applemust - alcohol free but so tasty. They close the self service snacks before breakfast or second meal service. And they'll let you sleep as long as possible if you want to skip meals.

on board WiFi is free in business and worked consistently once for me, glitchy once (but worked fine, just wasn't obvious), and couldn't get it to work once (and was too tired to care but other people seemed to be using it). Not the fastest, but no data caps.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Ixian
I've been a United 1k for years and am well used to all classes of service with that airline, domestic and international. I've also been able to fly with several other Star Alliance partners long haul, my favorite being Air NZ.

However I've never been on a SAS flight before, unless there is some short intra-Euro hop I am forgetting about (I may have gone CPH-AMS before).

As it happens I am going to CPH for a cruise the end of May and my wife and I decided to go in style, so we're doing AUS-SFO-CPH (it may seem strange flying "backwards" from Austin to SFO, but if I am flying business I prefer longer flights, I can never sleep well on ones with legs under 8 hours, and the only other option is Chicago, an airport I try to avoid). CPH-IAD-AUS on the way back.

The price was decent for Z class - $4500 USD round trip - and most importantly it was the best schedule coming and going with the least number of stops. If I had flown UA metal there would have been at least an extra stop each way, worse departure/arrival times, and more expensive tickets (by at least $1500) on top of it all. That is a lot for what would amount to a much longer travel day. Plus, I am used to UA and while the new Polaris soft product is decent the hard product in front is really lacking for such an expensive seat.

So, SAS, business. I think we will be getting a plane with the new seats, no? Anything in particular I should know/expect? I hear the crews can sometimes be unfriendly but believe me that is nothing new for UA either. I've had great crews and horrible ones no matter where I happened to be sitting on that airline.

Also is there an SAS arrival lounge in CPH or it it just for departures?
We had a great flight in business CPH-SFO-CPH last March. Very good seats, lots of table space. Wifi, however, not that good. Will be switched to a better system in fall.
Observe, that the config is 1-2-1, so if you want to sit next to your wife, you should select middle seats - its seats D and F. If they put in the spare 340, config is 2-2-2. Right now the spare plane is out for repair in Malta.
I am sure you will have a smooth flight.
Spare plane does NOT have a good entertainment system. No Wifi at all.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
Community Director Emerita

What is the best business class seating on the A340-300?

Is there an existing thread that discusses business class seating on the A340-300? If so, please direct me to it and I'll close this thread.

I have just booked business class tickets for my husband and me on the SFO-CPH flight. Are any seats considered more desirable than others? We would be looking at the middle section. I saw a remark on seatguru that row one has more space in the foot well. I also noted that the toilets are to the back of business class. Are the seats comparable other than those two aspects?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is there an existing thread that discusses business class seating on the A340-300? If so, please direct me to it and I'll close this thread.

I have just booked business class tickets for my husband and me on the SFO-CPH flight. Are any seats considered more desirable than others? We would be looking at the middle section. I saw a remark on seatguru that row one has more space in the foot well. I also noted that the toilets are to the back of business class. Are the seats comparable other than those two aspects?
There was a thread a while back, though not any posts recently. I would say one of the bulk head rows, as that is where the footwell is bigger. If you want to avoid being close to the lavatories, that leaves you with row 1.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jul 17, 2017 at 4:46 am
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Some tips here. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...e-reports.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.