Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
A350-900: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-359

Front business class cabin includes rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Mini business class cabin includes rows 9 and 10.

Rows 1 and 9 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

The toilets are between rows 8 and 9.

Some prefer the mini cabin for its more intimate size.

Row 9 are just in front of the wing. Row 10 are on top of the wing.
Uneven rows have the window seat next to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat next to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

Service begins from row 1.

A330-300: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-333

One business cabin (between doors 1 and 2) rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Row 1 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

Uneven rows have the window seat close to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat close to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

The toilets and galley are located after row 8.

A321neoLR: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-32q

One business cabin rows 1-7 in alternating 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 seating.

Uneven rows are in 2 x 2 configuration, while even rows are in 1 x 1 configuration. The single seats have two armrests and offer more privacy and thus are desirable.

The toilets and galley are located in front of row 1.

Print Wikipost

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 1:26 am

I like the seat on the SK A330/340 for sleeping but as said before, there is no comfy lounge chair position. Also, on both flights the “adjust firmness” function was broken, i.e. didn’t work at all. But over time the seat sporadically and uncommanded changed firmness inflating or deflating parts of the seat cushion.

Wasn’t a problem for me as it were only a few minor corrections. But first I thought I enabled the massage function...
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I actually don't understand why people rave about the Polaris seats. The Vantage XL is better in my opinion. Looking forward to hearing some comments.
I agree - prefer the old (sCO) seats on 772, rather than Polaris on 77w for comfort.

However, for privacy, certain Polaris (odd window) seats are good...
Old Feb 1, 2020, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I agree - prefer the old (sCO) seats on 772, rather than Polaris on 77w for comfort.

However, for privacy, certain Polaris (odd window) seats are good...
The privacy is good in Polaris, not just the odd numbered window seats, but also for the odd numbered middle seats. The privacy partition goes high enough. For the odd numbered middle seat privacy, it wins over the Vantage XL. For odd numbered window, same same same for the true window seat.

Polaris is not bad at all, but it is hyped overly much i think. The bedding is very good though. If you know where they "hide" the mattress pads
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:23 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fassy
Just had my first trip on SK long haul this year. Upgraded both legs ARN-ORD and ORD-ARN to J using points via PlusGrade.

On the outbound, catering was terrible. I had the reindeer starter with salad (nothing wrong with the salad ) which was edible, but not really great. Pretty dry and not particular enjoyable. For the main I had the wild turkey with mashed potato and some slimy sauce. That was truly terrible. Actually skipped most of it after a few sampling bites.

The red wines... well... let’s say I wouldn’t buy them. The Portuguese red wasn’t too bad... the Australian one I didn’t like. But the I admit my standards when it comes to red wine are probably a bit higher. Being addicted to Napa Cabernets, I rather pay $50+ for a great wine once a month which I really enjoy than $15 each weekend.

Crew on the outbound was Swedish, quite ok but typical Nordic. Distant and short in words but delivered a flawless service. That’s ok for me.

Had an early start, a long week behind and an even longer trip and week ahead I tried to sleep after dinner and surprisingly sleep almost 7 hours straight. Was just woke by the FA 20 minutes before landing in ORD.

Overall, decent experience but far from great.

On the return I had the Veal tonnato and salad as starters. And I have to admit, that was pretty good! Juicy veal, pink in the middle, tasty tonnato sauce and nice presentation.

For the main, I opted for the pasta which was also - against all my expectations - very nice.

Wines, see outbound.

The crew was again ARN based and again, ok. Not outstanding, but ok.

Also managed to sleep after dinner almost until touchdown.

So overall, a good experience. For sure not LH or LX F and behind LX or OS J, but quite good.

Have my first UA Polaris next week, let’s see how that compares
[ x ] ARN catering was terrible.
[ x ] SK went cheap on the booze in C.
[ x ] ARN based crew ran their routine but wasn't service minded.
[ x ] Return catering was slightly better and more edible because it was catered in the US.
[ x ] ARN based crew on the return had the same shortcomings are the outbound crew.
[ x ] The flight was bearable because you slept most of it.

Amazing how nothing ever changes or improves. You'll find Polaris a lot better, the product as a whole is vastly superior over anything SK offers.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
[ x ] ARN catering was terrible.
[ x ] SK went cheap on the booze in C.
[ x ] ARN based crew ran their routine but wasn't service minded.
[ x ] Return catering was slightly better and more edible because it was catered in the US.
[ x ] ARN based crew on the return had the same shortcomings are the outbound crew.
[ x ] The flight was bearable because you slept most of it.

Amazing how nothing ever changes or improves. You'll find Polaris a lot better, the product as a whole is vastly superior over anything SK offers.
[ x ] FlyingMoose as usual highlighting everything which he don't like about SK, adding a twist to the bad side, and ignoring everything he can't give a negative spin.

Amazing how someone always see the glass as half empty.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:58 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
I really enjoyed my first SAS flight from ARN to ORD recently. Would like to share pics. What's a good platform to upload and host pics on so I can share them in this thread?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 42000ft
I really enjoyed my first SAS flight from ARN to ORD recently. Would like to share pics. What's a good platform to upload and host pics on so I can share them in this thread?
You can just upload directly be clicking manage attachments when you are typing the post.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:21 am

Or use https://imgbb.com/

Works well with this board.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:28 pm

Review of A350 biz - interestingly the soft product received raving reviews!

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/sas...usiness-class/
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: Chase, United
Originally Posted by SkOrdBgo

They mention improvements, but I didn't see them mention what they were. The a350 cabin is a bit wider than a330 and a340, and they didn't add extra seats per row, like a 2-2-1/1-2-2, as with some Vantage products on the even wider 777. So the improvement may just be giving this width to the passenger, and SAS A350 may be the Vantage with the best width (I guess along with Delta's new ones)?

I'd be interested if anyone has an opinion on the comparison to Solstys staggered seats, e.g. installed 1-2-1 on the new Iberia A350.

Is there anything to prefer between equal density Solstys vs. Vantage?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zoechow
They mention improvements, but I didn't see them mention what they were. The a350 cabin is a bit wider than a330 and a340, and they didn't add extra seats per row, like a 2-2-1/1-2-2, as with some Vantage products on the even wider 777. So the improvement may just be giving this width to the passenger, and SAS A350 may be the Vantage with the best width (I guess along with Delta's new ones)?

I'd be interested if anyone has an opinion on the comparison to Solstys staggered seats, e.g. installed 1-2-1 on the new Iberia A350.

Is there anything to prefer between equal density Solstys vs. Vantage?
The 2-2-1 setup that some airlines do is not Vantage XL seats, that's with the standard Vantage seats.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: Chase, United
The 2-2-1 setup that some airlines do is not Vantage XL seats, that's with the standard Vantage seats.
Ah, I guess that makes sense. There is some improvement of the 221 Vantage in between say the Austrian 777 version and the Swiss 777 version, and I was just assuming that improvement was labelled XL. I hadn't realized that anyone is doing Vantage XL across a 777 in 121 -- but I see that Delta is. That must be a wonderfully wide and spacious seat.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by SkOrdBgo

Well, good to see some people actually like the food. I found the open-faced sandwich with curry chicken pretty disgusting.

Here are my pics:

To be honest, 1-3 don't look that bad. But I found them to be terrible. 4-5 was pretty good.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Vantage (LX/OS/SN):

Vantage XL (SAS)
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, UA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
Just had my first trip on SK long haul this year. Upgraded both legs ARN-ORD and ORD-ARN to J using points via PlusGrade.

Have my first UA Polaris next week, let’s see how that compares
Was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what your points bid was/were(?) I am going to do this for the first time for a flight I have coming up in a few weeks on the outbound segment CPH-ORD, which I have only booked in the plus. The diagram seems to want to start at 33000 and calls it a bit lower but it is possible to go lower and/or much higher. Obviously I don't want to overbid but I would really like to get the upgrade too. Also, see you mentioned you were going to fly polaris, I am definitely interested to hear your take on things. Having flown both myself, I personally dont feel polaris is all it is hyped up to be, but for United, I do feel that it is a great improvement from their previous product. I have to admit though, that I do find it quite comical that they boast in their polaris lounge (at least in SFO) to be "voted best business class lounge in the world" I wonder by whom, obviously not by those who have truly traveled all over the world and experienced many other business class lounges.

Please Note: all said above is just that of my own personal opinions, based solely on my own personal experiences, and it is certainly not my intention to start any negative banter on this board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.