Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
A350-900: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-359

Front business class cabin includes rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Mini business class cabin includes rows 9 and 10.

Rows 1 and 9 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

The toilets are between rows 8 and 9.

Some prefer the mini cabin for its more intimate size.

Row 9 are just in front of the wing. Row 10 are on top of the wing.
Uneven rows have the window seat next to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat next to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

Service begins from row 1.

A330-300: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-333

One business cabin (between doors 1 and 2) rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Row 1 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

Uneven rows have the window seat close to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat close to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

The toilets and galley are located after row 8.

A321neoLR: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-32q

One business cabin rows 1-7 in alternating 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 seating.

Uneven rows are in 2 x 2 configuration, while even rows are in 1 x 1 configuration. The single seats have two armrests and offer more privacy and thus are desirable.

The toilets and galley are located in front of row 1.

Print Wikipost

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Just completed SFO-CPH and CPH-SFO this week. Overall, I found the hard-product business class offerings to be quite nice.

I flew in 2A and 1H. As others have mentioned, for the least amount of disturbance, sit towards the front. 2A certainly felt more private than 1H due to the orientation of the seat, however it also felt smaller. And the opposite was true for 1H - it felt less private but roomier. With that said, 1H still felt very private as the only people to walk past my seat were the FA's.
The food was good, but not great. Meal service took a long time in both directions.
The IFE was good, and I found the movie selection to be good as well. The touchscreen was responsive, easy to use.

Overall, the service was good too. My FA's were polite and friendly. My only complaint was that once the meal service was done, it felt like the entire service stopped. As in, I had to get up and walk to the galley for a refill on champagne. (I didn't want to use the call-button, but I realize that's a personal preference.) I flew F on KE earlier this year and I never even thought about getting up or ringing my bell for service.

I would fly SAS business class again if going to CPH, however the lack of a premium cabin within Europe (I connected through CPH to and from AMS) was disappointing.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
Just completed SFO-CPH and CPH-SFO this week. Overall, I found the hard-product business class offerings to be quite nice.

I flew in 2A and 1H. As others have mentioned, for the least amount of disturbance, sit towards the front. 2A certainly felt more private than 1H due to the orientation of the seat, however it also felt smaller. And the opposite was true for 1H - it felt less private but roomier. With that said, 1H still felt very private as the only people to walk past my seat were the FA's.
The food was good, but not great. Meal service took a long time in both directions.
The IFE was good, and I found the movie selection to be good as well. The touchscreen was responsive, easy to use.

Overall, the service was good too. My FA's were polite and friendly. My only complaint was that once the meal service was done, it felt like the entire service stopped. As in, I had to get up and walk to the galley for a refill on champagne. (I didn't want to use the call-button, but I realize that's a personal preference.) I flew F on KE earlier this year and I never even thought about getting up or ringing my bell for service.

I would fly SAS business class again if going to CPH, however the lack of a premium cabin within Europe (I connected through CPH to and from AMS) was disappointing.
There is a massive difference between F and J. I think the comparison is not really relevant. When I fly JAL F I expect them to ask me before I even think of asking for a refill. And they do.

That being said, the J crew should be in the aisle regularly so you can ask without needing the bell. That can be hit or miss on SK. And you seemed to hit the miss. Not a good ending to an otherwise positive impression
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is a massive difference between F and J. I think the comparison is not really relevant. When I fly JAL F I expect them to ask me before I even think of asking for a refill. And they do.

That being said, the J crew should be in the aisle regularly so you can ask without needing the bell. That can be hit or miss on SK. And you seemed to hit the miss. Not a good ending to an otherwise positive impression
Good point. It's not fair to compare Y to C, so also not entirely fair to compare C to F. I definitely would fly them again...and access to the SFO United Polaris Lounge before departing on the outbound is a huge plus as well.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:15 am

Mattress pad in business class

Hi, in SAS business do all passengers get mattress pads or you need to ask for one?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
The mattress "pad" has allways been waiting for me on my seat, its just not much of a pad very thin in in my opinion.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
The mattress "pad" has allways been waiting for me on my seat, its just not much of a pad very thin in in my opinion.
More like a quilted seat cover than a mattress pad.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
More like a quilted seat cover than a mattress pad.

Indeed, I told my kids its the sheet 😁😁
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:04 am
aju

Programs: SK Diamond *G
The mattress pad is ok. Not very thich, but the same as I've gotten at several other airlines like Air New Zealand, Singapore airlines etc. Works fine to smooth out some bumps I would say.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aju
The mattress pad is ok. Not very thich, but the same as I've gotten at several other airlines like Air New Zealand, Singapore airlines etc. Works fine to smooth out some bumps I would say.
It is OK, and I am not complaining about it per se. But calling it a mattress pad is stretching it a bit far.
tockstew likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
The pad, while much like other airlines, is pretty useless. One turnover while half asleep and it turns into an uncomfortable wad. This was our first time in J with SK, SFO-CPH, and we really enjoyed it. We took the advice of experienced FTers and snagged 1D&F. The seat is really well designed, including a slide out tray that beats trying to lift one to jam it down into a slot. Personally, I wish the footrest would extend a bit while allowing the seat to remain fully upright. I know, that is really nitpicking.

Our service throughout was excellent. The food OK to good with the wines also OK. Liquor selections were quite limited. We would certainly choose SK again. In fact, we have, for travel again SFO-CPH in May, 2019.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I picked 8A on the A340, is that right next to the small snack station? I think if I use eyeshades and white noise machine, the sound shouldn't be an issue, and I kind of like that I can get up for refills or snacks at any time. Do they stock white wine on the bar or just red wine (it seems most airlines don't bother putting out white wine even in an ice bucket, which is annoying)?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I picked 8A on the A340, is that right next to the small snack station? I think if I use eyeshades and white noise machine, the sound shouldn't be an issue, and I kind of like that I can get up for refills or snacks at any time. Do they stock white wine on the bar or just red wine (it seems most airlines don't bother putting out white wine even in an ice bucket, which is annoying)?
It is last row of the main busines cabin, indeed as close as you get to the snack bar.

I have only ever seen red wine there. (only airline I have seen with an ice bucket out, though that was for champagne, in J is QR)
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
extra room on a A330-300 J class row 1?

I saw a review where the reviewer who was sitting in row one thought there was more room there then the other seats? True? Uninformed noob?
Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To me, the footwell looks bigger. But I never select row one, as I want a window seat away from the aisle, so I don't have actual seated experience.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:25 am

Never understood that obsession with row 1 having like 5cm more room in the footwell. I think the dimensions of the J seat on SK is pretty generous and as CPH-Flyer, I prefer the "window seats" as well. Also in row 1 you run into the baby-risk and often enough getting hit by the curtain when the crew moves through.

Not a fan of row 1 at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.