Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
A350-900: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-359

Front business class cabin includes rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Mini business class cabin includes rows 9 and 10.

Rows 1 and 9 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

The toilets are between rows 8 and 9.

Some prefer the mini cabin for its more intimate size.

Row 9 are just in front of the wing. Row 10 are on top of the wing.
Uneven rows have the window seat next to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat next to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

Service begins from row 1.

A330-300: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-333

One business cabin (between doors 1 and 2) rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Row 1 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

Uneven rows have the window seat close to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat close to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

The toilets and galley are located after row 8.

A321neoLR: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-32q

One business cabin rows 1-7 in alternating 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 seating.

Uneven rows are in 2 x 2 configuration, while even rows are in 1 x 1 configuration. The single seats have two armrests and offer more privacy and thus are desirable.

The toilets and galley are located in front of row 1.

Print Wikipost

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by salty749
I just booked ORD-CPH in Business for April - any particular seat you prefer on the 340? Any other tips? Thanks!
Even numbered rows window seats have more leg space
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Its a subjective thread but I really don't agree with some of the things you praise. While I do agree that the hard product is very decent and this should be valued thoroughly as it is much harder to fix than their other problems.

Food - Debated on here to many times, it is terrible. Tasteless, portions to small and a menu which is 100% designed for someone from Scandinavian origin that enjoys things like löjrom (where I often question if they really do or just force themselves to like it because it is Swedish and for Swedes has some kind of elevated status). Excellent wines are only excellent for those enjoying wines for example, so if you don't find a way to compile a menu to satisfy those who don't enjoy the trademark Swedish business dinner arrangement, you're pissing off your customer(s). It is also going far to compare F meals from certain other carriers to SK's C meals, miles apart. Then again, I'll take UA J meals over SK C any day.

Staff - While I've noticed small improvements left and right, I still encounter the old hags with the service attitude of a guard in your favourite gulag on a weekly basis. I do also have my 1 in 30 flights where the planets align and the entire staff is female, service minded and young and the flight is great, like my most recent LAX-ARN, though it is still to rare.

IFE - Flat out bad, if you watch movies outside of your airline travel, you will not find something to watch. I have been brining my own IFE for over a decade as a result of a very poor library, a problem I don't necessarily have on my other first choice airlines. The quality of the screen is fine but becomes irrelevant fast if there is nothing to watch on it.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:01 am

Agreed the hard product is excellent and one of the best J products around. Service is a hit and miss while I have to admit that on long-haul crews have been mostly ok (not great!) for the last few months.

Food... outbound CPH still horrible... departing US or China mostly ok (not great!).

Biggest complained is still the very slow and long dinner service. Especially East bound... give me some sleep on that great lie flats... by the way, I don't think the Hästens stuff is anything special. And does not live up to my expectation about premium bed linen. Not sure if that's a general Hästens problem (I don't think so) or they just use very cheap linen and put on their company logo for SAS.

IFE? Not sure, never use it anyway since I bring my own stuff. I rarely touch the IFE ever on any flight. I think the last time I used the IFE in LH F to watch live TV following the Turkey coup attempt (or staged coup... hatever you favor to believe)

Last edited by fassy; Feb 28, 2017 at 5:07 am
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by fassy

Biggest complained is still the very slow and long dinner service. Especially East bound... give me some sleep on that great lie flats...
This. It's a tough choice: eat the bad lounge food ahead of time and skip the dinner service or sit there for 2 hours for the slow service.

I used to fly Delta through AMS more often, and they were able to serve dinner quickly without feeling rushed. Their hard product was at least as good, and the food was better too. But current location and job routes put me on SAS most often these days.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by alltforsverige
This. It's a tough choice: eat the bad lounge food ahead of time and skip the dinner service or sit there for 2 hours for the slow service.
I normally eat prior to boarding:
ORD: At the Hilton - either the sports bar or the Italian (can not remember the name)
IAD: The new Turkish lounge actually have quite decent food
SFO: One of the many dining options pre security - the sushi place is decent
BOS: Eat in-town - North End... So close to the airport anyway
EWR: This I still have not figured out yet - despite a gazillion visits. No decent places pre-security, no decent ones after, lounges does not serve a proper meal either.
MIA: Still early days for me
LAX: Have still not figured out why I should go there

Last edited by FT Guest xyzpdq; Mar 2, 2017 at 12:35 am
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
ORD: At the Hilton - either the sports bar or the Italian (can not remember the name)
SFO: One of the many dining options pre security - the sushi place is decent
BOS: Eat in-town - North End... So close to the airport anyway
EWR: This I still have not figured out yet - despite a gazillion visits. No decent places pre-security, no decent ones after, lounges does not serve a proper meal either.
MIA: Still early days for me
If nothing else in MIA go to Ice Box Café by gate D28 for the Key Lime Pie.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The Hilton has the "Gaslight Club" with reasonable steak and one of the best options for a decent meal before a flight at O'Hare.

There are both a Chipotle and a Pot Belly close to the usual SK gates that provide affordable meals that are better than what you get served in-flight.

The Chilli's before terminal B security is probably your best bet for cocktails and some meat.

I'd eat outside of the airport or grab a Umami burger at the foodcourt next to the lounge lifts.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If nothing else in MIA go to Ice Box Café by gate D28 for the Key Lime Pie.
Thanks - will try next time around
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Gold
I love your comment about EWR. I flew through terminal B all the time between MSP-EWR on Delta when I was US-based, and now I am still doing it based in ARN with a different company. I just can't escape that very special place. I know more about that airport than the TSA agents who work there. (No, seriously. They didn't know that there is a way to get between terminals without going through security again. I have done it, so I know it's true. They told a guy ahead of me in line once that there wasn't.) I've almost been through EWR more times than either of my last two "home" airports because it has been the most common thread in work travel from both.

I haven't done LAX on SAS, but I'd just go to the In-N-Out Burger closest to the terminal. It's walkable if you really want it, and after too many months away from the West Coast, I'd want it
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by salty749
I just booked ORD-CPH in Business for April - any particular seat you prefer on the 340? Any other tips? Thanks!
Any tips for the A330 seats??

Originally Posted by GreatDane
Even numbered rows window seats have more leg space
Teminal B has nothing, Terminal C (the United/Continental terminal) has all kinds of fancy "new" (about a few years old) dining places and bars - it's quite a good option - especially when the United Club in C is still serving a salad, soup, crackers if you are lucky and sometimes chocolate-chip cookies (as I managed to grab a few days ago)

Hopefully they will get their act together and build a Polaris lounge to allow us some decent food - else my kids end up buying a buffet fresh salad outside and bringing it on board their UA flight. (Yes, the food still *sucks* - after about 1 month of "Polaris" (initially very good) menus...)

(Don't even ask about beer - if you don't want a Bud or a Coors Lite - then be prepared to *pay* - even as a business-class passenger!)
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
(Don't even ask about beer - if you don't want a Bud or a Coors Lite - then be prepared to *pay* - even as a business-class passenger!)
neither of those can be categorised as beer.

As reported elsewhere I last week gave Vino Volo past security a try. Very decent indeed - and also open for the SK902 departure
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:20 pm

+1
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Agreed - slight malted taste in soda water...

Can anyone advise on A330 seating in biz??
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:01 am

What are you looking for? All of the seats are more or less the same. Just staggered... so in one row the seat is closer to the aisle, the other row to the window. I don't believe the 'much more space in certain rows' statement. I have tried almost all of them at least once and being of average height and weight (1,75m, 70kg) never felt any difference.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by fassy
What are you looking for? All of the seats are more or less the same. Just staggered... so in one row the seat is closer to the aisle, the other row to the window. I don't believe the 'much more space in certain rows' statement. I have tried almost all of them at least once and being of average height and weight (1,75m, 70kg) never felt any difference.
I guess I would prefer footspace - if the legs have to be forced into a narrow area, like UA (PMCO)/LH. (However, more legspace in their respective bulkhead C seats)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.