Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
A350-900: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-359

Front business class cabin includes rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Mini business class cabin includes rows 9 and 10.

Rows 1 and 9 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

The toilets are between rows 8 and 9.

Some prefer the mini cabin for its more intimate size.

Row 9 are just in front of the wing. Row 10 are on top of the wing.
Uneven rows have the window seat next to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat next to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

Service begins from row 1.

A330-300: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-333

One business cabin (between doors 1 and 2) rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Row 1 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

Uneven rows have the window seat close to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat close to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

The toilets and galley are located after row 8.

A321neoLR: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-32q

One business cabin rows 1-7 in alternating 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 seating.

Uneven rows are in 2 x 2 configuration, while even rows are in 1 x 1 configuration. The single seats have two armrests and offer more privacy and thus are desirable.

The toilets and galley are located in front of row 1.

Print Wikipost

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2023, 8:26 am

The laundry bag would be nice! Right, I have a couple of the normal sized ones from the last couple trips.

I just asked about the mattress pad and the flight attendant said they are available upon request, and gave me one. Doesn’t seem branded - just a fluffy mattress pad.

And they also said that the Dux pillow/blanket arrived on 1 Nov.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by SkOrdBgo
The laundry bag would be nice! Right, I have a couple of the normal sized ones from the last couple trips.

I just asked about the mattress pad and the flight attendant said they are available upon request, and gave me one. Doesn’t seem branded - just a fluffy mattress pad.

And they also said that the Dux pillow/blanket arrived on 1 Nov.

See....this just drives me crazy. Why should you have to ask for a mattress pad?
Old Nov 11, 2023, 4:55 pm

I think you have to ask because they’re embarrassed that it’s not Dux branded and appear to be the old stock with tag removed!

Also, it was warm enough I didn’t unwrap the Dux comforter.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 2:46 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes, so as suspected it was a Hifly wet lease, with as far as I know Hifly crews, and no actual SK crews on the flights. In the end, still SK's reputation that's at stake, but seems more difficult to manage. The actual SK seats does have USB outlets, the bones of the J seats are the same, the details probably differ.
I flew Hi-Fly westbound last month, and they had good, friendly and personal service. I was in row 7, they had all the meal choices and the buffet was set up as usual.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 8:50 am

What Should I Expect Flying SAS Atlanta to CPH Business Class?

We're planning a trip to Scandinavia later this summer just as SAS is starting non-stop service from Atlanta to Copenhagen. Their introductory fares are quite appealing compared to our hometown airline, Delta. How are the seats, service, etc?
Old Jan 27, 2024, 8:57 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoleATL
We're planning a trip to Scandinavia later this summer just as SAS is starting non-stop service from Atlanta to Copenhagen. Their introductory fares are quite appealing compared to our hometown airline, Delta. How are the seats, service, etc?
The Business class seat is one of the best you can find if you ask me. Service and food should be good too. I would not hesitate
Gnopps and NoleATL like this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:44 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
ATL-CPH the food will likely be catered by whoever DL use, with some airline-specific variation.

Service in Business Class can be good, but it will probably feel colder and less enthusiastic than what you are used to DL.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 10:58 am

SAS long haul business class is the best SAS can offer
Old Jan 27, 2024, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Some of our local contributors on the forum feels that both service and food is the worst in the industry. That being said...

The food generally gets decent to good reviews on the various blogs and vlogs. I generally think the main meal is quite good, not up to the level of my main airline JAL, but what really is. The second meal on the US routes I find lacking. There is a thread on food here in the forum.

Service is very Scandinavian, which can come across as a bit blunt (maybe even rude) to Americans. It is not meant that way. Though it can also be quite poor, bordering on rude. Though I don't think I have seen anything worse than what I have seen on UA or AA.

In J I think SK is a pretty solid option, and if the price is good compared to competition, I'd never hesitate to take them.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jan 27, 2024 at 10:02 pm
Old Jan 28, 2024, 12:58 am

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
I don't know if you're flying business, but if you are, I had great experiences with SAS recebntly on my both outbound and inbound.

The food in both directions was nice, the service was attentive and friendly, and I never felt like a bother when asking them for things. They even proactively offered refreshments mid-flight.

The back-of-the-plane experience can vary .
Old Jan 28, 2024, 1:59 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
In one word - fine. Both the Business product and service are good enough, but nothing stands out. I believe the seat is similar to DL's staggered product but without the doors. Keep in mind that you have to pay for advanced seat assignments if you don't have SK status. Food is good, entertainment is ok, and you get free WiFi. It'll be interesting to see what the ATL lounge situation will be like.

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
The Business class seat is one of the best you can find if you ask me. Service and food should be good too. I would not hesitate
IMHO, calling the SAS Business seat one of the best is a stretch. It's probably above average for TATL, but there are certainly better products out there (virtually all reverse herringbone, for one). But yes, if the price is right, I wouldn't hesitate, either.

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Service in Business Class can be good, but it will probably feel colder and less enthusiastic than what you are used to DL.
Agreed. Also, less (or zero) personalization.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:20 am

I quite like SAS C. Then again I don’t travel with them that often but think I’d be bored with the food if I flew weekly.

I like how the main service is done without trays, and it is rather formal, drawn out.

My only issue, which isn’t that uncommon, is that they only have two toilets for the C cabin.

My partner who’s not Norwegian often find the service quite brusque whilst I don’t. Particularly the last flight we had I found the steward quite funny but he thought he was just a bit rude so there’re some cultural differences which don’t travel.

Row 1 has significantly more leg space.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:08 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Seats are excellent, generally the hard product is great. On par with new Delta One suites.

Service is amongst the worst in the industry. Food can be a total hit or miss if it is to your liking but if you're not familiar or accustomed to Scandinavian Danish food, you'll probably be in for disappointment, portions are not sized to feed an adult. Also expect to sit with an empty plate in front of you for an extended period, especially compared to Delta. One upside is the availability of espresso coffee.

Compared to Delta you'll be in for a huge disappointment in terms of IFE and WIFI. Expect priority boarding not to work or being incredibly chaotic.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:21 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Compared to Delta you'll be in for a huge disappointment in terms of IFE and WIFI. Expect priority boarding not to work or being incredibly chaotic.
I don't quite agree with the Wifi verdict in general. While for the A330s, I agree that the Wifi barely works, on the A350 and A321LR, however, I have used the Wifi to connect to teams meetings, which worked quite decently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.