Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:49 pm

1h25m enough for CPH connection (ORD-CPH-AAR)?

I'm a US citizen traveling ORD (Chicago) to AAR (Aarhus), via CPH. SAS has a flight with a 1h25m layover in CPH (arriving 1:55pm on a Tuesday). From my reading it appears that this is enough time, though there seems to be some question given the increased passport control requirements since October. Can anyone who flies through CPH (especially if you have to go through passport control there) comment on whether this is a reasonably safe layover?

Last edited by forgetcolor; Jun 4, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by forgetcolor
I'm a US citizen traveling ORD (Chicago) to AAR (Aarhus), via CPH. SAS has a flight with a 1h25m layover in CPH (arriving 1:55pm on a Tuesday). From my reading it appears that this is enough time, though there seems to be some question given the increased passport control requirements since October. Can anyone who flies through CPH (especially if you have to go through passport control there) comment on whether this is a reasonably safe layover?
Hi and welcome to FlyerTalk - we're glad to have you here and hope that this will only be the first of many contributions on these pages.

In answer to your question: yes, that is a more than safe layover even in case of a 'reasonable' delay coming from ORD. I will have said this already countless times but it is worth repeating that CPH is amongst the top 2/3 'connection friendly' airports in Europe. True that queues at passports could get tedious at times but nothing to worry about.

Safe travels,

G
forgetcolor likes this.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jun 5, 2018 at 3:30 am Reason: spelling.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: LH SEN
CPH transit question

We are traveling from MUC to BOS via CPH in J. We have overnight stay in CPH. Couple of questions:
1. do we need to claim luggage in CPH and recheck then next morning?
2. Is there an arrivals lounge that we can use to shower in CPH when we arrive from MUC?

Thank you knowledge gurus.
AK
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by akaza1
We are traveling from MUC to BOS via CPH in J. We have overnight stay in CPH. Couple of questions:
1. do we need to claim luggage in CPH and recheck then next morning?
2. Is there an arrivals lounge that we can use to shower in CPH when we arrive from MUC?

Thank you knowledge gurus.
AK
Exactly how long a layover? If you are arriving. In the morning day 1 and leaving day 2 you will probably need to reclaim.
If you arrive in the evening day 1 should be no problem to check luggage through.

If you are Eurobonus Diamond or Pandion you can use the lounge as an arrival lounge, or if you are arriving on long haul J. Otherwise not based on the rules. There are in another recent thread reports that people got access in a situation similar to yours. But that would be an exception and not the rules.

All this, assuming we are talking one ticket.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Thank you CPH flyer. We arrive in the evening and depart for BOS the next day around noon.

I guess we can use the SAS lounge on the day we are departing to BOS. Does it have a shower facility?

Thanks again.
AK
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by akaza1
Thank you CPH flyer. We arrive in the evening and depart for BOS the next day around noon.

I guess we can use the SAS lounge on the day we are departing to BOS. Does it have a shower facility?

Thanks again.
AK
You can use the lounge the day of departure. There are showers in the lounge.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:38 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by forgetcolor
I agree. this is a safe layover, and if you should arrive late, you would be automatically rebooked to the next flight (there are flights about 15, and 2,5 hours later).

It must be stressed that SAS as an airline having a large operation in climatically challenged areas are quite good at handling irregularities.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:08 am

I will be flying TLL-CPH-ORD with an 8.5 hour layover in CPH - arriving at 7:05 AM and departing at 3:40 PM. Flying business on a United award ticket. My plan is to go into Copenhagen for a few hours and see some sights. I'll have a checked bag, will SAS hold onto it for that long layover, or will I have to claim it and recheck? Also, are there storage lockers in CPH (or at the main train station in the city) where I can securely store my carryon (that will have my laptop, etc)? What time should I aim to be back at the airport? I'd like to hit the lounge, flying premium is an extremely rare treat for me so I'd like to visit it for a bit.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, your bag will be checked all the way to ORD. There are storage lockers at Copenhagen Central Station, approx USD 10 for 24 hours.

If you take the metro it will take you about 15 min to reach downtown Copenhagen. If you take the train you could be at Copenhagen Central St. in 12 min. Ticket is USD 5.50.

I would head back to the airport around 2PM (sooner if it rains!) - then you would still have some time (15min-½ hour) to enjoy the lounge before proceeding through passport control and to your gate (should take 10 min maximum from when you leave the lounge). CPH is really easy to navigate and walking is not far (from the lounge to the C gates).
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yes, your bag will be checked all the way to ORD. There are storage lockers at Copenhagen Central Station, approx USD 10 for 24 hours.

If you take the metro it will take you about 15 min to reach downtown Copenhagen. If you take the train you could be at Copenhagen Central St. in 12 min. Ticket is USD 5.50.

I would head back to the airport around 2PM (sooner if it rains!) - then you would still have some time (15min-½ hour) to enjoy the lounge before proceeding through passport control and to your gate (should take 10 min maximum from when you leave the lounge). CPH is really easy to navigate and walking is not far (from the lounge to the C gates).
Thanks!

The "sooner if it rains" comment - I'm not worried about a little rain - perhaps if it's in the forecast I'll throw some dry clothes in my carryon. Did you say that just because I wouldn't want to be caught in the rain, or is the train or airport known to turn into a cluster if it the weather's bad?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by t325
Thanks!

The "sooner if it rains" comment - I'm not worried about a little rain - perhaps if it's in the forecast I'll throw some dry clothes in my carryon. Did you say that just because I wouldn't want to be caught in the rain, or is the train or airport known to turn into a cluster if it the weather's bad?
The airport is a major hub not just for flights but for buses, trains, and the metro and feeds into not just Copenhagen but also Sweden. So, yeah, mostly it's about the train actually. You and SAS should be fine. SAS isn't bothered by a bit of rain. Or snow. But DSB seems to freak out if it's too sunny.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:12 pm

Arrow Transit of 45 minutes

I am considering taking a flight from bru to arn via cph. Transit is 45 minutes.
my concern:
will I make it in such a short time?
will my luggage make it because The flight is the last flight arriving at arn. The next morning I would take a flight from arn to cdg at 6 am. So no possibility to travel withiut luggage because our flight departing from arn to cdg takes us to sin via auh with etihad. I assume that if our luggage miss the flight frombru to arn, sas will not transfer them to singapore or do they?????
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by BRUNOREM
I am considering taking a flight from bru to arn via cph. Transit is 45 minutes.
my concern:
will I make it in such a short time?

Easy (assuming no major delays, needless to say). As for the bag, most of my connections through CPH over the years were in the region of 40/50 minutes (often even shorter, mostly due to wintry weather) and I've never had any issues (so far at least, touch wood). Things, however, could go wrong and you clearly need to plan accordingly, especially if one looks at your travel arrangements with a number of flights 'squeezed' in such short period of time (and I'm assuming you will be travelling to SIN on separate tickets). That said, I am sure somebody will be able to advise on whether SK would be in a position to deliver your bag to Singapore should anything go wrong on your way to ARN. Again, though, 45 minutes at CPH would be a walk in the park (in normal circumstances).

G
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Skymiles
Question Connecting CPH-SIN [AF1851/AF0256] from KEF-CPH [FI206]

Hi All,
Appreciate if you could assist a newbie on 1.5hr CPH connection on 30Sep [Sun].
My journey is on 2 separate tickets KLM for SIN-CPH-SIN (via CDG AF) and FI for CPH-KEF-CPH; the trip to iceland is between 2 weeks in Copenhagen.

On the final day to return to Singapore, 30th Sep - I plan to arrange it as the below
FI 206 KEF 08:30 CPH 13:25

AF1851 CPH 15:05 CDG 17:05
AF0256 CDG 20:50 SIN 15:45

(1) concerns are if it is possible to route the check-in baggage direct to SIN from KEF itself (knowing FI & KLM/AF has no relations)?
(2) if (1) is not possible, would 1.5 hrs be sufficient to exit CPH, pick up luggage, re-check-in AF, go through immigration for AF flight back to Singapore. If not, is 2hrs connecting a safer bet (FI204)?

I am a PR in singapore and no visa issues on EU or schengen region either.
Much appreciated as I could not find any answers for this non-partner airlines / separate issued ticket.

thanks
haven
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I doubt very much FI will check your luggage through to KLM. Though it would be a question for the 'Other European Airlines' where Iceland Air is discussed

Without through check it is theoretically possible to make it, but it would be with such a slim margin that I would not recommend doing it. Even a small delay would make you miss your connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.