Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto

Sort of the same bump but someone correct me if I’m wrong in assuming I’m in basically the same situation, but I’m not familiar enough with CPH to know if EasyJet arrives in another unconnected terminal area to the long haul/*A flights.
I am flying EasyJet TXL-CPH on one ticket and then SK CPH-SFO on another. It’s a short 4 day trip to Berlin so I may just do only a carry on. If I get my BP on the app or print it can I stay airside? I’ll have about 3h connection so if I do end up checking a bag I wouldn’t see why that’s not enough time to go landslide, claim my bag and re-check it at the SK counter?
agree with the above. If yoy check bags you also have enough time to claim bags and re-check them
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The whole of Copenhagen Airport is connected airside. Last I checked, Easyjet used A gates. Long haul use the C gates.
Easyjet uses discount-pier F. But still connected airside.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Easyjet uses discount-pier F. But still connected airside.
They finally moved there? They were for a long while not interested.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JVPhoto

Sort of the same bump but someone correct me if I’m wrong in assuming I’m in basically the same situation, but I’m not familiar enough with CPH to know if EasyJet arrives in another unconnected terminal area to the long haul/*A flights.
I am flying EasyJet TXL-CPH on one ticket and then SK CPH-SFO on another. It’s a short 4 day trip to Berlin so I may just do only a carry on. If I get my BP on the app or print it can I stay airside? I’ll have about 3h connection so if I do end up checking a bag I wouldn’t see why that’s not enough time to go landslide, claim my bag and re-check it at the SK counter?

Yes as everyone said it's very easy, you can stay airside. All of the gates are connected. only separated by the Schengen and non zones. In the end I had loads of time and got a bit bored I ended up going through passport control just for a change of scenery.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They finally moved there? They were for a long while not interested.
Easyjet was (the only) launch customer for the Go-terminal (F), when it opened in 2010 and has, AFAIK, been there ever since. Maybe you are thinking of another airline.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:12 am

Got a 45 min connection in CPH.. ARN-CPH-BOS arriving with SK1421 and leaving on SK0927... SAS sold me the ticket so I think it should be fine but 45 min transfer sounds alitttle tight...
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Tillmark
Got a 45 min connection in CPH.. ARN-CPH-BOS arriving with SK1421 and leaving on SK0927... SAS sold me the ticket so I think it should be fine but 45 min transfer sounds alitttle tight...
CPH is, together with MUC, amongst the best airports in Europe when it comes to connections, mostly due to its relatively simple layout. That said, assuming your ARN-CPH flight docks on-time or even with a slight delay, you will have no issues whatsoever, even though queues at passports could get a bit tricky at times.

G
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tillmark
That's quite normal in CPH. All you need to do it proceed from your arrival gate in the Schengen area through passport control to the non Schengen area. You will not have any lounge time. But the connection is fine.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:47 am

Yes, 45min is enough but since ARN-CPH operates dozens of times a day while CPH-BOS just once... I would rather take a easier flight from ARN. Missing the BOS flight will be probably more inconvenient than leaving a stockholm an hour earlier.

the problem is, the SAS webpage usually doesn’t show all options for longer layovers. You will need to call in or book through a third party.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Upcoming connection in CPH (SFO-CPH-FRA all in SAS business class) has me hanging out for 5 hours. Any best practices / suggestions for a layover of this length?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 13, 2018, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HSaxa
Upcoming connection in CPH (SFO-CPH-FRA all in SAS business class) has me hanging out for 5 hours. Any best practices / suggestions for a layover of this length?

Thanks in advance!
It is a bit short to go anywhere outside the airport. If you are very hungry, I would recommend trying the restaurant called MASH. But if you are not really hungry, I would just hang out at the lounge. Maybe do a round through shops and cafés.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
With 5 hours transit time at CPH, I have found it’s possible to manage to get into and wander around central Copenhagen for 2-3 hours.
ksu likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:06 am

Please let tell me your opinion if this is comfortably doable:

All tickets on SAS, business class...USA passport

11:30p EWR ---> 01:10p CPH, SAS 902

Layover in Copenhagen, Denmark 50m

CPH 03:35p ---> MUC, SAS 2657

If it matters, arriving/departing CPH on a Sunday. Thanks!
Old May 17, 2018, 7:46 am

You should be perfectly fine unless the EWR service has a significant delay (touch wood not). That said, queues at passports could be painful at times but no security after that so straight to your next gate. Also, it is not uncommon practice for SAS to wait for connecting passengers (within a reasonable time-frame, it goes without saying) so I’d not worry even if your incoming flight is slightly late.

G
ToddSpam likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by HSaxa

Thanks in advance!
You will have time for a beer and a lunch around the channels in cozy Christianshavn (in decent weather). Metro station with same name, 12 minutes direct ride from airport. Fast track back in will take max five minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.