Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by ToddSpam
Please let tell me your opinion if this is comfortably doable:

All tickets on SAS, business class...USA passport

11:30p EWR ---> 01:10p CPH, SAS 902

Layover in Copenhagen, Denmark 50m

CPH 03:35p ---> MUC, SAS 2657
Yes!
ToddSpam likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador

If it matters, arriving/departing CPH on a Sunday. Thanks!
I'd take an earlier connect if there is one. Taking 2,5 hours for a layover in CPH is madness, I'll comfortably take a 40minute layover.
Old May 18, 2018, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I'd take an earlier connect if there is one. Taking 2,5 hours for a layover in CPH is madness, I'll comfortably take a 40minute layover.
+1 (even though the OP says 50 minutes' layover, reason why I got confused and said that chances are that SAS will wait in case of a 'reasonable' delay!).

G
Old May 25, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
You will have time for a beer and a lunch around the channels in cozy Christianshavn (in decent weather). Metro station with same name, 12 minutes direct ride from airport. Fast track back in will take max five minutes.
is there anywhere at the airport where I can leave my luggage while I go into town? Or maybe this is an incentive to check my luggage.

Also do the lounges in the airport have showers? Thy
Old May 25, 2018, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by HSaxa

is there anywhere at the airport where I can leave my luggage while I go into town? Or maybe this is an incentive to check my luggage.

Also do the lounges in the airport have showers? Thy
There are lockers in the parking facilities across from Terminal 2. The SK lounges have showers, and the Eventyr Lounge in the non Schengen area does. The rest of the lounges do not.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
You will have time for a beer and a lunch around the channels in cozy Christianshavn (in decent weather). Metro station with same name, 12 minutes direct ride from airport. Fast track back in will take max five minutes.
thanks, I'm going to try this. I'm assuming getting tickets to metro is easy. Any recommended drinking/eating establishments?
Old May 28, 2018, 10:46 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G

If it matters, arriving/departing CPH on a Sunday. Thanks!
Two hours and twentyfive minutes is a very generous connection at CPH. And should you be delayes, SAS will rebook on first available LH or SK flight to MUC - directly or via FRA:
Old May 29, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Do I have time to go to Cafe Victor?

Hi all - I'm traveling AMS-CPH-SFO, with one checked bag. I arrive CPH at 8:25 AM, and depart CPH at 12:25 PM on Friday...four hour layover.

Is it realistic for me to take a taxi to Copenhagen for a meal at Cafe Victor, and still get back to my flight to SFO? FWIW, I am on a business class ticket with Fast Track / TSA Pre.

Thanks!

Last edited by SFOrunner; May 29, 2018 at 11:01 pm Reason: Added day of the week.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by LRMErnst

Hi all - I'm traveling AMS-CPH-SFO, with one checked bag. I arrive CPH at 8:25 AM, and depart CPH at 12:25 PM on Friday...four hour layover.

Is it realistic for me to take a taxi to Copenhagen for a meal at Cafe Victor, and still get back to my flight to SFO? FWIW, I am on a business class ticket with Fast Track / TSA Pre.

Thanks!
Should be easily doable for an early meal, if your incoming flight is on time, but the metro would likely be a faster option.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Thanks!
I would not take a taxi, morning traffic is likely to make the Metro faster.

Assuming you land on time, you will be at the metro close to 9, at Victor around 9:20. The question will really be how passport lines behave when you get back to the airport. But you should be able to leave Victor around 10:30 to 10:45 and be at gate around 11:15 to 11:30. Not a long meal.

TSA Pre Check will not help you in Copenhagen, only when departing the US.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:31 am

Yes!
Of course depends on preferences and traveling style. Some arrive at the airport four hours before departure.
But for a proff as you, it’s doable. So if you really want to visit Victor…
I wouldn’t take a taxi but the metro. (station: Kongens/Kgs Nytorv). 300 meters by foot.
Time table:
8.30 door open
8.40 arrive on airport metro station
8.55 arrive at Kongens Nytorv
9.00 arrive at Café Victor
10.30 leave your table
11.00 arrive at airport
11.10 short stop at the lounge

I didn’t put in time to buy ticket. Taxi will be slower in the morning due to rush hour, could be an option on the return.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that question was already answered. But we agree.
SFOrunner likes this.

Last edited by Tango Alpha; May 30, 2018 at 5:35 am Reason: Extra commnet
Old May 30, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would not take a taxi, morning traffic is likely to make the Metro faster.

Assuming you land on time, you will be at the metro close to 9, at Victor around 9:20. The question will really be how passport lines behave when you get back to the airport. But you should be able to leave Victor around 10:30 to 10:45 and be at gate around 11:15 to 11:30. Not a long meal.

TSA Pre Check will not help you in Copenhagen, only when departing the US.
Noted. I'll be traveling by myself, so a 35-45 minute meal should be perfect.

Originally Posted by studentCPH
Should be easily doable for an early meal, if your incoming flight is on time, but the metro would likely be a faster option.
Thanks!

Yes!
Of course depends on preferences and traveling style. Some arrive at the airport four hours before departure.
But for a proff as you, it’s doable. So if you really want to visit Victor…
I wouldn’t take a taxi but the metro. (station: Kongens/Kgs Nytorv). 300 meters by foot.
Time table:
8.30 door open
8.40 arrive on airport metro station
8.55 arrive at Kongens Nytorv
9.00 arrive at Café Victor
10.30 leave your table
11.00 arrive at airport
11.10 short stop at the lounge

I didn’t put in time to buy ticket. Taxi will be slower in the morning due to rush hour, could be an option on the return.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that question was already answered. But we agree.
This sounds like a plan! I've been traveling around Amsterdam via train / tram, and am comfortable with the public transportation in Chicago and San Francisco. Provided that information, is it safe to say I'll be able to navigate the CPH / Copenhagen metro?

Last question - is Cafe Victor a good idea? My Danish flight attendant suggested that I stop there on my layover. Otherwise I don't know any better.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:47 pm

Provided that information, is it safe to say I'll be able to navigate the CPH / Copenhagen metro?
Yes. Easy. And at present just 1½ line. Good signs. Driverless. Tunnels are with light, so first time it is nice to take the front row!

Last question - is Cafe Victor a good idea? My Danish flight attendant suggested that I stop there on my layover. Otherwise I don't know any better.
As in most cities, lot of good choices. Victor is fine; has been a hotspot day and night for a decade. Not without reason. Fancy decor, good service and atmosphere. Good selection of food and beverages. The smart urbans come here. And the rich. But also business people.

More local and ' authentique' than Nyhavn. And also less touristique than many parts of Christianshavn.
SFOrunner likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. Easy. And at present just 1½ line. Good signs. Driverless. Tunnels are with light, so first time it is nice to take the front row!

As in most cities, lot of good choices. Victor is fine; has been a hotspot day and night for a decade. Not without reason. Fancy decor, good service and atmosphere. Good selection of food and beverages. The smart urbans come here. And the rich. But also business people.

More local and ' authentique' than Nyhavn. And also less touristique than many parts of Christianshavn.
For time of day, Victor is probably the best I can think of. Then again I am not truly local any longer. Luna used to be a favourite of mine in Christians Havn, but with the new location in Vesterbro it is not very practical for arriving with the Metro.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:47 am

Noted. I'll be traveling by myself, so a 35-45 minute meal should be perfect.

Thanks!

This sounds like a plan! I've been traveling around Amsterdam via train / tram, and am comfortable with the public transportation in Chicago and San Francisco. Provided that information, is it safe to say I'll be able to navigate the CPH / Copenhagen metro?

As luck would have it, I was delayed over an hour coming out of AMS this morning - due to fog. I had about 2.75 hours to kill and I chickened out and decided not to go into the city. Next time!
Tango Alpha likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.