Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: Skymiles
thanks CPH - Flyer. Yes makes sense to go earlier and get additional 30mins transit time. That would give me just about enough time for baggage check-in if arrival isn't too bate.

Last edited by haven11; Jul 3, 2018 at 3:11 am
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:15 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
FI has not the best on-time statistic. Even two hours would be too short for my liking when on separate tickets. I think the usual MCT for my travel insurance (in Norway) while travelling on separate tickets is three hours. With luggage I would certainly stick with three hours minimum.
AStarr likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by ksu
FI has not the best on-time statistic. Even two hours would be too short for my liking when on separate tickets. I think the usual MCT for my travel insurance (in Norway) while travelling on separate tickets is three hours. With luggage I would certainly stick with three hours minimum.
thanks KSU - I went ahead with WOW902 for the 3hour connecting. Wee early but can’t afford to miss the long leg home. cheers
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:38 am

Not a nervous flyer, but a nervous connector and I want to venture outside the airport...

Flights HKG-CPH-KEF and KEF-CPH-HKG.

All flights are on SK except CPH-KEF, which is on FI (codeshare). All are on the same ticket itinerary. Inbound arrives at 06:20 and the CPH-KEF flights departs at 12.55, during which I’m looking to a set 2-hour tour (09:00-11:00) of Copenhagen (can store carry-on with tour company). I think this should be ample time for the tour.

I will go through Immigration, not just passport control although entering Schengen area from non-Schengen area. Then hop on the Metro (assuming can get ticket without chip/pin CC) to Kongens Nytorv station, enjoy a couple of hours in the city, and head straight back to the airport, passing through the self-service passport control (EU passport).

(Return journey I will be staying in the airport, wandering around and trying out the SAS Lounge.)

All the flights seem to be to/from Terminal 3. I understand that it’s just a walk-through if I want to visit T2.

Don’t know which areas are Schengen-only and I don’t want to find myself blocked off from getting some food for the CPH-KEF flight because of some barrier.

Is there anything else I should be aware of/forgetting/should know?

Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
There are no passport control for CPH to KEF flights.

You can get metro tickets outside of T3 arrival. Regular credit card works.
AStarr likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
I will go through Immigration, not just passport control although entering Schengen area from non-Schengen area. ...passing through the self-service passport control (EU passport).

---

All the flights seem to be to/from Terminal 3. I understand that it’s just a walk-through if I want to visit T2.

Don’t know which areas are Schengen-only and I don’t want to find myself blocked off from getting some food for the CPH-KEF flight because of some barrier.
No difference between passport control and immigration.

Almost all of the airport is Schengen. Non-Schengen is basically just a pier with very little service.

Airside, there is no Terminal 2 or 3.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
There are no passport control for CPH to KEF flights.

You can get metro tickets outside of T3 arrival. Regular credit card works.
Oh! Didn't realise that. First time going through Schengen area. So I can get off the metro and walk straight through to the Terminal? Just security?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Oh! Didn't realise that. First time going through Schengen area. So I can get off the metro and walk straight through to the Terminal? Just security?
Correct.

You will go through passport control from HKG and returning to HKG. Note to SAS lounge is before passport control, but I have never spent more than 5 minutes going through passport control, even during peak times.
DragonSoul likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Correct.

You will go through passport control from HKG and returning to HKG. Note to SAS lounge is before passport control, but I have never spent more than 5 minutes going through passport control, even during peak times.
Really? Read this on the CPH airport website: "SAS Lounge: Terminal 3 - Immediately left after the SAS Fast Track"
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Really? Read this on the CPH airport website: "SAS Lounge: Terminal 3 - Immediately left after the SAS Fast Track"
I assume you are not aware that SAS Fast Track is a security fast track.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
I assume you are not aware that SAS Fast Track is a security fast track.
Yes I am aware. I was referring to location of the SAS Lounge, which I thought airside. My problem is I don't understand CPH!
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Yes I am aware. I was referring to location of the SAS Lounge, which I thought airside. My problem is I don't understand CPH!
When you pass security you are airside. For intra-Schengen flights there is no passport control. Passport control is only needed if you leave the Schengen-area like you do when you head to HKG.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The lounge is airside, after security. Notice how I had stated the SAS lounge is before passport control

Passport control is also airside. Most Schengen airports are setup as such.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold / A3*G / NZ*S / EI Silver / Priority Club / Hilton HHonors
Connecting to SQ at CPH

Hi,

I've got an SK - SQ connection (ARN - CPH - SIN) in CPH of 85 mins, which from reading all the prior replies seems more than enough, however I'm travelling in J, and as the SK lounge seems to be prior to Immigration, just wondering how bad the Immigration queue can be at this time of day (late morning) as this will dictate whether I visit the lounge or go straight to the gate. Or better yet, has anyone done the very same connection themselves?

Thanks for the help!
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:53 pm

Take a seat in the lounge and look out of the window... it faces the passport control.

i can be crazy crowed to empty. Depending on day and time and also if the danish authorities have enough staff at the passport check or rely on the automatic gates
AStarr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.