Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by esdot
Seeking your collective wisdom on what probably seems to be a ridiculous routing.... I had Aeroplan award tickets to kick off my honeymoon. They went through Brussels, and I want to avoid any stress, since I need to get to Rome on time. Thoughts on whether the 50 min connection at CPH (and 70 min connection at ZRH) on this route are doable?

SK940 14:15 - 10:00
LAX to ARN (Terminal 5)
Stop over at: Stockholm 2:45

SK405 12:45 - 13:55
ARN (Terminal 5) to CPH (Terminal 3)
Stop over at: Copenhagen 0:50

LX1271 14:45 - 16:35
CPH (Terminal 2) to ZRH
Stop over at: Zurich 1:10

LX1732 17:45 - 19:15
ZRH to FCO Rome, Fiumicino (Terminal 3)

Also, does anyone know as a a U.S. Passport flyer (i) whether my bags will be checked all the way to Rome and (ii) which airports I will have to do immigration or customs? Much appreciated....
50 minutes and 70 minutes is very doable for CPH and ZHR.

You will enter the Schengen area in Stockholm and go through passport control there. Customs will be at your final destination in Europe, so in Rome. You will not need to collect your bag along the way, they will be checked through.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:48 am

Thank you. Looking forward to the trip!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:52 am

CPH-Flyer beat me to it.
No worries at all.
And if it goes south in ARN, CPH and ZRH there are plenty of *A options to get you to Rome.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is in the SK forum a post (a year or more back) that shows an internal instruction that staff should protect an SK to SK connection even if on separate tickets. I can't remember though if it made reference to domestic only.
Thanks for that hint. I'm sorry but I couldn't find that post with either an internal or a google search within flyertalk. Does anyone know if SK will still protect SK to SK connections on different tickets? I have an Air Canada ticket, the last leg of which is an SK flight LHR-CPH. I still need to get home from CPH on a different ticket. For this, I have the choice of SK and 3 other airlines. If SK will protect the connection from my incoming SK flight LHR-CPH to my outgoing SK flight on a different ticket, that's a strong incentive to book my other ticket with SK. If not, it won't be worth paying the higher price for SK compared to its competitors.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: More than one
I think the legs has to be on the same itinerary for SK to be able to know your are on the way. But there are not problem in having different ticket on the same itinerary, it's actually standard procedure when flying with multiple airlines.
If the legs are on different Itinerary's you should try getting them on the same boarding card when checking in, otherwise SK won't know you are on a delayed flight

Whether SK will protect the connection largely depend on the circumstances, e.g. how delayed are you, will the delay mean other passengers will miss their connection etc.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I think the legs has to be on the same itinerary for SK to be able to know your are on the way. But there are not problem in having different ticket on the same itinerary, it's actually standard procedure when flying with multiple airlines.
If the legs are on different Itinerary's you should try getting them on the same boarding card when checking in, otherwise SK won't know you are on a delayed flight

Whether SK will protect the connection largely depend on the circumstances, e.g. how delayed are you, will the delay mean other passengers will miss their connection etc.
Protect the connection => they will rebook you for free in case your inbound is too late to make it.
One ticket => on the same e-ticket number, not necessarily same booking number. Different carriers on the same tickets may have a different booking ref

How do you define the difference between itinerary and ticket?? It is actually not standard flying multiple airlines to have multiple tickets.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Protect the connection => they will rebook you for free in case your inbound is too late to make it.
One ticket => on the same e-ticket number, not necessarily same booking number. Different carriers on the same tickets may have a different booking ref

How do you define the difference between itinerary and ticket?? It is actually not standard flying multiple airlines to have multiple tickets.
I define a ticket based on the ticket number. An Itinerary is not a ticket. It's a travel plan.
Due to the wonderful way my company's booking system is build, I don't always get all flights for a business trip on the same itinerary. Pretty annoying special when it happens to connecting flights.

Whether you have multiple airlines on the same ticket or not, depend on how it's booked.
If you e.g. book CPH-ORD over EWR, the UA connection will be paid by SK, and you will therefore only have one ticket number and one itinerary, despite flying multiple airlines.
If you book the legs CPH-EWR and EWR-ORD separately but on the same itinerary you will have 2 tickets but 1 itinerary.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Thank you everyone! Good point...when on separate tickets (i.e. separate ticket number) they need to know about it by me asking to check through luggage or to add a note in both PNRs with the respective other booking reference ^
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:34 am

Next week, I have a 2:45 connection in CPH. It's quite a number of years since I used the airport-city train, so I'm not sure how time consuming it is. But would I be really insane to try to squeeze a trip into the city, including a couple of rides on a Tivoli roller-coaster? The arrival is at 20:00, and the departure at 22:45.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by RedChili
Next week, I have a 2:45 connection in CPH. It's quite a number of years since I used the airport-city train, so I'm not sure how time consuming it is. But would I be really insane to try to squeeze a trip into the city, including a couple of rides on a Tivoli roller-coaster? The arrival is at 20:00, and the departure at 22:45.
I wouldn't do that - it will take you 15 minutes to get to a train from the gate, the train journey takes 20 minutes and you'll be at KBH H (assuming that you already have a train ticket and you don't have to wait for a train). The trains suppose to run every 20 minutes or so, so you have to time well.

If you do that you'll have like 30-45 minutes in Tivoli - not sure it's worth it.

Also you have to go through security at CPH and I don't know what's like as it's summer holidays so there will be a lot of people travelling at all times.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:44 am

2:45 is not enough time to enjoy the city. If you want to try, I would use the Metro to Kongens Nytorv and not the train to the Central Station as the Metro runs very frequently (every 6 mniutes).

But assuming you arrive at 20:00, you'll be a the Metro at 20:15 - 20:30, in the city at 20:35 - 21:00 and would need to go back at 21:30ish.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Also you have to go through security at CPH and I don't know what's like as it's summer holidays so there will be a lot of people travelling at all times.
Thanks for the advice, nacho!

I don't know about CPH, but at ARN, which I know quite well, there are no security lines at all for late departures. In my experience, there are never any lines after, say, 19:00.

Originally Posted by fassy
2:45 is not enough time to enjoy the city. If you want to try, I would use the Metro to Kongens Nytorv and not the train to the Central Station as the Metro runs very frequently (every 6 mniutes).

But assuming you arrive at 20:00, you'll be a the Metro at 20:15 - 20:30, in the city at 20:35 - 21:00 and would need to go back at 21:30ish.
Thanks, fassy! I'll think about that.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Personally I don't like Tivoli, went there once free of charge, left after 30 minutes. I thought gronna Lund is great enough so that there is no need to see Tivoli.

I'd spend my time going to Kongens Nytorv as I think it's the most beautiful place in the city and the royal palace is nearby and Stroget too.

You can buy a mobile ticket here, it will save you time at the machine.

I was at ARN T4 2 days ago at around 19:00 and security was pretty empty.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:11 am

So, I was at CPH on Monday night. My inbound flight was 15 min delayed, and I was pretty tired after a long day, so I just relinquished the whole idea of leaving the airport at all.

And then, one hour before departure of my connecting flight, I received an SMS from SAS saying that my flight was delayed. In the end, I had 3:15 between my arrival and my departure. If only I had known about it earlier ...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by RedChili
And then, one hour before departure of my connecting flight, I received an SMS from SAS saying that my flight was delayed. In the end, I had 3:15 between my arrival and my departure. If only I had known about it earlier ...
United shows you the inbound aircraft in their app which you can then just track, this is a great way of learning about delays before you're told.

Expecting anything intelligent system wise from SAS is obviously of the table but its not like the solution isn't already out there (for many of SAS's shortcomings, if not all.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.