Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lento
Anyone ?
Yes, SK will rebook you to *A partners if needed.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I'm looking at booking EWR-CPH-BRU towards the end of summer. I would be flying EWR-CPH in J on SK, but CPH-BRU would be on SK in Y AND on a different ticket (the EWR-CPH leg would be the 2nd leg of a Europe-initiated itinerary for me, even though I live in the U.S.). Is a 1-hour connection enough time for me, even if I have checked luggage? If my bags won't make it, would I be okay if I didn't have any checked bags?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I'm looking at booking EWR-CPH-BRU towards the end of summer. I would be flying EWR-CPH in J on SK, but CPH-BRU would be on SK in Y AND on a different ticket (the EWR-CPH leg would be the 2nd leg of a Europe-initiated itinerary for me, even though I live in the U.S.). Is a 1-hour connection enough time for me, even if I have checked luggage? If my bags won't make it, would I be okay if I didn't have any checked bags?
Even though it is separate tickets SK should be able to check your luggage through to your final destination, and being within the EU you clear customs in BRU, and your luggage is automatically forwarded. It should not matter whether you check luggage or not.
There is in the SK forum a post (a year or more back) that shows an internal instruction that staff should protect an SK to SK connection even if on separate tickets. I can't remember though if it made reference to domestic only.
1 hour is above MCT from non Schengen to Schengen on SK so in general, it should be OK.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Even though it is separate tickets SK should be able to check your luggage through to your final destination, and being within the EU you clear customs in BRU, and your luggage is automatically forwarded. It should not matter whether you check luggage or not.
There is in the SK forum a post (a year or more back) that shows an internal instruction that staff should protect an SK to SK connection even if on separate tickets. I can't remember though if it made reference to domestic only.
1 hour is above MCT from non Schengen to Schengen on SK so in general, it should be OK.
Any idea if it is likely to be in same terminal? (have never flown through CPH so unfamiliar with airport layout)
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any idea if it is likely to be in same terminal? (have never flown through CPH so unfamiliar with airport layout)
From a check in perspective there are two terminals, but airside it is all connected. There can be a bit of a walk. The long haul flights will arrive at the C gates, European SK departures are mainly in D and B, though some are in A.
US arrivals should be considered safe, and should not have a transit security check. But that can differ. You will have to go through passport control.
You can find a terminal map at www.cph.dk
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:12 am

As stated above airside is all one terminal, with relative easy walks. From gate to immigration it is 5min. You will clear passport control in max 10min. From there it is max 15min walk to your departing gate. You should be fine.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Originally Posted by gogate99
I am looking at Flight SK926- IAD-CPH. Washington DC to Copenhagen. Lands at 7:15am, Then connecting to SK1786 CPH-TLL. Copenhagen to Tallin, Estonia.

Schedule is showing only a 45 min connect time. We will be traveling biz class but worried that may not be enough time.
I'm booked on the same itinerary in June, and SK just changed the CPH-TLL departure from 8:00am to 7:55am, thus making it an invalid routing, because that drops the connection time from 45 minutes to 40 minutes, and the minimum when coming from intercontinental is 45 minutes. The next CPH-TLL flight on that day would involve a 9-hour layover in CPH.

Did SK do this on purpose to make that connection no longer valid, or was it just incompetence? I may end up just canceling the entire ticket and booking on KLM since it has better connection times, though I prefer to fly SK.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
What about just getting another one-way from the most convenient alternative? I'm pretty sure you can get to TLL from CPH in less than 9 hours on various options.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 7:10 am

There are no other operators on the direct CPH-TLL routing. SK offers a CPH-OSL-TLL routing, but I'm trying to avoid the extra flight as we'll be traveling with small children.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
In that case I'd see if you can book the short connection on the phone at which point they'll rebook you to the next one if you miss it. In general 40 minutes is plenty at CPH.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:04 pm

SK's website states the minimum connection time is 45 minutes at CPH when going from Intercontinental to Schengen: http://www.flysas.com/en/us/travel-i...ransfer-times/

Can I really convince them to circumvent their own policies on this? If I did, and our incoming flight is late so we miss the connection, would they still be obligated to rebook?

What I really don't get is why they changed SK1786 from 8:00 to 7:55am departure. In March, it runs at 8.00. Why move it to 5 minutes earlier, when that breaks connections from another flight? What do they gain from that?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:59 am

SK call center staff is clueless, tell them what flights you want and you'll probably get it done.

While I've never tried this specifically, I've had plenty of creative bookings that where not available on the website and theoretically against policy that where booked that way. Seeing how you have nothing to lose its worth a shot?

There is utterly little obvious explanation to SK decisions.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by jfidler
SK's website states the minimum connection time is 45 minutes at CPH when going from Intercontinental to Schengen: http://www.flysas.com/en/us/travel-i...ransfer-times/
According to ExpertFlyer, the standard SK-SK I/D minimum connection time (and for the purpose of connection times, intercontinental is "international" and Schengen is "domestic") is 45 minutes.
The minimum connection time is 40 minutes when the I/D connection involves connecting from a narrowbody.
Code:
Minimum Connect Times:
Connecting at CPH
Incoming airline SK
Outgoing airline SK
Flight type International to Domestic

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE    .30   .45   .45   .45
OFFLINE   .30   .45   .45   .45
** OR * ARE ALL
SK-SK ID   .45 FLT 3500 - 3549 - ALL  EQP ALL - N   
  TRM 3  - 3  
SK-SK ID   .40 EQP N   - ALL TRM 3  - 3
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:08 am

Ok I got this resolved. Posting here for others who may be in the same situation. The issue was the IAD-CPH-TLL was a 40-minute transfer, which was under the minimum 45-min connection time, but the CPH-TLL flight was originally 5-minutes later which is why I was able to book it. Expedia (who I booked it through) basically acted liked their hands were tied and offered the next CPH-TLL flight which was 9 hours later.

I called SK directly, and they said they'll allow the 40-minute connection but will note in the record that passenger is responsible if connection is missed. The IAD-CPH flight usually arrives a bit early in my experience, so it's a risk I'm willing to take.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:15 pm

Feasibility of this routing?

Seeking your collective wisdom on what probably seems to be a ridiculous routing.... I had Aeroplan award tickets to kick off my honeymoon. They went through Brussels, and I want to avoid any stress, since I need to get to Rome on time. Thoughts on whether the 50 min connection at CPH (and 70 min connection at ZRH) on this route are doable?

SK940 14:15 - 10:00
LAX to ARN (Terminal 5)
Stop over at: Stockholm 2:45

SK405 12:45 - 13:55
ARN (Terminal 5) to CPH (Terminal 3)
Stop over at: Copenhagen 0:50

LX1271 14:45 - 16:35
CPH (Terminal 2) to ZRH
Stop over at: Zurich 1:10

LX1732 17:45 - 19:15
ZRH to FCO Rome, Fiumicino (Terminal 3)

Also, does anyone know as a a U.S. Passport flyer (i) whether my bags will be checked all the way to Rome and (ii) which airports I will have to do immigration or customs? Much appreciated....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.