Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The trick will really by how early does SQ write on the boarding pass that boarding will start, and how early does it actually start. I am not so familiar with SQ's boarding flows.
​​​​​​
Though I can't imagine the connection (bar of delays) will not leave time for a cup of coffee or something in the lounge.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold / A3*G / NZ*S / EI Silver / Priority Club / Hilton HHonors
Thumbs up

Many Thanks for that. Good to know.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:48 am

Copenhagen - time needed to transfer

Hello,
My SAS flight from FCO to CPH next June has been rescheduled, cutting my connection time (also on SAS - single ticket) CPH to ORD to 90" (both landing and departing terminal 3). I am in no way disabled but at age 72 no longer a fast walker and am flying economy so can't qualify for front of the plane seats. Is this enough time to transfer to a US flight? Is it likely I will have to bus from the tarmac to the terminal when my first flight lands at CPH? Will I have to pass through security as well or just passport control between flights? Thank you for your kind assistance and any guidance.

Last edited by montone59; Dec 20, 2018 at 9:54 am
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:46 am

CPH transfer to US

Hi,
I am flying all SAS next June from FCO to ORD (home airport) with connection at CPH. The flight from FCO - CPH has been rescheduled, cutting my connection time to 90". I am 72 y.o. and in no way disabled, but no longer a jogger through airports. Nor do I qualify for first row seats (flying economy, exit row 12). I don't know if I will have to bus from tarmac to terminal after landing from FCO. Don't know if I have to go through a security check or 'just' the unpredictably crowded passport control. Is this enough time for someone like me? Thank you for your kind assistance.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Bus gates are relatively rare on Copenhagen on SK. Unless you are on a smaller propeller plane Which I believe they don't use on FCO.

​​​​​​Upon arrival, most likely B gates you ha e to proceed to the C gates At most a 15 minute leisurely walk There is no security check, even should it be a bus arrival. Bus arrivals will bring you quite close to the C gates.

Passport control is a bit of a mixed experience, but mostly within a reasonable time if you are cutting it close and the lines are long, talk to the staff managing the qeues.

I would not worry about a 90" connection in Copenhagen, even if you are not a jogger.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 20, 2018 at 3:05 pm
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by montone59
Hello,
My SAS flight from FCO to CPH next June has been rescheduled, cutting my connection time (also on SAS - single ticket) CPH to ORD to 90" (both landing and departing terminal 3). I am in no way disabled but at age 72 no longer a fast walker and am flying economy so can't qualify for front of the plane seats. Is this enough time to transfer to a US flight? Is it likely I will have to bus from the tarmac to the terminal when my first flight lands at CPH? Will I have to pass through security as well or just passport control between flights? Thank you for your kind assistance and any guidance.
Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads. One time would normally be ebough

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1563579-copenhagen-cph-connections-thread-14.html
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:49 pm

Thank you for the helpful (and very prompt!) information.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:29 am

Hi,
I am flying all SAS next June from FCO to ORD (home airport) with connection at CPH. The flight from FCO - CPH has been rescheduled, cutting my connection time to 90". I am 72 y.o. and in no way disabled, but no longer a jogger through airports. Nor do I qualify for first row seats (flying economy, exit row 12). I don't know if I will have to bus from tarmac to terminal after landing from FCO. Don't know if I have to go through a security check or 'just' the unpredictably crowded passport control. Is this enough time for someone like me? Thank you for your kind assistance.
90 min is plenty of time in CPH. Worst case you arrive in one of the remote A gates - then it is a maximum 20min walk at slow pace to the pass port control. Max 15min (and very likely less) at passport control - and then another 5 min to the appropriate C gate for your ORD flight. You still have plenty of time. Best case you actually arrive at the bus arrival centre, which is just below passport control.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Yes. 1.5 hour is enough time. I don't know what machine operates FCO to CPH but I if this is operated by CityJet then a bus transfer is quite likely (30-40% chance). However in this case, this is probably not a big deal. The bus will take you very close to the border control (and otherwise you may need to walk this through a longish terminal). You will not need to go through another security, unless perhaps at the gate, if you get picked up for SSSS (but then this should not be a reason for missing the flight). The passport control is directly over the bus arrival point. The walk from the most remote gates is probably 15 minutes for a slow walker - a similar time for a bus transfer. Also assuming that this is all on a single ticket, SK will protect you if there is a delay. I think the minimal connection time is 45 minutes for this time, so you are way over.

All in all: no need to worry I am about 30 years younger, but I would totally plan for a solid lunch in the lounge with that layover, and some time to stretch and read something.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
90 min at CPH is more then 3x times the time needed for that transfer. Absolutely nothing to worry about. You should be able to be at the C gate for your US flight within 10-15 min, passport control included. No security checks.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:49 am

Thank you for the most welcome reassurance, OFFlyer.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:53 am

I'm lovin' you people! Can't thank you all enough for the helpful information and, as an excellent bonus, allowing for some peace of mind.
And happy holidays to all.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Surprisingly managed to make a very short 30 minute connection including passport control a few weeks ago, after first flight was delayed. A non Schengen narrowbody to Schengen narrowbody. Even more surprised my baggage made it, probably wouldn't have if it wasn't priority tagged and at the very front of the luggage hold.
AStarr likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
I made a very similar connection a few weeks ago (30 minutes) after my flight from Dublin was delayed. Ended up making it through passport control and onto my Schengen flight just in time. And even my baggage made it.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Hello,
If your flight from FCO to CPH arrives no later than 30-45 minutes late, you should have no problem making your flight to Chicago as you only have passport control and the gate area check potentially (including that US persons’ emergency contact paper form that SAS still insists on getting from me). June exit passport control at CPH can have anything from a 0 minute wait time to a 45 minute wait time, but if the line is bad and you’re flying SAS to the US, sometimes there have been calls to help late connecting passengers moved ahead in the passport control lines. Usually for my CPH-ORD flights, it’s been a 0-15 minute wait to do exit passport control. Having checked luggage on these SAS flights makes it more likely you will make the connection at CPH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.