Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
(Another) tight connection ~ CPH

Hello,

I am considering an itinerary that would have me arriving in CPH from HKG on SK966 at 0700 and then departing for DUS on SK1629 at 0805. It is a Saturday morning.

MCT at CPH appears to be 45 minutes so that is allowable, but I am wondering from a practical point of view whether such a tight connection is wise.

For those more experienced in CPH would such a tight connection normally work, with checked baggage also making the flight?

Thanks

TB
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
This should be no issue at all. SAS gives usually a good buffer on their long haul flights and if the two flights are booked on the same ticket you even have the guarantee that SAS will rebook you on a later flight to DUS in the rare case you would miss your connection.
tallboy likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: Baec
SK966 looks to have a very good punctuality record and is often over half an hour early, last time I can see it was late was in April.
tallboy likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

Looking to book award flight on SAS in business one ticket and HLO going EWR-CPH-HAJ with a 1:05h connection. ...... from what I've read that should be no problem. But the CPH-HAJ is on a ATR72 so not sure if that changes things (bus etc)
Edit: Must be a safte time as just noticed that on another day the connection time would be only 45 Minuites
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

Looking to book award flight on SAS in business one ticket and HLO going EWR-CPH-HAJ with a 1:05h connection. ...... from what I've read that should be no problem. But the CPH-HAJ is on a ATR72 so not sure if that changes things (bus etc)
Edit: Must be a safte time as just noticed that on another day the connection time would be only 45 Minuites
It is perfectly fine, it will probably not give you time to go to the lounge, or any other activities in between flights, unless the long haul arrives early.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:43 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
A 1:05h connection in CPH is perfectly doable, and you might even have time to visit the lounge in the process. CPH is generally very easy for transfers, and being in C you would beat the masses to passport control too.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2020, 5:23 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

I have never flown ex CPH on an ATR, but don't they all depart from gates right outside the non-Schengen passport control? If so, then you hour will give you PLENTY of time to grab something in the lounge (which is also right outside the non-Schengen passport control). No need to worry whatsoever. In my experience TATL flights tend to land earlier, rather than later.
blitzen likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by JR67
I have never flown ex CPH on an ATR, but don't they all depart from gates right outside the non-Schengen passport control? If so, then you hour will give you PLENTY of time to grab something in the lounge (which is also right outside the non-Schengen passport control). No need to worry whatsoever. In my experience TATL flights tend to land earlier, rather than later.
The ATR's are normally operating from the old domestic terminal at the end of the A pier or bus gates, which is now in the new E pier. Either way it's a 10-15 min. walk after the transfer/passport check. But 1 hour should be ok, and you will not be able to book it on one itinerary unless the airlines thinks is doable in normal operation conditions.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
The ATR's are normally operating from the old domestic terminal at the end of the A pier or bus gates, which is now in the new E pier. Either way it's a 10-15 min. walk after the transfer/passport check. But 1 hour should be ok, and you will not be able to book it on one itinerary unless the airlines thinks is doable in normal operation conditions.
Thanks! I just assumed they were running from the downstairs gates in front of the C pier. The beauty of living is that we can learn a new thing every day. Which surprises me every day because I am always cocksure that I know everything when I wake in the morning.
highupinthesky likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
They are finally getting rid of the bus gates between B and C? That area is always super crowded, and they can use the floor space. Let's hope that it actually gets used for floor space, and not just more retail space. But I guess that is hoping too much
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They are finally getting rid of the bus gates between B and C? That area is always super crowded, and they can use the floor space. Let's hope that it actually gets used for floor space, and not just more retail space. But I guess that is hoping too much
The C1x bus gates has been closed for about 6 months now. They closed when the bus gates at pier E opened. The computers has been removed from the gates too, but the rest of the interior is still there or at least were when I was through the airport last time in January. Hopefully they use this time with low passenger flow to remove the gates completely and fix the floors in the area, where they have been doing repairs for years now.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The C1x bus gates has been closed for about 6 months now. They closed when the bus gates at pier E opened. The computers has been removed from the gates too, but the rest of the interior is still there or at least were when I was through the airport last time in January. Hopefully they use this time with low passenger flow to remove the gates completely and fix the floors in the area, where they have been doing repairs for years now.
I can't even remember when I last was on a bus in CPH. But certainly far more than 6 months ago. I need to go to check out the E pier next I make to CPH. Somehow I had not realised it had been open that long.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I can't even remember when I last was on a bus in CPH. But certainly far more than 6 months ago. I need to go to check out the E pier next I make to CPH. Somehow I had not realised it had been open that long.
Where is the E pier? I assume past the C/D gates but I have never even realized there was anything past D. A bit embarrassing since CPH is my home airport, but I never fly anything smaller than a 319/320 out of there... Is it close? Far?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by JR67
Where is the E pier? I assume past the C/D gates but I have never even realized there was anything past D. A bit embarrassing since CPH is my home airport, but I never fly anything smaller than a 319/320 out of there... Is it close? Far?
It is new.... just continue down the corridor of the D-gates and you will arrive in the whole new shiny gate wing. About 10 minute walk from the lounge if you do no rush.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.