Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 7:00 am
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
Just received notification today from Optiontown that the upgrade for my fight on Wednesday July 29 from ARN to ORD has gone through. This is from Go to Business. Cost was $350 and put in about 10 days ago. Flight must be pretty full. This is my 2nd upgrade out of 3 tries for upgrades over the past 7 months.
The last 2 tries were from Go to Plus.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Originally Posted by BCC
Just received notification today from Optiontown that the upgrade for my fight on Wednesday July 29 from ARN to ORD has gone through. This is from Go to Business. Cost was $350 and put in about 10 days ago. Flight must be pretty full. This is my 2nd upgrade out of 3 tries for upgrades over the past 7 months.
The last 2 tries were from Go to Plus.
From Go to Biz for 350$? that's a good deal! Congrats ^

Just put in an OT request for my flight from ARN to DUB on Friday. 39€

Fairly sure it's going to go through on that route this time of the year
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:21 am
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
It was a good deal purchased in Euros. 320 EU and a strong dollar helped ! Looking forward to trying out the new C product.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: MP Silver / DM /SkyMiles
Considering the ones we bought were roughly $450 and didn't go through (CPH-IAD), I would definitely agree that is a good deal. Of course, the outbound (IAD-CPH) ones were about $390 and did go through...I'm pretty sure ours were rejected because enough people paid a better price (or lots of people using OT), because Go was completely full...

Enjoy. Being back in Go on a TA on SAS for the first time in 4 years makes me positive it's worth $350, especially westbound...
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
SFO-CPH cleared from Plus for USD 167. Since it's an A340, obviously not the new seats , but it'll still be a huge improvement over both Y and M, especially for a redeye.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Tennen
SFO-CPH cleared from Plus for USD 167. Since it's an A340, obviously not the new seats , but it'll still be a huge improvement over both Y and M, especially for a redeye.
Damn, that's a good deal ^ .. Just the points alone is almost worth it .

My Go -> Plus upgrade from ARN to DUB this Friday went through.

3 days and 11 hours before departure.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
And my CPH - CDG on Friday did not go through....
Not too happy as I sort of counted on the extra points.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:31 am

I am a little curious about the logic behind OT upgrades (if there is any) :
I was denied an upgrade CPH-CDG friday morning.
It was a plane with 3 + 3 seats, 30-odd rows.
Plus was 10 rows.
When I boarded as one of the last, there were 2 people in PLUS, GO was about 2/3 full.
Why not take my 50€ and put me in PLUS?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The (lack of) logic is really with SK as opposed to with OT. I'm sure OT would want any upgrade request to go through. A lot of folks on here have been scratching their heads on OT upgrades while there are obvious empty seats. Some people have mentioned catering but that seems so amateur it can't be true.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:24 am

My optiontown upgrade for CDG-CPH for Tuesday went through so will be interesting to see how many people in GO/PLUS.
For information the ticket upgraded to Z class....
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi
My partner is flying from SGN-LHR on Vietnam Air fairly shortly (about 8 hours from now), I'd like to try and get him upgraded from Economy - Business by using option town.

My main question: Can I pay the fee to put him on the Upgrade list but have my contact email instead of his? I'd basically like it to be a surprise for him if it is successful.

I have his PNR + email used on the booking, so no problems getting to the upgrade page in optiontown.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Swibbz
Hi
My partner is flying from SGN-LHR on Vietnam Air fairly shortly (about 8 hours from now), I'd like to try and get him upgraded from Economy - Business by using option town.

My main question: Can I pay the fee to put him on the Upgrade list but have my contact email instead of his? I'd basically like it to be a surprise for him if it is successful.

I have his PNR + email used on the booking, so no problems getting to the upgrade page in optiontown.
Sure, not a problem. For the upgrade request you need his PNR and full name, the email used for booking the ticket is not necessary. The mail OT is asking for is the mail address they will send the receipts and further communication from OT.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
Sure, not a problem. For the upgrade request you need his PNR and full name, the email used for booking the ticket is not necessary. The mail OT is asking for is the mail address they will send the receipts and further communication from OT.
Thanks.

Unfortunately this whole thing has turned into a disappointment for him - I got the email notification that he'd been upgraded and told him to go get a new ticket. They tell him they'd upgraded people at check in (after I'd been charged) and now there was no availability.

So in the end I will get a refund but kind of wish I'd never made the effort in the first place

EDIT: Turns out someone cancelled their seat at the last moment and he got the upgrade - day saved!

Last edited by Swibbz; Aug 4, 2015 at 1:54 pm
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The (lack of) logic is really with SK as opposed to with OT. I'm sure OT would want any upgrade request to go through. A lot of folks on here have been scratching their heads on OT upgrades while there are obvious empty seats. Some people have mentioned catering but that seems so amateur it can't be true.
Of course it can be true. Only the finest catering is served in Plus..... ;-)
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:11 am

I also saw check-in agents refuse upgrades for points due to insufficient loaded meals. Last time I had it from PEK. They said when I upgraded that I was very lucky as it was the last 'meal' they had. The couple at the check-in behind me were very unhappy. The guy asked multiple times 'but there are free seats?' and the agent said, there were but she couldn't give them away since they couldn't cater them.

The guy even offered to take Y food but sit in C and they refused. Makes sense as it will be hard to manage and in the end perhaps the wrong C pax will have no meal...

Last edited by fassy; Aug 5, 2015 at 1:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.