Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 5:27 pm

With the cellphone verification, they have effectively killed managing multiple accounts (cannot use same phone number across two accounts, and webbased phones like google voice don't work). Unless someone can PM a workaround for it.

With that, time to say goodbye to e-rewards. In its heydey, it enabled me to get IHG Spire status for 2 years straight for me and SO combined (which I then statusmatched for diamond etc status with other hotels).

It enabled many hertz, choice, accor and several other points.

Thanks for all the free vacations and goodbye.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by nomii
With the cellphone verification, they have effectively killed managing multiple accounts (cannot use same phone number across two accounts, and webbased phones like google voice don't work). Unless someone can PM a workaround for it.
yah too bad didn't know that beforehand. effectively wasted my number on a low earning account

anyone know how to switch it? hit me up with a PM or a workaround.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
If they've tightened that up, it would be nice if they then allowed more surveys per day per verified account than the current three. USA users can get five surveys a day across the different SSI survey programs.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
It's my turn acct get deactivated. What a mess!
Old May 4, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
At what point do they ask for a phone number? I got to the final confirmation page and wasn't asked.
Do not want to really redeem right now, as I want to use my phone number with the right mileage account and it is too early to redeem there

Last edited by neuromancer; May 4, 2017 at 2:01 pm
Old May 4, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by neuromancer
At what point do they ask for a phone number? I got to the final confirmation page and wasn't asked.
Do not want to really redeem right now, as I want to use my phone number with the right mileage account and it is too early to redeem there
They will ask when you hit submit.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by shahr04360
It's my turn acct get deactivated. What a mess!
got me all nervous. wondering if i should liquidate my account points again...
Old May 4, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Dai.Lo
got me all nervous. wondering if i should liquidate my account points again...
My acct has been reactivated with all credits still in acct after request to reinstate thru online customer svc form. Now been locked again in-midst to redeem pts after asking my cellphone. Even before! Way to register telephone # seems very creepy.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:11 pm

My acct has been reactivated with all credits still in acct after request to reinstate thru online customer svc form. Now been locked again in-midst to redeem pts after asking my cellphone. Even before! Way to register telephone # seems very creepy.
at least u got it reactivated. getting unlocked i'm sure is easier. but yes i'm not liking these changes one bit. seems like the gravy train slowly running out of steam.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat
I just got bounced from erewards. No idea why. I did not realize for a little while, then I noticed I was not getting any surveys so I went to check. It said my account was temporarily suspended. I thought maybe their emails had been bounced from my email account due to spam filters so I sent in the customer service form. Here is what I got in response:

Dear Katharyn,

Thank you for your query. We have reviewed your account and we have identified several discrepancies in your account details and/or survey activity that are in breach of our terms and conditions. We regret to inform you that under such terms, we have had to suspend your account permanently. You will no longer be able to take surveys and claim rewards from our website going forward. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Thank you for your inquiry,

Taylor

I have no idea what they are talking about. I am sure I had about $50 in erewards booked. I usually redeem for AA miles every time I get to $100.

Anyone else have this?
Old May 5, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm just kind of surprised it took them this long to set up an account verification code since Swagbucks, Perk, and Checkpoints have had them for years.
Old May 5, 2017, 9:57 pm

at least u got it reactivated. getting unlocked i'm sure is easier. but yes i'm not liking these changes one bit. seems like the gravy train slowly running out of steam.
Acct reactivated again after these reply by them:

Dear xxxx,
I apologize, please retry to access your account.

NOTE:
We now require mobile or landline verification in order to redeem your rewards. Mobile or landline verification keeps your rewards safe and your account secure.
For data security you will need to verify your account with a valid US mobile or landline number in order to redeem a reward. Once you provide your mobile or landline number, we'll send you a validation code that you'll need to enter before you can successfully redeem. This step is for additional data security to protect your account and your rewards balance. We will not share your details with third parties or use it for any marketing purposes.
Please note: you only need to do this once; after the initial verification, you will be able to redeem rewards without entering a number every time.
Thank you for your inquiry,
Old May 6, 2017, 11:46 am

Acct reactivated again after these reply by them:
do u have a valid US number? given that i see your location is KUL/SIN.

have u tried a non US number and did it work?
Old May 6, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: HH , SPG, LeClub
do u have a valid US number? given that i see your location is KUL/SIN.

have u tried a non US number and did it work?
...I have.

Tried to enter a German cellphone number with 11 digits, but the field accepts just 10, after that my account was deactivated. (after transferring 8000 Honors Points)

Ridgeway
Old May 6, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by ridgeway
...I have.

Tried to enter a German cellphone number with 11 digits, but the field accepts just 10, after that my account was deactivated. (after transferring 8000 Honors Points)

Ridgeway
lol phew! thanks for the heads up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.