Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
See this link.
Does Alamo make you show a BJ's membership card when you pick up the car?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:06 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by salukidean
Does Alamo make you show a BJ's membership card when you pick up the car?
Never been asked. As a precaution, sign up for quicksilver and use it. Reps don't scrutinize frequent renters. Ma and pa kettle get the full court press.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:28 am

Never been asked. As a precaution, sign up for quicksilver and use it. Reps don't scrutinize frequent renters. Ma and pa kettle get the full court press.
What is quicksilver. Sorry I am late to the ball.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by klubber
What is quicksilver. Sorry I am late to the ball.
It's Alamo's Frequent Renters Club although you don't have to rent frequently to enjoy the benefits .... it's free to join!

Check it out at the Alamo.com site
Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:57 pm

Any great codes for 2-4 weeks at a time rentals around LAX?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
GREAT Alamo discounts: Contract ID#: WKADVANT and Coupon Code: AF4396SDN

Working Advantage is a kind of discount program offered as a kind of benefit to employees by participating employers. For an upcoming trip to Denver and Phoenix, I noticed some great rates at DEN and PHX through Working Advantage's program with Alamo.

Best discount for a rental of at least 5 days, valid through 12/31/10.
Contract ID#: WKADVANT and Coupon Code: AF4396SDN

For rentals less than 5 days, just use the Contract ID#: WKADVANT and skip the Coupon Code.

for a one car class upgrade use: Contract ID#: WKADVANT and Coupon Code: AU5059ODT

(Note: other discount codes I've used, not part of this Working Advantage program are I.D./Corp I.D. 428448 and Coupon code AF8928JDG, also another good I.D./Corp I.D. # is 675899.)

To add, here's a website I often use for finding discounts which in the past has helped save me a lot of money on past Alamo car rentals. www.momsview.com/alamo.shtml

Also, http://www.carrentalsavers.com/alamo.html has great codes.

Here's the deal from the Alamo website from the Working Advantage program:
At Alamo, your membership means savings! Your Working Advantage membership provides terrific benefits including great deals for all your car rental needs. Choose from our wide selection of quality vehicles, and take advantage of great savings and benefits. Please remember to request ID# WKADVANT.
Your benefits with Alamo include:

Free unlimited mileage!
Up to 20% off standard rates!
Availability of online check-in!
24-Hour Emergency Roadside Assistance!
Express rental returns!

You can reserve your car online right now! Or, if you prefer, you can book with your travel agent or call Alamo at 1-800-462-5266. Request ID#: WKADVANT.

Terms & Conditions
One coupon per Alamo rental and void once redeemed.
Free Day is prorated against base rate for entire rental period, which does not include taxes (including VAT/GST), governmentally-authorized or imposed surcharges, license recoupment/air tax recovery and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge or optional items.
Offer is subject to standard rental conditions.
Blackout dates may apply.
Not valid with any other discount or promotional rate, except your Working Advantage discount.
Subject to availability and valid only at participating Alamo locations.
Some countries may convert coupon value into local currency.
24-Hour advance reservation required.
Offer not valid in Manhattan, NY.
Coupon VOID if bought, bartered or sold for cash.
Void where prohibited

As far as I know, no proof of membership is required. To obtain the info I stated above, all I had to do was enter my log on and password, and from there, the link to Alamo and discount codes were made available.

Hope all these code are able to help someone on their travels.

Last edited by swdke; Mar 8, 2010 at 11:33 am
Old Mar 3, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: northwest, american, choice hotels
Can I set up a 5 day rental and just bring it back a day early? Will I be penalized?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 1:49 pm

Reason is, using the above codes in Orlando. 5 day rate is $50 less than 4 day rate.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by jabho
Can I set up a 5 day rental and just bring it back a day early? Will I be penalized?
Not a good idea .... as, yes, they probably will catch it and charge you a 4 day "standard" daily rate (or an early return fee) which might end up being greater than the 4 day rate available to you now. They might also void any discounts/coupons you used.

If you look thru the posts here (do a search for "early return"), you will find that this (getting caught and being charged an excessive rate) happens quite often. No recourse if you are caught and they charge you an excessive rate.

Occasionally, someone may get away with it but you have to ask yourself: "Do you feel lucky?" and/or "Is it worth the risk?".

Last edited by jgxtrav1; Mar 3, 2010 at 8:26 pm
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:09 am

Good information, thanks for the info, not worth the risk for me.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: *A, Hertz Plt, IC RA, SPG Gold, MR Plt

Last edited by UpgradedFirst; May 12, 2010 at 4:27 pm
Old Mar 5, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: *A, Hertz Plt, IC RA, SPG Gold, MR Plt
Enterprise Plus free sign up

Last edited by UpgradedFirst; May 12, 2010 at 3:48 pm
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by sandylm
I just tried to book a car online and when the reservation was supposed to be completed I got an error page - Alamo.com System Maintenance Notification. Due to high volume the reservation couldn't b[ e completed but 'due to this inconvenience, we would like to offer you $20 off your reservation. Please request Coupon Code AWEBCPN027. 5 day minimum rental, 28 day max for compact thru luxury cars, minivans, SUV or convertibles.

Didn't help me since I only have a 3 day rental. thought I'd share the wealth.
Woud this still work? that's very generous of you.

Last edited by helenkan; Aug 4, 2010 at 3:36 pm
Old Mar 7, 2010, 2:19 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by jabho
Reason is, using the above codes in Orlando. 5 day rate is $50 less than 4 day rate.
4 day 4 hours will probably rate the same as 5 days. Could you do that long of a rental?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
4 day 4 hours will probably rate the same as 5 days. Could you do that long of a rental?
Thanks for the posts! I've gotten the week rate to work for a rental that 4 days, 2 hours. I've got the reservation which should be proof of price, but am worried they'll hit me with an early return fee anyways. Any experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.