Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2007, 11:32 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
The '08 Costco coupons are now posting on their website. Remember that Costco members also get a free additional driver and unlimited mileage. (I love Costco.)

$20 off weekly rental: ID #675899 and Coupon Code AD3768LDA

Good for compact through full-size car, minivan or sport utility vehicle in the United States, Latin America, Caribbean or Asia Pacific. Valid for a rental of at least 4 days. Valid through 12/31/08.

$25 off!* - ID#675899 and Coupon Code AD3216DDA

Reserve a convertible, minivan, or sport utility vehicle in the United States.
Valid for a rental of at least 3 days. Valid through 12/31/08.

One Free Day - I.D. Number 675899 and Coupon code AF2772JDE.

Good for compact through full-size car in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Caribbean or Asia Pacific of at least 5 days and receive one free day plus your Costco member discount. Valid through 12/31/08.

Up to 25% off Retail Rates - ID# 675899
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:46 am

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, SWA A-list+, National Executive, Hilton Diamond
Alamo coupon ($25 off) AD6442CS coupon is only good till Jan. 31.

Came from Travelzoo and shows as "Travelzoo-al-wkly#1 ($25.00)" on the reservation.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 7:36 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
one-way

Hi all, does anyone have any suggestions for any discounts/coupons I can use for a one-way rental? For a minivan from CLE-CLT on 12/31

Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm using contract ID 7013603 and coupon AD3829MRB ($25 off) for an upcoming rental. Can I bypass the counter and use the Alamo Kiosk for this rental?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by DJ Traveler
I'm using contract ID 7013603 and coupon AD3829MRB ($25 off) for an upcoming rental. Can I bypass the counter and use the Alamo Kiosk for this rental?
Acc to their website, all you need is your valid driver's license, major cc, and advance reservations to use the kiosk. No exclusions for using coupons.

From the Alamo website:

Skip the rental counter.
Check-in at the kiosk.
Show rental agreement and driver's license at exit booth.
Start vacation!

What you need.

Valid driver's license.
Major credit card.
Advance reservation.
Other cool kiosk
stuff you can do.

Review your rental info.
Upgrade to a larger car.
Add other drivers.
Purchase other items like prepaid gas, Collision Damage Waiver and GPS units.
Begin your hassle-free vacation sooner!
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:43 am

Alamo $25 Off Weekly Rate

Coupon Code AD1901NJK

Offer valid for rentals picked up by 3/31/08.

5-day minimum rental.

Offer valid at participating U.S. locations.

Coupon valid only for reservations made at www.alamo.com.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:01 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt PLT, Marriott Silver, National Exec
Alamo good for one free day when renting a compact through full-size car for a minimum of 5 days. Expires 3/31/08. Must use a Discover Card

ID: 7014179
Coupon Code: AF1868XRA
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:28 pm

awesome alamo code

Was fishing around the alamo website tonight and found this.

"To receive the government contractor rate, request CORP ID J3 when making your reservation

This program offers contractors working domestically for the Federal Government special low rental rates and benefits including:

No additional driver fees or underage driver fees
Full Loss Damage Waiver (domestic)
Frequent Traveler benefits with Alamo's major airline partners
Over 550 participating locations to accommodate on-duty travel needs."

Lowered my 4 day base rate from $175 to $108. I don't see anything that says you have to show any ID either. combine with coupon ad3829mrb for another $25 off and my grand total is $107. outstanding!
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by reddawngrl
I'd make up a back-up reservation just in case. Just because the website doesn't indicate you need to show i.d., I'm assuming you are not a government contractor and are therefore not entitled to the rate. If they DO ask for i.d. and you can't provide one, then you'd be S.O.L.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 8:38 am

Programs: WN CP; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat

"To receive the government contractor rate, request CORP ID J3 when making your reservation

This program offers contractors working domestically for the Federal Government special low rental rates and benefits including:

Lowered my 4 day base rate from $175 to $108. I don't see anything that says you have to show any ID either. combine with coupon ad3829mrb for another $25 off and my grand total is $107. outstanding!
Wow this could potentially be huge! I tried this code and it lowered my rate by another 19% at LAS. I have no doubt it will work there as you never actually talk to a human when checking in, it's all done at the kiosk. Thanks!!! Should work great on long term rentals. FYI - code did not work for my rental in Aruba, maybe it's only good in the US?

Last edited by IndigoEyes; Feb 5, 2008 at 8:43 am
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:06 am

Europcar codes

I have noted that I get the lowest weekly rates booking with europcar for summer 2008 in southern europe using codes 45450563 or 45797144.
Does anyone know who is covered by these codes and is one likely to be challenged to present some documentation showing code validity when picking up the car?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold

How do I use this? Do I just enter J3 in the corp code?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by IndigoEyes
Wow this could potentially be huge! I tried this code and it lowered my rate by another 19% at LAS. I have no doubt it will work there as you never actually talk to a human when checking in, it's all done at the kiosk. Thanks!!! Should work great on long term rentals. FYI - code did not work for my rental in Aruba, maybe it's only good in the US?

First i would like to say THANK YOU to RedDawnGrl.... you have struck gold with this one...

Indigo.. i dont know about you.. but this fricking code saved me damn near 120 bucks on a rental... Not only does it drop the rate per day to half.. it also includes insurance. This Code 100% works... when using a Kiosk... Because of exactly what Indigo said... u have to deal with no one.. so who is going to ask for a Government ID???

Recreation... stop being so doubtful... even if the code doesnt work, using a regular coupon and a walmart id u will still get a great rate... bottom line is.. u have nothing to lose..

So far i have used this Code twice at the MIA Alamo.. and both time they worked... even got a free upgrade one time due to them being out of cars.... .and ended up paying 88 bucks.. for a MiniVan for 4 days... when my original rental was for a Midsize.

Also.. it always helps to try and see if u can get one of the workers attention who work the lots... u can simply tell them to "work" with you.. and 9/10 times they will tell u... take what u want... as long as u give them an incentive... (10 bucks usually works)

I love Alamo, and im starting to think about going with National since they are not part of the Vanguard family...

J3!!! Use it every time with no fear! And if you are that unlucky to have it not work for you... go take a tomato paste bath to wash off that bad luck

For those wanting to see the actual legalities ... check out this page.. but dont let it scare u ...

http://www.alamo.com/progContractor.do
Old Apr 26, 2008, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by honghong322
How do I use this? Do I just enter J3 in the corp code?
Yes....just tried it but it will not work for rental of a convertible oh well...i'll just keep trying others.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 2:02 pm

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
I think I waited too long and might not be able to get the entertainment book (unless it is available at some local bookstore?)
Does it make sense to sign up for the online membership in order to receive coupons for enterprise=

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.