Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2009, 11:34 am

Fraz41...I've used that code at DAB, MCO and TPA regularly and have never been asked for a hard copy!

Last edited by fairlyoddmother; Jul 4, 2009 at 11:36 am Reason: correct name
Old Jul 15, 2009, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Any Good Weekend Rate Codes?

The rates for BWI suck! Anyone know any good rate codes for a 3-day weekend for Alamo? Or is there a Verizon employee ID#? Can't seem to find it.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Why don't coupons work for Alamo?

Can anyone tell me why these coupons aren't working? AD6969JDA tried to input for the weekend rate but it shows up coupon can not be used. Same thing goes for AD1336ADK for a weeky rental which is on the Alamo site. The link from that one took me directly to the reservation page & had already input the coupon but it still says coupon can not be used.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: tug
any alamo code for extra credits for one day booking?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:19 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Pronkster
any alamo code for extra credits for one day booking?
There is a WN specific thread for rental cars http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ntal-cars.html which will keep you in the loop for Southwest Rapid Rewards credits.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 7:52 pm

Thanks CMW. The Alamo codes worked for MIA when most companies had blacked out the period..
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:06 pm

Great long term rental code with Enterprise Rent a Car

Click link to access program: http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental...&refId=LIONINT
Old Nov 21, 2009, 9:00 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Alamo $25 off any 3 day rental - coupon code AD5691JDV expires 2/28/2010.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Originally Posted by expatusa
Anyone tried using this one?
This appears to be a car leasing company discount out
of the UK. It gives a rate of $550 for an 8 day rental of a
mini-van at MCO vs a price of $1400 using no code-amazing
price, but any risk of having to show ID?

Old Dec 22, 2009, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by muskoka
Anyone tried using this one?
This appears to be a car leasing company discount out
of the UK. It gives a rate of $550 for an 8 day rental of a
mini-van at MCO vs a price of $1400 using no code-amazing
price, but any risk of having to show ID?

If it's anything like the Dollar tour voucher program, its designed specifically for residents of the country from which it is issued. They usually include the coverage package (looks like you can select that when clicking that link) for a total combined price far, far lower than a normal rental with the coverage package.

As to whether you'll be required to show ID: not sure with Enterprise. With Dollar, you are actually issued a paper voucher you need to show to the rental agency (since they're prepaid), so as long as you had that voucher, you were pretty much good to go (not sure how stringent they were on requirements to obtain the voucher). With Enterprise, it's probably different. My rule of thumb, though, is if you find something too good to be true that you're most likely not authorized to use, DON'T!
Old Dec 23, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: aeroplan,amex platinum,hilton honours, emerald club elite, priority club
Originally Posted by jackal
If it's anything like the Dollar tour voucher program, its designed specifically for residents of the country from which it is issued. They usually include the coverage package (looks like you can select that when clicking that link) for a total combined price far, far lower than a normal rental with the coverage package.

As to whether you'll be required to show ID: not sure with Enterprise. With Dollar, you are actually issued a paper voucher you need to show to the rental agency (since they're prepaid), so as long as you had that voucher, you were pretty much good to go (not sure how stringent they were on requirements to obtain the voucher). With Enterprise, it's probably different. My rule of thumb, though, is if you find something too good to be true that you're most likely not authorized to use, DON'T!
ENTERPRISE is usually very diligent in ensuring the customer meets all qualifications, including showig ID if the terms of the discount code require it. This is especially true if the promo is for out of country residents. YMMV.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 5:32 pm

Programs: WN CP
AD8Z21SDB
BJ's $40 off rental code with Alamo - not sure of minimums, expiration, etc, just know it worked on my upcoming rental in LV
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by admmr
AD8Z21SDB
BJ's $40 off rental code with Alamo - not sure of minimums, expiration, etc, just know it worked on my upcoming rental in LV
See this link.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
See this link.
Thank you so much!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: SPG, DL, HH, USAir, United, Alaska, Hyatt, GCC, HI
$20 off code

I just tried to book a car online and when the reservation was supposed to be completed I got an error page - Alamo.com System Maintenance Notification. Due to high volume the reservation couldn't be completed but 'due to this inconvenience, we would like to offer you $20 off your reservation. Please request Coupon Code AWEBCPN027. 5 day minimum rental, 28 day max for compact thru luxury cars, minivans, SUV or convertibles.

Didn't help me since I only have a 3 day rental. thought I'd share the wealth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.