Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:06 pm

Does the bookcrossing.com discount include insurance? Is it ok to use or risky?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by baseline
Thanks for your business. I can confirm that we did have Avis-Budget on our site initially, but we have temporarily removed them for now. Talks are ongoing. We hope to have them back on the site in the near future.

I will say that we do compare Avis and Budget rates against the providers that we currently support, and if we find that a customer can get a better deal with one of them, we will inform you, even if if the booking goes elsewhere and doesn’t generate a commission for us.

We’re 100% committed to providing our customers with the best deal possible. We believe that if you do right by your customers, success will eventually follow. Not everyone in this industry buys into that theory, but then again, we’re happy to be different.
Let us know when you bring them back.

Last edited by levanta; Aug 11, 2010 at 3:34 pm
Old Aug 7, 2010, 10:05 pm

7014777 is the contract id for the entertainment book

Last edited by mimigus; Aug 7, 2010 at 10:07 pm Reason: new poster, didn't include meassage being responded to
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: *A, Hertz Plt, IC RA, SPG Gold, MR Plt
Originally Posted by baseline
Thanks for your business. I can confirm that we did have Avis-Budget on our site initially, but we have temporarily removed them for now. Talks are ongoing. We hope to have them back on the site in the near future.

I will say that we do compare Avis and Budget rates against the providers that we currently support, and if we find that a customer can get a better deal with one of them, we will inform you, even if if the booking goes elsewhere and doesn’t generate a commission for us.

We’re 100% committed to providing our customers with the best deal possible. We believe that if you do right by your customers, success will eventually follow. Not everyone in this industry buys into that theory, but then again, we’re happy to be different.
How do you make money with your site? Commission from car rental companies?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 5:12 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by UpgradedFirst
How do you make money with your site? Commission from car rental companies?
Yes, a small commission per rental as well as advertising.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Alamo Coupon

$35 off a minimum 5 day rental with a Sat. night

AD2359FDF

It's an American Airlines special valid through Sept 20
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by yule_boy
$35 off a minimum 5 day rental with a Sat. night

AD2359FDF

It's an American Airlines special valid through Sept 20
And United as well
Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Looking for a decent code for Advantage. ADVNWK gets you 5% off. Anything better?
Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Looking for a decent code for Advantage. ADVNWK gets you 5% off. Anything better?
Try 1884441. Or better yet, try AutoSlash.

We automatically apply the discount code that yields the lowest rate (after booking), and then we track the price of your rental, and if the rate drops, we automatically re-book you at the lower price.

Advantage can be very aggressive with their pricing, so there's a good chance that your rate will drop after booking if it's not a last minute pickup.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:37 am

is aadvantage a decent company??
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by bizfly
is aadvantage a decent company??
Yes, Advantage is decent. They are actually owned by Hertz. In many locations, they even share the same fleet. Certainly not as many frills as Hertz, but they are a good quality outfit. While they are usually lumped in with many of the 3rd tier companies, my personal experiences have shown them to be in the same league as Dollar, Thrifty, Alamo, etc. I would not have any hesitation about recommending them, especially when there is a decent price difference.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:26 am

does anyone have any experiance renting from Advantage from FLL
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: priority pass, M&M, Aeroflot Bonus
I don't know if it was mentioned here:
Alamo: 20% discount, unlimited miles plus options for one day free and an upgrade

https://www.alamo.com/index.do?actio...dvantage_offer
Old Dec 20, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Can you use two coupon codes at Enterprise?

Originally Posted by cfischer
I'll answer my own question: ENTFWDG
I was just told by some mean guy on the phone that it's one code per reservation, but others on this forum seem to have had different experiences? I have added the 15% off code given above (THANKS, Flyertalk, saved me $100) and now I was enquiring about adding the Entertainment coupon but the guy hung up before I could even get him to look up my reservation, after saying "no" when I asked if I could add a second code...
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by yaromac
I was just told by some mean guy on the phone that it's one code per reservation, but others on this forum seem to have had different experiences?
It is not possible to add a second coupon to an Enterprise reservation. I am 100% certain of that. The same is true for Dollar and Thrifty. Hertz, Alamo, Avis and Budget all allow a discount code and a coupon code in most cases, while National seems to allow a discount code and multiple coupon codes, although it seems to be rare to get multiple coupon codes to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.