Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how many shomer shabbat FTers?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:55 am

Benjh, chas veshalom !
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.4 MM Hertz Gold, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Hyat Gold
Thanks OP for starting this thread. I never knew how many SS members were on FT!

We should post ideas on traveling on Shabbos and eating kosher on the road.

I have just found out about this product. IMO they actually taste real good. They are shelf stable and come wrapped ready to go into a non kosher microwave. They have salmon, steak, chicken and vegetarian dishes. ENJOY. The following is a press release I found on Kosher Today.

Amazing Meals From Meal Mart Foods
Did you ever think that you could have fully cooked Beef Chulent with all the trimmings in just 1½ minutes? You can now. Meal Mart Foods has launched a line of No Refrigeration Needed Meals that are truly Amazing. These Meals are double wrapped and are ready in just 1½ minutes when heated in any Microwave, Kosher or Non Kosher. What is even more amazing is that these meals will remain completely fresh for 2 years without refrigeration and they contain no preservatives. There are currently nine meals in the Product Line. All Meal Mart Products are Glatt Kosher and under the supervision of the OU and the Nirbater Rav. Amazing Meals are currently available in over 60 Stores in the New York/N.J. market, amongst them are KRM, Landau Boro Park, Goldbergs, Rockland Kosher & NPGS in Lakewood. The product retails from $4.49-$5.99.

Contact: Eli Schwartz, Brand Manager, Alle Processing Corp., 5620 59th Street, Maspeth, NY 11378. Tel: 718-894-2000 ext.184 Fax: 718-326-4642, [email protected]
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by W9London
Benjh, chas veshalom !
In my family we say "Chas ve T'chulent!"
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by W9London
Seoul Korea: not having any luck trying to locate a synagogue. Repeated attempt of slowly repeating "synagogue", "jewish church", "jews", drawing magen david elicited no response from my hotel concierge!
Not any more, I guess. Take a look at
http://www.chabad.org/news/article_c...ish-Center.htm

Trust Chabad to be setting up shop.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by Benjh
In my family we say "Chas ve T'chulent!"
Old Apr 13, 2008, 7:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, USAirways Gold, Le Meridien Moments, Hyatt Gold
Sign me up

All,

Great to see this group - my business partner, who is not Jewish, alerted me to FlyerTalk and this thread...

nice to see you here, Danny!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by Sholey
Thanks OP for starting this thread. I never knew how many SS members were on FT!

We should post ideas on traveling on Shabbos and eating kosher on the road.

I have just found out about this product. IMO they actually taste real good. They are shelf stable and come wrapped ready to go into a non kosher microwave. They have salmon, steak, chicken and vegetarian dishes. ENJOY.
Is this the consensus of the board re the MealMart meals? Are they better than, say, pop-top tuna cans?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by cruiseceo
All,

Great to see this group - my business partner, who is not Jewish, alerted me to FlyerTalk and this thread...

nice to see you here, Danny!
Shalom and welcome to FT
Old Apr 15, 2008, 1:28 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CO FF
Is this the consensus of the board re the MealMart meals? Are they better than, say, pop-top tuna cans?
No. We had them recently and found them barely edible.
Old May 3, 2008, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.5MM National EE
Originally Posted by mikebg
No. We had them recently and found them barely edible.
I had the baked ziti (pareve) that was nasty but the other dishes were quite edible!
We were on a road trip prior to Pesach and they were handy to just pop into a non kosher microwave.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA, LY,TK
I'm in too,Orthodox
Old Jul 17, 2008, 6:27 am

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by elihassett
I'm in too,Orthodox
A frum Premier - nice ^
Old Jul 17, 2008, 6:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by arir
Me too!

me too!

--LG (plus DH, who lurks)
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sholey

You're Very welcome! It's nice to know there are so many of us.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:13 am

Smile

Fired up about this thread.

IM ALL IN!!!! Shomer shabbos way to go.

I bet none of you would ever think that a good jewish boy like me would win one of the free tickets to Paris that randy Peterson was raffling off a couple of weeks ago. But I won it and I sent my bro.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.