Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how many shomer shabbat FTers?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
I'll be in CNX for shabbos later this month, December 23-26.

Too late to plan for a DO for then?
I'll be in CNX, MEL, SYD, and HKG for the next 5 shabbosim.
Anyone up for a DO?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:03 am

Programs: *A GOLD, EL AL PLATINUM, ONEWORLD*SAPPHIRE, ACCOR CLUB PLATINUM, Human Race Platinum for life
Anyone up for a DO?
MEL= Caulfield and East-St-Kilda are good for me.

SYD= Vaucluse is best

HKG= preferably TST in Kowloon.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:11 am
Suspended

Anyone up for a DO?

when you use the word "DO" what do you mean? a previously planned and detailed get together among of a # of people doing different activities together over a few days period

or just a meal somewhere together

or a Shabbos together = eating and waking around together

if it isnt the 1st option why use the word DO?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by craz
when you use the word "DO" what do you mean? a previously planned and detailed get together among of a # of people doing different activities together over a few days period

or just a meal somewhere together

or a Shabbos together = eating and waking around together

if it isnt the 1st option why use the word DO?
Woah... I was getting worried that someone was trying to organize something on this thread and you weren't there to try and ruin it. B'H
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Woah... I was getting worried that someone was trying to organize something on this thread and you weren't there to try and ruin it. B'H
HaHa

just trying to get some Clarity and if all it is is just getting together for a meal, then thats what should be posted and w/o using teh word 'DO"

Go onto Community Buzz where most DOs are posted and click them and you will see, not only are the vast majority not being started by a local who wants to keep it it local, nor is it started by someone who will post where they will be and say Hey lets get together Where & When its convenient for ME

theres nothing wrong in saying heres my upcoming Itin, if anyone will be where I will be be PM me or Post it and lets get together over a meal. But thats NOT a DO
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: *A GOLD, EL AL PLATINUM, ONEWORLD*SAPPHIRE, ACCOR CLUB PLATINUM, Human Race Platinum for life
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Let's then restrict us to the term 'shabbaton'.
Understood by everyone who should, and is to the point.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HONcircle
Let's then restrict us to the term 'shabbaton'.
Understood by everyone who should, and is to the point.
+1

but that may leave out say if a person will be in PEK for a Sun-Thurs and wouldnt mind getting togther with others for a meal or some touring together, unless all a person wants is to find a way to spend some time on Shabbos when they wont have full liberty of doing other things and will be more or less stuck in 1 place

it would be very nice if there will be a minyan, but even using Shabbaton means having numerous people getting together, so I wouldnt also use that term if all I meant was Hey, I will be in these citys in the next few weeks if anyone will be there as well let me know and lets get see if we can get together over Shabbos for a meal.

In most cases its posted a couple of months ahead of time so that others can see if it works for them and they can make arrangements. When a person still is hoping to change their flights and thusly is willing to change their plans where they will be and when then in my book its not too smart to try and get others to commit to a Date & Place when you ARENT
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:00 am

+1

but that may leave out say if a person will be in PEK for a Sun-Thurs and wouldnt mind getting togther with others for a meal or some touring together, unless all a person wants is to find a way to spend some time on Shabbos when they wont have full liberty of doing other things and will be more or less stuck in 1 place

it would be very nice if there will be a minyan, but even using Shabbaton means having numerous people getting together, so I wouldnt also use that term if all I meant was Hey, I will be in these citys in the next few weeks if anyone will be there as well let me know and lets get see if we can get together over Shabbos for a meal.

In most cases its posted a couple of months ahead of time so that others can see if it works for them and they can make arrangements. When a person still is hoping to change their flights and thusly is willing to change their plans where they will be and when then in my book its not too smart to try and get others to commit to a Date & Place when you ARENT
So, we could instead do a 'mini' shabbaton, in the style a la Miles and More lounge meetings
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:55 am
Suspended

So, we could instead do a 'mini' shabbaton, in the style a la Miles and More lounge meetings
I would hope it would involve alot more then a quick beer together with some people, who just happen to be in the same airport at the same time

Have you ever met up with any of those folks and if yes what you say is their avg age?

I take it a mini Shabbaton = having just 1 meal together rather then spending all of Shabbos together. Id also assume it wouldnt take place at a Chabad House as then you really wont be able to control the flow of things, like if everyone was at a restaurant thats open for meals on Shabbos or arranging the meal at a hotel
Old Dec 18, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Next shabbat and Sunday in Chiangmai

Here's an idea.
We can meet for shabbat at chabad in Chiangmai next Friday Dec 24, and I can do a nice walking tour on shabbat afternoon, and then the Sat evening market after havdala, plus Sunday breakfast at my house and a tour of the art and culture around Nimmanhemin.
Those who are interested, reply and message me. I check Flyertalk everyday.
Shavua tov!
Larry
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by larrythai
Here's an idea.
We can meet for shabbat at chabad in Chiangmai next Friday Dec 24, and I can do a nice walking tour on shabbat afternoon, and then the Sat evening market after havdala, plus Sunday breakfast at my house and a tour of the art and culture around Nimmanhemin.
Those who are interested, reply and message me. I check Flyertalk everyday.
Shavua tov!
Larry
^ Finally someone gets it Right!

Unfortunately I have an Aufruf the next 2 Shabboses here in NY, I hope you get a few Takers and everyone enjoys themselves
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:34 am

^ Finally someone gets it Right!

Unfortunately I have an Aufruf the next 2 Shabboses here in NY, I hope you get a few Takers and everyone enjoys themselves
You are saying it as if an Aufruf is such a sad and negative event.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 4:45 pm
Suspended

You are saying it as if an Aufruf is such a sad and negative event.
well at least its not as bad as the Chasana itself. Its great if your are under lets say 30. After that well ...... at least in my case

If a person enjoys having to sit thru very long meals and be BORED great, Id rather get some zzzz's in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.