FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religious Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/religious-travelers-604/)
-   -   how many shomer shabbat FTers? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/religious-travelers/774978-how-many-shomer-shabbat-fters.html)

haniboo Jan 4, 2008 5:45 am

how many shomer shabbat FTers?

how many shomer shabbat FTers are there? i am not taking a poll and mean no offense, just curious.

Playsmart Jan 4, 2008 6:54 am

Count me in.

CO FF Jan 4, 2008 12:12 pm

I'm in.

FF Jan 7, 2008 5:37 pm

Me, too - plus about 3-4 others here in London

lskohn Jan 7, 2008 7:08 pm

not I, but my husband was once cajoled into davening en route NRT-BKK...

badatz Jan 8, 2008 1:35 am

Add me to the minyan

mikebg Jan 8, 2008 8:14 am

Me too

TLVorbust Jan 8, 2008 8:19 am

I'm one more.

goodo Jan 9, 2008 8:57 pm

and another one

haniboo Jan 9, 2008 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by badatz (Post 9026322)
Add me to the minyan

we're not quite a minyan, cuz i don't count. ;)

ctownflyer Jan 10, 2008 12:19 am

I am as well.

Shomer Shabbos DO anyone?

al613 Jan 10, 2008 12:38 pm

me and my family :)

craz Jan 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 9039947)
I am as well.

Shomer Shabbos DO anyone?

Yea Right. 2 Jews have 3 opinions , 10 forget about it.

problem is not too many places where you will find a Hotel near by a shul, and that will have take-out or restaurants to boot.

Places that fit the bill Pico-Robertson in LA; Savannah,Ga; Miami; DC; Scottsdale,Az; Vegas

out of them all price wise Savannah is probably the cheapest and no full service Hotel but rather the likes of Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites or Residence Inn. no restaurants but a Caterer is available

DC over the weekend is cheap but the weather is well its winter time, but at least you have your choice of some really nice Full Service Hotels

Vegas has a La Quinta suites next door to a shul but its far from the strip and far from being cheap, could get some nice rooms at teh top hotels for the same $$

haniboo Jan 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 9043641)
problem is not too many places where you will find a Hotel near by a shul, and that will have take-out or restaurants to boot.

Places that fit the bill Pico-Robertson in LA; Savannah,Ga; Miami; DC; Scottsdale,Az; Vegas

out of them all price wise Savannah is probably the cheapest and no full service Hotel but rather the likes of Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites or Residence Inn. no restaurants but a Caterer is available

DC over the weekend is cheap but the weather is well its winter time, but at least you have your choice of some really nice Full Service Hotels

Vegas has a La Quinta suites next door to a shul but its far from the strip and far from being cheap, could get some nice rooms at teh top hotels for the same $$

lots of places in Israel that could work. also NYC and Philly.

SanDiego1K Jan 10, 2008 3:54 pm

I used to have a rep come from Israel who kept Kosher and observed the Sabbath. He would move into the La Jolla Residence Inn on Friday afternoon, as he could walk to temple from there.

I believe that Adat Yehurun is orthodox. Here are the walking directions from Marriott Residence Inn and the Sheraton (formerly a Radisson). Further away are the La Jolla Marriott and the Hyatt.

There is also a conservative synagogue, Beth-El.