Hag kasher v'sameach to all.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
So any interest in the Jew-DO??
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
So any interest in the Jew-DO??
First let's agree on a hechsher. If we can agree to that, time and place will be easy-pickle.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam-i-am
First let's agree on a hechsher. If we can agree to that, time and place will be easy-pickle.
In your dreams!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:11 am

Jew DO

Pardon my ignorance, but I have read the entire thread, and I have no idea what 'DO' means. Would anyone care to explain me.
Yaasher Koach!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henryr
Pardon my ignorance, but I have read the entire thread, and I have no idea what 'DO' means. Would anyone care to explain me.
Yaasher Koach!
Basically, a DO is a get-together of a number of FTers. That's it in a nutshell, but I'm sure there will people who will get angry at me for not giving enough of a description. Sorry to all of you. That's the best I can do...I've never actually been to one. That's why the interest in the Jew-DO

This should help to explain to you (and to me ) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ertalk-do.html

Shabbat Shalom!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Yaasher Koach!
A far better question would be if there exists a venue whose hashgacha could possibly satisfy enough members so that a "do" could be held with at least a minyan mentschen from this forum.

Shabbat Shalom!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: ly os lh bmi
hi

also me and my mom we are shomar shabbat and shomar shabbat flyers
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
A far better question would be if there exists a venue whose hashgacha could possibly satisfy enough members so that a "do" could be held with at least a minyan mentschen from this forum.

Shabbat Shalom!
Well, just get a heimeshe hashgacha that also has the OU, plus a mashgiach tmidi, and we should be set to roll
Old May 2, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: Marriott -Lifetime Platinum. A3 Gold (ex-Aeroplan-E50), Skymiles Gold, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
Count me in.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:14 pm

Well, just get a heimeshe hashgacha that also has the OU, plus a mashgiach tmidi, and we should be set to roll
Oh yeah? This "mashgiach tmidi", what kind of hat (if any) does he wear?
The only way this will work, would be BYOC. (Bring Your Own Cholent)

Last edited by sam-i-am; May 13, 2010 at 9:27 am
Old May 18, 2010, 10:47 am

Shabbat Shalom!
Well, of course there has to be the DO "that we don't go to." I'll go to the breakaway DO after the big fight.
Chag Sameach!
Old May 21, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott -Lifetime Platinum. A3 Gold (ex-Aeroplan-E50), Skymiles Gold, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
Depending on where this DO might take place, and based on my (limited, personal, and possibly subjective) observations, two restaurants to be considered may be the chabad-run place in Bangkok, and La Carne in NY. At both of these, I have consistently observed every conceivable brand of Orthodox Jew eating- plus the food was very good. BKK is a bit more expensive to get to, but a 4-course meal with wine will run about $15, so that may offset the higher fare....
Old May 21, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by sam33
Depending on where this DO might take place, and based on my (limited, personal, and possibly subjective) observations, two restaurants to be considered may be the chabad-run place in Bangkok, and La Carne in NY. At both of these, I have consistently observed every conceivable brand of Orthodox Jew eating- plus the food was very good. BKK is a bit more expensive to get to, but a 4-course meal with wine will run about $15, so that may offset the higher fare....
That will never do. What is needed is a suitable venue providing six separate animals, onsite schechita with different shochtim available according to your preferences, and assortment of mashgichim.

I'll have the fish.
Old May 25, 2010, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by sam33
Look more closely -- some of us are actually Conservative, not Orthodox.

That will never do. What is needed is a suitable venue providing six separate animals, onsite schechita with different shochtim available according to your preferences, and assortment of mashgichim.

I'll have the fish.
A 7th animal space, please -- I'll be bringing my own shochet with me. (His shoulder is healed from that altercation with the angry steer from 2008...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.