Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:18 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
...Look Adam, apparently you're a lawyer. So I'm sure I'll never convince you of anything. However, I think it's disingenuous for a hotel chain to say "With our Best Rates Guarantee you can book any hotel at radissonblu.com and be confident you are receiving the best hotel room rate available on the web – guaranteed." (bold emphasis mine)...
The meaning of such a BRG is pretty clear. And a honest company shall honor it's promisses or not offer such a BRG at all. Adam's strange view at this point is not relevant. It is an remains a scam if the company cheats its customers.

They do state that "Package rates that include the room and other components such as meals, amenities and entertainment." are ineligible....
The term "package rate" in the hotel industry does typically not describe a rate where something is included in the room rate "e.g. ten days free parking, dinner on the day of arrival, free massage, etc". "Bed & Breakfast" rates do not fall under the definition of a "package rate".

...I however vote with my $'s and do not stay at their chain unless it's the only hotel in town.
This vote is a smart vote and it is also my vote. But we are too small money spenders to influence the wrong business methods of that company.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
...those who want to rant against the program....
To discredite critical voices is not a smart way of discussing. I doubt that people here want to rant against the program. People rather want the operators of the program to stick to the rules and to conduct fair business. We all want to stay in Club Carlson hotels but we want to have ethically correct business practice, i.e. always the lowest advertised prices.

Last edited by TallestHotelInJapan; Nov 11, 2013 at 12:55 am
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Just saying "it is a scam" "they are false advertising" on here is not constructive criticism.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:34 am

And TallestHotel you are the biggest anti-CC troll on here.
I refuse to accept you are being "cheated" out of anything based on what you have posted about your actual disagreements. You have not paid for anything you did not receuve. You were unable to take advantage of a generous promotion.
I did not discredit you because you were critical, but because your rhetoric and rants are so angry they show little consideration of facts. I meanwhile suggested it is fine for people to express these rants, but it is perhaps better suited to be separated from people actually trying (and succeeding, as I did yesterday again) to utilize this very generous promo club carlson runs.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
And TallestHotel you are the biggest anti-CC troll on here.
I refuse to accept you are being "cheated" out of anything based on what you have posted about your actual disagreements. You have not paid for anything you did not receuve. You were unable to take advantage of a generous promotion.
I did not discredit you because you were critical, but because your rhetoric and rants are so angry they show little consideration of facts. I meanwhile suggested it is fine for people to express these rants, but it is perhaps better suited to be separated from people actually trying (and succeeding, as I did yesterday again) to utilize this very generous promo club carlson runs.

Dude, keep calm, polite and stay to the facts! Mind, the discussion is about CC BRG.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Dude, keep calm, polite and stay to the facts! Mind, the discussion is about CC BRG.
You have made similar comments about nearly every BRG program in existence in the past few months, suggesting you are someone who looks for BRGs, and finds them all to be horrendous. These are facts which lead me to extend little credibility to your complaints about BRGs.

"No other way. Hilton BRG shenanigans are famous. They made me avoiding Hilton hotels." http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21763082-post1129.html

"Back to the other topic, Marriott shenanigans wrote me: "Thank you for your additional inquiry regarding Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee."
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21484351-post464.html

"My guess: NOTHING will happen. Kempinski and other GHA hotel chains are very unattentive towards BRG claims. Not answering is their standard. What was your experience?" http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21484799-post10.html

"Whilst I am a big supporter of SPG I think they are going the wrong way with the "new BRG rules". The rules were very clear in the past. One time 2'000 points only. Everyone could undertand the rules." http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l#post21729631
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Please refrain from taking this thread off topic by getting into name-calling and other counterproductive back-and-forth! Let's discuss successful and unsuccessful BRGs, along with BRG strategy!

--jpdx, CC Moderator
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I recently got an approved BRG Claim for the Park Inn By Radisson at Shannon Airport.

My rate was lowered from €72 to €42, however when I view the booking on the website the rate shows up as €0,00. I'm guessing I haven't just scored a free night? Or will the staff know about the new rate of €42?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:45 pm

that happens a lot with Carlson BRGs. very rarely people have ended up with free nights, but there should be a note somewhere on the rez saying what the rate should be.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:19 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
that happens a lot with Carlson BRGs. very rarely people have ended up with free nights, but there should be a note somewhere on the rez saying what the rate should be.
I see, yes I noticed the note in the reservation now. But will I at least earn CC points as per the paid rate, when it's shown as €0,00?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:13 am

so long as you actually pay, yes. if it doesn't post automatically, just submit a request online after. hold onto your receipt just in case.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 4:48 pm

BRG Cancellation Policy?

Has anyone been denied for the cancellation time?

Upon researching your claim, we determined that the cancellation
policies are different; therefore, we are unable to approve the claim.

Our cancellation policy states you can cancel by 6 PM (Hotel Time) on
the day of arrival, and there is no penalty.

The cancellation policy on www.kayak.com states cancel by 10 PM Hotel
Time on 03/10/14 to avoid penalty.

I found the Radisson Shanghai New World for $85 (with cancellation) on Kayak while it's $253 (Best Available with cancellation). But got shot down cause the cancellation policy differs by 20 hours.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:30 pm

yes. this is a common, straightforward application of the rules
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Successful BRG claim on Radisson Blu Sky City Stockholm, Sweden

We appreciate your submission of a Best Rates Guaranteed claim.

Unfortunately, we are unable to compare a rate in Swedish Krona to a
rate in Euros. We switched the currency on hotels.com and it showed a
rate of 1382.66 SEK per night including tax.

We researched your claim and confirmed a lower rate on another website.
Your rate is now SEK 1037 per night, which includes a 25% discount and
tax. This email serves as your confirmation for the Best Rates
Guaranteed. Your confirmation number ******* will remain the same.
Please keep this information for your records.

-->

This was a first time I used BRG and happily enough it was success. I compared Euro rates but seems that instead denying it, they switched the currency to Krona in hotels.com to get equal price as the hotel prices in official web pages are in Krona.

This is a family room for three. Original price in Radisson website was 1465 SEK.

BRG claim was handled very quickly, under 2h at evening time.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I had to make last minute plans to attend a funeral in NorCal on Tuesday and tried to BRG a CC hotel for 3 nights (as a CC Gold) where clubcarlson.com's lowest rate was $102 a night and all the OTAs Expedia, Travelocity etc. had a flexible/refundable rate of $79. CC denied it based on a theoretical 2 hour difference in cancellation deadlines, so I cancelled my refundable reservation and booked a prepaid one through one of the OTA's for $57 per night.

I like CC, their points and elite benefits, but it's very hard to justify spending 79% more to book through CC instead of an OTA. I am quite displeased with CC and how they handled the issue; sitting on the BRG until their 48 hour before check in date deadline passed and denying it based on the strangest understanding of "same rate rules and/or restrictions" I've ever encountered resulting in the hotel getting less money, CC getting nothing and me having to go through a huge hassle and getting no benefits as a CC elite.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I had to make last minute plans to attend a funeral in NorCal on Tuesday and tried to BRG a CC hotel for 3 nights (as a CC Gold) where clubcarlson.com's lowest rate was $102 a night and all the OTAs Expedia, Travelocity etc. had a flexible/refundable rate of $79. CC denied it based on a theoretical 2 hour difference in cancellation deadlines, so I cancelled my refundable reservation and booked a prepaid one through one of the OTA's for $57 per night.

I like CC, their points and elite benefits, but it's very hard to justify spending 79% more to book through CC instead of an OTA. I am quite displeased with CC and how they handled the issue; sitting on the BRG until their 48 hour before check in date deadline passed and denying it based on the strangest understanding of "same rate rules and/or restrictions" I've ever encountered resulting in the hotel getting less money, CC getting nothing and me having to go through a huge hassle and getting no benefits as a CC elite.
In this case I would just have booked another hotel in another chain and let them know why...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.