Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:30 am

Dont know if Radisson cares about the experience folks have with such lethargic BRG team. Submitted one on Aug 3 still waiting for confirmation ... even mailed after 48 hr window but no response.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by piblo
Pathetic has been the answer to my claim, last night I received, 6 days later, the negative response that my claim has not been approved for sending it out of the established period of 24 hours from booking, when the truth was that I sent the claim exactly 3 hours after the booking.

Now to protest and wait...6?...14 days? when my stay claimed is within 3 weeks
My case in the end I was lucky, I received the response from Radisson apologizing for the error in the initial response and accepting my claim of Best Price guarantee.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:45 am

I suppose it's only fair that I post the follow up to my claim:

We are currently experiencing a higher than normal email volume and answer emails in the order they are received, that is why it took longer than expected to reply to your email.
The Best Online Rate Guarantee is not meant to make our members frustrated or contempt and I apologize if you feel that way.
In addition, booking directly with Radisson allows you to earn loyalty points, your room type is guaranteed, and we are able to assist in making adjustments to your reservation.
As a goodwill gesture for the delay in our response, I have awarded your Radisson Rewards account
Even ignoring the errors such as getting my name wrong at the top of the email, this still leaves Radisson at the bottom of my list.

If I can get the same room significantly cheaper, and if I can't confidently book direct without having to check prices elsewhere, and given that there are no guaranteed benefits for a gold member other than a bottle of water and 15% off F&B, then Radisson is at the bottom of my list.

I _may_ get an upgrade by booking direct, but in my experience this rarely happens. If I can get a better room cheaper at a 3rd party then I can easily beat the value of that free water and a few points.

Knowing that you will not pay more by booking direct should be the bedrock of any hotel loyalty scheme, especially when the benefits of direct booking are mostly not guaranteed.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The results sound pretty dismal in this thread. I submitted a claim and am waiting to hear back. I realized that I need to adjust the length (take out a day). Do you think that (if approved) I'd be able to modify it later without losing BRG?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by milesforhire
The results sound pretty dismal in this thread. I submitted a claim and am waiting to hear back. I realized that I need to adjust the length (take out a day). Do you think that (if approved) I'd be able to modify it later without losing BRG?
You can't adjust a BRG later. (i.e. change arrival or departure date) You can cancel the whole thing if the original rate permits.
milesforhire likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: RadissonRewards Platinum
Three bookings - three claims - no answer.

48 h after the claim I sent three mails with the old fashioned documents - no answer.

14 days later I complained that I get no answer on my BORGs - no answer.

The Radisson BORG seems to be nothing more than a joke!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ___B___
Three bookings - three claims - no answer.

48 h after the claim I sent three mails with the old fashioned documents - no answer.

14 days later I complained that I get no answer on my BORGs - no answer.

The Radisson BORG seems to be nothing more than a joke!
Actually the entire Radisson Rewards scheme is a joke.

Even if I wanted to stay at specific Radisson Blu hotels, I'd probably book them these days via hotels.com...
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I now cant even get the website to allow me to submit a claim, trying different browsers. Anyone have this issue?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:25 pm

Wasn't working for me either. I asked their twitter account and they told me to email [email protected]. Submitted all the information on their online form + added a screenshot. Took 48 hours to get a response of a denial because they claimed they couldn't reproduce the rate and my screenshot didn't have the confirmation screen which showed taxes.

The rate was fluctuating, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that the rate was the same as their website when they finally checked it some 2 1/2 days later. When I checked it again later that night, it had gone up since my original claim but still was lower than the rate I booked. I screenshoted the hell out of it and sent it in again. 2nd time got a response after around 24 hours and it was approved! Just be persistent and expect a slow response...
Old Jun 14, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, M&M FTL, AZ Ulisse
are you experiencing also a problem in sending the BRG request?
I filled in every required field but when i click on "send" it doesn't do anything!
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:33 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by DevilCheese
Wasn't working for me either. I asked their twitter account and they told me to email [email protected]. Submitted all the information on their online form + added a screenshot. Took 48 hours to get a response of a denial because they claimed they couldn't reproduce the rate and my screenshot didn't have the confirmation screen which showed taxes.

The rate was fluctuating, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that the rate was the same as their website when they finally checked it some 2 1/2 days later. When I checked it again later that night, it had gone up since my original claim but still was lower than the rate I booked. I screenshoted the hell out of it and sent it in again. 2nd time got a response after around 24 hours and it was approved! Just be persistent and expect a slow response...
^ I reached out to the twitter team, asked to send email and claim was approved based on screenshot in February. BRG was approved in a day.
Originally Posted by FlyingFrancesco
are you experiencing also a problem in sending the BRG request?
I filled in every required field but when i click on "send" it doesn't do anything!
^had same issue with the "send" button. Just reach out to the twitter team, they will create a case for you and ask you to email all details for approval
Old Nov 11, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: aeroplan/avios
third time no response.

This is the third time i submitted a claim. First 2 times in my previous bookings when i didnt get a response I let it go. But this time there is a 30% difference and I wanted to get a response. 60hours have passed. Messaged on twitter and they also want m to wait upto 5 days. The price online has also increased (still below the one i booked on radisson). I am guessing they purposely wait it out with no responses.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 3:20 pm

Just had a claim denied using Expedia. Rate was $100/night lower but they denied it because the Expedia booking could be cancelled one day later than the Radisson booking. Everything else the same. Guy said they have to be “exactly” the same. I said wait the competing rate is exactly the same except better on price and very slightly better on cancellation.. How is that a “guarantee”? He said go pound sand, a bit nicer than that.

What an absolute sham. Seems close to fraud.
the810 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Originally Posted by lkar
Just had a claim denied using Expedia. Rate was $100/night lower but they denied it because the Expedia booking could be cancelled one day later than the Radisson booking. Everything else the same. Guy said they have to be “exactly” the same. I said wait the competing rate is exactly the same except better on price and very slightly better on cancellation.. How is that a “guarantee”? He said go pound sand, a bit nicer than that.

What an absolute sham. Seems close to fraud.
Exactly the same experience. Stupid waste of time
the810 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
Exactly the same experience. Stupid waste of time
The reason that it really is annoying is that if you look at the regular players in the online travel agency world, it is very clear that they are given very free clearance to underprice Radisson so long as they make a very minor difference. At least there is sure a lot of evidence that is happening. It's one thing to make a genuine effort to police online agencies and then have a BRG program to back it up. It's another to give your customers assurance that booking direct is the best way to go when it's a very open secret that you allow OTAs to undercut.

I guess if I start making a stand by not using travel companies that are a little big shady I'll have nobody to fly or nowhere to sleep. But even Marriott isn't this brazen. Not really much left to the idea of "loyalty" programs I'm afraid.
the810 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.