Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by fassy
Let's see... I have submitted a BRG yesterday. So far nothing, just the rate on Expedia (60% of the official one) is gone now
Why the hell do you think they take 2-5 days to reply! :P
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:42 am

So, got a decision "denied". But not since the rate expired and they didn't found it. No, since I did not book the cheapest rate on Club Carlson - which of course would have been non-refundable/non-changeable compared to the full flex rate?!

They even claimed that they offer the same rates as Expedia and when I checked Expedia was still cheaper... not that much but still cheaper.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
So, got a decision "denied". But not since the rate expired and they didn't found it. No, since I did not book the cheapest rate on Club Carlson - which of course would have been non-refundable/non-changeable compared to the full flex rate?!

They even claimed that they offer the same rates as Expedia and when I checked Expedia was still cheaper... not that much but still cheaper.
Old story mate!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:30 am

After complaining and sending in proof again the claim was accepted within minutes. New rate is Expedia - 25% (around 100€ now, rack rate was 200€) which is a quite nice rate for that hotel. Will save my 44k points/per night for another time.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:18 pm

Submitting BPG claims...

In your experience, how long does it typically take to get a response to a BPG claim?

If the price on the competing site changes in the mean time, does Club Carlson accept the screen shots as evidence of lower rates?

Also, is printing the blank claim form and then filling it by hand and then either faxing it or scanning + e-mail the only way to submit a claim?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Hanako
In your experience, how long does it typically take to get a response to a BPG claim?

If the price on the competing site changes in the mean time, does Club Carlson accept the screen shots as evidence of lower rates?

Also, is printing the blank claim form and then filling it by hand and then either faxing it or scanning + e-mail the only way to submit a claim?
Unfortunately, everything will result useless in my personal experience.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:07 am

I was told by the EMEA Team to eMail the claim including screenshots for proof directly to them, so I assume if you're in the US you could do the same.

The problem with the online form is that it doesn't allow to attach screenshots.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:40 am

I was told by the EMEA Team to eMail the claim including screenshots for proof directly to them, so I assume if you're in the US you could do the same.

The problem with the online form is that it doesn't allow to attach screenshots.
By my direct experience some months ago (in the order):

- the fax # does not accept fax (mailbox full!)
- Even if you provide pictures, they require as per T&C that the rate must be bookable at the time of the verification
- they usually take 2-4 days to reply
- if the OTA is not originally pricing in the same currency of the hotel (e.g. hotel prices in CZK but expedia.com prices in USD), well they will refuse your claim, even if expedia and the CC sites offer a conversion tool.

Don't waste too much time.
So everything is "designed" to basically dump 90% claims.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
By my direct experience some months ago (in the order):

- the fax # does not accept fax (mailbox full!)
Oh, there are actually still people around who use fax? I said email... not fax.

- Even if you provide pictures, they require as per T&C that the rate must be bookable at the time of the verification
Not to my experience. The only challenge was to provide proof since the online form did not allow to attach pictures. After sending in the screenshot the BRG was approved minutes later.

- they usually take 2-4 days to reply
True enough for the Online Claim Form. I was told this gets routed to the US, then back to Europe and due to the timezones etc it will cause a significant delay. Anyway after getting in touch with the EMEA team via mail every mail was answered withing a few hours.

- if the OTA is not originally pricing in the same currency of the hotel (e.g. hotel prices in CZK but expedia.com prices in USD), well they will refuse your claim, even if expedia and the CC sites offer a conversion tool.
That is just the basic rule, needs to be the local currency. Currency conversion doesn't work. Can live with that as I just look at the local Expedia site for the hotel or switch booking.com to show rates in the hotels currency. They will most certainly offer the same rate but just in the local currency. This is only an issue for some super cheap offers from some shady OTAs.

Don't waste too much time.
So everything is "designed" to basically dump 90% claims.
In all fairness, all of my claims (I do about one or two a year) where approved for properties in EMEA, also I had to mail two or three times to follow up. For my last claim even the cancellation policy differed by a couple of hours and they didn't fight that - which I expected they would.

Yes, sometimes the process is slow and painful but when you try to save a couple of hundred bucks... it is worth it.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
BRG approved

after 12h response from emeacustomercare:

Dear Mr. schauschun,

Thank you for your email regarding the best online rate (Park Inn By
Radisson Weimar). We would like to advise you that yours is a valid
claim.

We are glad to offer you a rate of:

1) Jul 15- 17 2015: EUR33.00-25%=EUR24.75 per room, per night (breakfast
excluded, VAT included, city tax excluded)
2) Aug 09-10 2015: EUR33.00-25%=EUR24.75 per room, per night (breakfast
excluded, VAT included, city tax excluded)

Confirmation numbers: Jxxxxxx and Jxxxxxx

Room type and occupancy: Standard Guest Room; 2 Adults

Cancellation policy:
Must cancel by 6:00 PM day of arrival.
Late cancels or no shows will be charged 1 night.

original rate on clubcarlson: 66,- €{night
found on www.hrs.de/deals: 33,- €/night
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Boy what a process!

Managed to get my claim approved after several exchanges in which I had to educate the representative on the rules of their own program.

I just love it when they say - look this is what the rule says, and I ask please point it out in the rules, thereafter I have to explain that that is not what the rule actually say.

In the end, no apology, no you are correct - but the rate was adjusted (to my astonishment, I really was going on because it was amusing mostly).
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:15 pm

Can you provide the emea customer care email? Been waiting over 48 hours without a reply.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Can you provide the emea customer care email? Been waiting over 48 hours without a reply.
[email protected]
Old Nov 2, 2015, 3:42 pm

for your experience, does the BRG policy applies to 2 rooms booked under the same reservation name?
e.g. 04/02-07/02 1 Double room (2 ppl: John Reed) + 1 Double room (2ppl: John Reed)
at Radisson Blu Rome?
total price on CC: 196€
total price on booking 187€
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
for your experience, does the BRG policy applies to 2 rooms booked under the same reservation name?
e.g. 04/02-07/02 1 Double room (2 ppl: John Reed) + 1 Double room (2ppl: John Reed)
at Radisson Blu Rome?
total price on CC: 196€
total price on booking 187€
I had a BRG for a 2-room booking (different names but same booking number) approved but why would you book 2 rooms under the same name for the same dates..??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.