Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
In this case I would just have booked another hotel in another chain and let them know why...
There are only three chain hotels in the town, the Marriott affiliated one says it's full (for New Year's eve) and the IHG one needs a renovation. I figure booking the same room for the same three nights through an OTA for less than the expected BRG discounted price says as much about the system being broken as adding 3 more nights to the 35 I spent away from CC this year.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
In this case I would just have booked another hotel in another chain and let them know why...
Exactly what I just did. I had a claim turned down because of a 2-hour difference in cancellation policy. I wouldn't be surprised if the hotels themselves actually use the cancellation policy to avoid BRG claims. But moaning and calling it a scam on Flyertalk doesn't do much good. You simply have to consistently inform CC that they lose specific and repeated business to other chains by doing this...

Luckily, I had another claim approved at the Park Inn Heathrow. I was worried, having read about the breakfast thing, but I had a non-refundable rate claim approved against a hotels.com rate.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
A two hour difference is a reason to decline a BRG request? - Wow! Wouldn't it be more profitable for Club Carlson to honor such claims and have people stay in their hotels instead of "forcing" (potential) clients to stay with another chain?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

we've missed you TallestHotel.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
A two hour difference is a reason to decline a BRG request? - Wow! Wouldn't it be more profitable for Club Carlson to honor such claims and have people stay in their hotels instead of "forcing" (potential) clients to stay with another chain?
I just had one declined for the same reason. I didn't find it unreasonable, since it is accurate. I really don't think that Carlson is "forcing" or even trying to "force" people to stay elsewhere. I think that they are assuming, reasonably, that most people will just book the same hotel at the lower price using the OTA. People that seek out and use BRG's are in a huge minority.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by tatterdema
People that seek out and use BRG's are in a huge minority.
+1
They also rarely represent high-value customers, as many of those who are seeking out and using BRGs at Club Carlson properties have made clear they are doing the same for other chains.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:06 am

I have had CC not respond at all to 2 claims I filed recently; all I got was the system acknowledgement mail with a case number in the subject line.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:59 am

My first BPG Claim at Club Carlson took 55 hours until a response... But it worked without a hassle in the End =D.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by want2fly4less
My first BPG Claim at Club Carlson took 55 hours until a response... But it worked without a hassle in the End =D.
55h to find a reason to deny the claim and they did not find one... you're lucky
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:28 am

55h to find a reason to deny the claim and they did not find one... you're lucky
Or I made my homework .... Or I got a lenient agent
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I think of all the chains CC is the worst, and it is sad, because Club Carlson is one of my favorite chains (Radisson Blu)
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I think of all the chains CC is the worst, and it is sad, because Club Carlson is one of my favorite chains (Radisson Blu)
Thank you for this exciting and enlightening contribution.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:50 pm

How about proofing the offer was actually available on a third party site? I just did two bookings, one on booking.com and one on Radisson.com - feels strange but I would like to get the cheaper rate - if BRG doesn't work out I would have been stuck with the Radisson.com rate.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
How about proofing the offer was actually available on a third party site? I just did two bookings, one on booking.com and one on Radisson.com - feels strange but I would like to get the cheaper rate - if BRG doesn't work out I would have been stuck with the Radisson.com rate.
I'm sorry, can you provide more information? I'm not sure I understand the question. Was this a prepaid booking?

The only way your claim will be approved is if, at the time the Carlson Rezidor agent reviews it, Booking.com is showing the exact room available for a lower price (with the same conditions of booking). If, by that time, the rate is unavailable, your claim will be denied.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:22 pm

That's what I'm asking.

Just booked the room at Radisson.com for ~500€ for 2 nights, booking.com shows the same room with the same T&C for 450€. I'm not sure if I should book on both sites because I don't think the rate on booking.com will stick for up to 48 hours for the Carlson agents to check for it. So, if they won't give me the BRG rate I will have to pay more than I would pay booking through booking.com.

Anyway, i just booked it on booking.com as well - will cancel when they confirm the BRG could be applied.

Also found the same on Expedia.com for 410€ but that would need immediate payment even if the cancelation policy is the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.