Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2014, 11:17 am

Can you post the link to the 66€ rate here? Would be interessting to see what e.g. I would see looking at the site.

Also: Did you gave them the link to the offer or just the general address of the website e.g. only found it on 'expedia.com'
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by shuly
Rate on radisson.com is 120 euro. Rate on a competitor website is 66. Filled in a form and got a response within 12 hours, saying that the rate they found is 130 euro. Checked again and it's still there, 66 euro.

So now they don't have to find one-hour differences in cancelation policy, a different type of room or whatever, they can simply make up the rate they want. From experience I know that sending them screen shots is a waste of time.

Shuly
LOL I sent in screen shots, they replied to me with the same exact screenshot and said the Radisson rate was cheaper. Clearly it wasn't
Old Feb 16, 2014, 4:03 pm

Radisson Best Price guarantee

I thought you got denied due to different booking conditions - which is pretty annoying from a customer's point id vier but understandable?

My last three BRGs were approved without issues.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
I thought you got denied due to different booking conditions - which is pretty annoying from a customer's point id vier but understandable?

My last three BRGs were approved without issues.
That ended up being the second reason. Initially the lady told me it was because their rate was cheaper. I had to sit there and stare at both of the screen shots for 5 minutes just to make sure I wasn't going insane! Once I told them they were wrong they came back with the 2nd reason.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:50 pm

I will say my last one I didn't have any problems with, I was looking back on it and the big difference was I used their online portal to fill out my claim, not emailing them. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Can you post the link to the 66€ rate here? Would be interessting to see what e.g. I would see looking at the site.

Also: Did you gave them the link to the offer or just the general address of the website e.g. only found it on 'expedia.com'
The hotel is Radisson Blu Park Hotel, Athens. Check out March 8-12, single room with breakfast. The Radisson rate is still 120 euro, the lower rate of 66 euro is still available here:
http://www.hoteltravel.com/greece/athens/park.htm

Shuly
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
The hotel is Radisson Blu Park Hotel, Athens. Check out March 8-12, single room with breakfast. The Radisson rate is still 120 euro, the lower rate of 66 euro is still available here:
http://www.hoteltravel.com/greece/athens/park.htm

Shuly
Hotel Travel explicitly states "Hotel rates are exclusive of hotel tax and services." The Club Carlson rate explicitly includes taxes.

Club Carlson has a 95.40 EUR rate with a better cancellation policy, but no breakfast, including taxes.

The Bed and Breakfast rate also includes taxes, and has abetter cancellation policy.

Your claim was properly denied, for these reasons and more!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Your claim was properly denied, for these reasons and more!
My claim was need on the following ground:

The rate that we found on www.hoteltravel.com for your room type
including breakfast was 130.28 Euros including tax, which is higher then
the rate you have booked. Unfortunately we are not able to honor the
claim.
I would have accepted any of the other reasons, but not this.

Shuly
Old Feb 17, 2014, 1:55 pm

My claim was need on the following ground:

I would have accepted any of the other reasons, but not this.

Shuly
I just looked at the Standard Double Room with Breakfast, with the same terms of cancellation as your Club Carlson booking, and it is indeed 130.28 Euro on Hotel Travel. They just didn't explain that the reason they looked at this rate, as opposed to the one you wanted, is that you were trying to compare a rate with a different cancellation policy.
The 66 Euro + tax is not a valid comparison rate.

So your claim was, again, properly denied. The rate with breakfast with the same cancellation policy as Club Carlson's website is 130.28 EUR plus about 4 EUR in taxes/fees.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:32 am

I just looked at the Standard Double Room with Breakfast, with the same terms of cancellation as your Club Carlson booking, and it is indeed 130.28 Euro on Hotel Travel. They just didn't explain that the reason they looked at this rate, as opposed to the one you wanted, is that you were trying to compare a rate with a different cancellation policy.
The 66 Euro + tax is not a valid comparison rate.

So your claim was, again, properly denied. The rate with breakfast with the same cancellation policy as Club Carlson's website is 130.28 EUR plus about 4 EUR in taxes/fees.
Thanks for explaining this.

I'm happy to report that when I asked them to double check they escalated the issue and my claim was approved today. Kudos to Radisson for this, as you rightly noted that didn't have to do it.

Shuly
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: Club Carlson
BORG completed with success!
I am gold status.

Original booking
Subtotal: 1,525.00 DKK Plus applicable Fees and Taxes *
Rate Type: Standard Guest Room
Breakfeast: Not included

BORG
www.amoma.com DKK1120.00-25%=DKK840.00 per room, per night (breakfast included, VAT included)
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: Miles and More FF, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Jet Airways Silver
My BRG has been reject giving the reason that cancellation policy does not match.
Actually the cancellation policy at competent website is better than clubcarlson.com
clubcarlson.com allows free cancellation until 4 days before booked day whereas competent website allows free cancellation until the days of arrival.

Kindly suggest.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by akshayg1
My BRG has been reject giving the reason that cancellation policy does not match.
Actually the cancellation policy at competent website is better than clubcarlson.com
clubcarlson.com allows free cancellation until 4 days before booked day whereas competent website allows free cancellation until the days of arrival.

Kindly suggest.
Alas, you are admitting that the cancellation policies do not match. Even though you think the cancellation policy at the "competitor" website is better, the plain language of the policy allows them to deny on this basis, even if you think that is silly.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:16 am

Even though you think the cancellation policy at the "competitor" website is better,
LOL I have to laugh at this. THINK its better? It is better! You are probably the type of guy that reads the 50 page EULA every time he installs a piece of software too.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by nsummy
LOL I have to laugh at this. THINK its better? It is better! You are probably the type of guy that reads the 50 page EULA every time he installs a piece of software too.
Why the personal attack on him? He responded to your question succinctly and in clear terms on why you were denied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.