Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
That's really ridiculous. Even when the third party site has a better policy, they reject the claim ! I hope you cancelled your reservation and let them know why, and book elsewhere.

CC should be sued for false advertising. They do not offer any BRG and they claim they do offer one, The T&Cs and their application are not reasonable. It is like a shop has a lot of adds saying it sells bottles of coke at 1$, but has only two bottles at 1$ and sells all the other ones at 2$...
Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by zussino
Good for you. Incredible being denied on a breakfast ammenity.
Agreed. I'm actually at the hotel now and it turns out they incude breakfast on EVERY room. That's right - so according to Club Carlson rules, basically this hotel is ineligible for the Best Rate Guarantee since all rates will always include breakfast. I can't imagine this is the only hotel like this. Rather they just have hotels that opt-out of the program rather than deny us 100% of the time. Ridiculous way to run a program IMO.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
That's really ridiculous. Even when the third party site has a better policy, they reject the claim ! I hope you cancelled your reservation and let them know why, and book elsewhere.

CC should be sued for false advertising. They do not offer any BRG and they claim they do offer one, The T&Cs and their application are not reasonable. It is like a shop has a lot of adds saying it sells bottles of coke at 1$, but has only two bottles at 1$ and sells all the other ones at 2$...
Needless to say I did cancel my reservation with Radisson (and explained the reasons for it) and booked a stay from another hotel chain (there is no shortage of 4/5 star hotels in Berlin). Although the T&C's of their so-called "best rate guarantee" require that the terms of the third party booking shall be the same, I am unable to understand what is the point of having a BRG when the actual possibilities for having the rate matched seem to be mainly theoretical. As is, the BRG policy is more likely just to generate more badwill toward Radisson.

All hotels are the same but some are just better than others.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:18 pm

Just found a possible nice BRG at the Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport. I was only looking for one date April 14-15, 2014 and hotelclub.com has it for 80.00 while Radisson is 189.00. Both include free internet. Might be worth a peak.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:28 pm
Used to be 'lohiadk'

Originally Posted by antignos
Just found a possible nice BRG at the Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport. I was only looking for one date April 14-15, 2014 and hotelclub.com has it for 80.00 while Radisson is 189.00. Both include free internet. Might be worth a peak.
I tried this earlier they denied saying hotelclub.com cancellation was 1 day prior while there's is same day.
Wandering if I book a nonrefundable rate and submit the claim will that be valid or not?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by lohiadk
Wandering if I book a nonrefundable rate and submit the claim will that be valid or not?
Never do that (except if you want to pay the price you booked).
Radisson denies 98% of BRG claims, so if you book non-cancellable rate, you are stuck with it.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:49 am
Used to be 'lohiadk'

Never do that (except if you want to pay the price you booked).
Radisson denies 98% of BRG claims, so if you book non-cancellable rate, you are stuck with it.
Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by lohiadk
I tried this earlier they denied saying hotelclub.com cancellation was 1 day prior while there's is same day.

Geez, their BRG program is really frustrating
Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
In my own experience BRG's are still easily possible if you follow the T&C's to the dot. I just had one approved in less than 24 hours for a Radisson in Europe. Fully refundable rate compared to fully refundable on 3rd party site - and yes there are sites out there who sometimes mirror their cancellation policies by the minute.

It just requires a lot more work nowadays cos all chains have considerably tightend up their T&C's for a BRG.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Mora
In my own experience BRG's are still easily possible if you follow the T&C's to the dot. I just had one approved in less than 24 hours for a Radisson in Europe. Fully refundable rate compared to fully refundable on 3rd party site - and yes there are sites out there who sometimes mirror their cancellation policies by the minute.
I call it a scam when 98% of the sites which actually sells rooms cheaper than Radisson.com are "ineligible" for hundreds of silly reasons...

It just requires a lot more work nowadays cos all chains have considerably tightend up their T&C's for a BRG.
Not all chains (ie. Starwood)
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
If you think Radisson denies for "silly" reason I sure would like to hear what you have to say about IHG's BRG...
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:33 pm

If you think Radisson denies for "silly" reason I sure would like to hear what you have to say about IHG's BRG...
This one that I reported is as dumb a reason as any I have experienced for refusing to honor a BRG - not even IHG have come up with this one in my experience. Nor do I see any dots from the Ts&Cs that were not followed in the claim.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20972580-post278.html
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:33 pm

You can always find worse...
However, deny because there is 1h difference in cancellation time, because the currency is different, because the bedding is different (even if the prices are the same on one site), because the description is not word by word the same on the two websites (even if it is clear both are for the cheapest room) because the breakfast is included in both rate (which exclude every hotel where breakfast is always included...) are what I call silly reasons.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
You can always find worse...
However, deny because there is 1h difference in cancellation time, because the currency is different, because the bedding is different (even if the prices are the same on one site), because the description is not word by word the same on the two websites (even if it is clear both are for the cheapest room) because the breakfast is included in both rate (which exclude every hotel where breakfast is always included...) are what I call silly reasons.
agreed! Club Carlson's BRG is absurd. So much so, I don't even bother with this chain anymore (unless I have to). They'd be better off if they didn't have a BRG program. It made me so upset I left the chain - prior to that, I actually sort of like some of their properties.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
I call it a scam when 98% of the sites which actually sells rooms cheaper than Radisson.com are "ineligible" for hundreds of silly reasons...
This man says the truth! Listen to this gentleman!

PS: Count Marriott for outside North American bookings to the same scamers!

That one is the same cheating trash fake BRG program. Not better than Club Carlson!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.