Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Don't forget 10% cash back for Topcashback for Radisson for the promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't forget 10% cash back for Topcashback for Radisson for the promo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ms Cat's Travel
I'm in the same boat as you. None of my reservations are showing up (yet), but I see them in the missing claims section. However, it's only been about 10 days since my stay, so I will wait a few more days before I begin to worry.

In comparison, I stayed at the Intercontinental the same weekend and it tracked instantly and showed up as pending the day I checked out.
I haven't made any stays yet but it seems my reservations should show up on the cashback website?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
I haven't made any stays yet but it seems my reservations should show up on the cashback website?
In theory, I believe it should show up, but in actuality I don't believe it will. According to the TopCashBack website (as mentioned a few post back) they're having problems with stays booked between May 31 - June 21. So if nothing post to your account after you've completed your stays just submit a cash back claim for each one.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:59 pm

I can't even submit a claim because when selecting a merchant and then an 'order date', my stays aren't even populating the dropdown box.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by infamousdx
I can't even submit a claim because when selecting a merchant and then an 'order date', my stays aren't even populating the dropdown box.
So, it shows you 'Radisson' in the merchant drop down box, but no dates in the order box?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:40 am

Radisson link or Park Plaza link???

Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
Thanks all for sharing!! I interpret the blog post as saying that all Club Carlson brand bookings are eligible for 10% cash back if you book through the Radisson link and make sure to search on all Carlson properties. If you click through on the Park Inn or other links, it would appear that you only get 5% cash back. . .
I need to book a park plaza hotel. should I book through radisson link or park plaza link? if topcashback is give 10% back on all club carlson hotels, it should include park plaza too. but as a separate park plaza link exist, would I be obliged to use it? any experience?

Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by maplenight
I need to book a park plaza hotel. should I book through radisson link or park plaza link? if topcashback is give 10% back on all club carlson hotels, it should include park plaza too. but as a separate park plaza link exist, would I be obliged to use it? any experience?

Thanks!
When cashback was showing 5% Country Inn and Suites and 10% Radisson, I used the Radisson link to book Country Inn & Suites. CI&S later changed to 10% before my stay and I got 10%. YMMV.

Last edited by IkeEsq; Jun 29, 2012 at 8:28 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: TopCashBack
Hello, and apologies, from TopCashBack

Hi everyone,

My name's Natasha and I look after TopCashBack.com.

FlyerTalk has kindly given me permission to respond to your comments, so I would like to keep you abreast of what has happened, what the current state of play is and what we are doing to remedy a hitch with a batch of transactions and stays that were made through our Radisson and Country Inns & Suites pages.

This is a message we are sending out to all members who have made bookings via our Radisson and Country Inns & Suites pages since May 14th:

Hi there,

We're contacting you as we noticed you made at least one booking with Radisson and/or Country Inns & Suites since May 14th and we want to keep you fully informed about a small hitch that occurred with these merchants.

The hitch happened between June 7th and 21st, resulting in any transactions/bookings made and/or completed stays during this time with these merchants automatically showing in TopCashBack accounts, and remaining, at $0 or declined.

All other bookings with completed stays outside of this period should not be affected and should show at 10% cashback once your stay has been completed. If your transaction and stay occurred outside of this time frame but is not showing as expected, please submit a claim to us through your account.

The blip was ironed out on June 22 and the hoteliers have promised that ALL valid bookings and stays during June 7th and 21st will still have their cashback honored. We have been working hard to organize a way to ensure our affected members are paid their cashback as seamlessly as possible and we will write back to you as soon as the method has been finalized. Hopefully it will simply be a case of the cashback automatically updating in members’ accounts.

Please accept our apologies for this hiccup in service and the delay in relaying it to you. We appreciate your patience very much and will send a message with an update soon. Due to the 4th July holiday it may take until the end of next week to hear back from the businesses concerned, but we will give you further details – hopefully with final, very positive, information - as soon as possible.

Very best wishes,

The TopCashBack Team

I'm very sorry for any frustration, annoyance or worry that's been felt, and that it's take longer than I would have liked to get a full picture of not only what's happened, but how we will resolve getting the missing cashback to affected members.

As soon as we know how or when the funds will be reaching members, we will send out another message to accounts and I will post the update in this thread too.

I did read in this thread that a couple of members were concerned that they had booked and stayed at Park Inn hotels but their cashback hasn't appeared. It was confirmed to me verbally and in writing that Radisson, Country Inns & Suites and Park Inn bookings made via Radisson's link would all earn cashback. If you have not found this to be the case with Park Inn, please submit a claim to us (to avoid confusion, the merchant name you will have to select in the claims drop-down list is Radisson) and we will take a look at what's happened.

I hope this information helps to alleviate your concerns, although I'm sure the best way for that to happen is when you see that the cashback has appeared and is ready for withdrawal. If allowed to, I'm happy to batch-answer any further questions you may have in this thread over the coming weeks.

Many thanks for reading this,

Natasha
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:16 am

Data points

5/25/2012 Park Inn - Never showed up on TCB, submitted claim yesterday.
5/26/2012 Country Inn - CB showed up promptly and payable last week or so.
5/27/2012 Park Inn - Never showed up on TCB, submitted claim yesterday.
6/16/2012 Radisson - Shows Pending with $0.
6/23/2012 Country Inn - Shows Pending with proper amount.

In addition, I show two referrals - one for my Wife's Country Inn, which appeared pending at the same time her CI&S showed pending and became payable a couple weeks back and one from the Conga, which just showed up.

I just got an email from TCB, which notes in relevant part:

The hitch happened between June 7th and 21st, resulting in any transactions/bookings made and/or completed stays during this time with these merchants automatically showing in accounts, and remaining, at $0.

All other bookings and completed stays outside of this should not be affected and should show at 10% cashback once your stay has been completed.

The blip was ironed out on June 22 and the hoteliers have promised that ALL valid bookings and stays during June 7th and 21st will still have their cashback honored.
With the $20 for referrals, this has been a decent deal even if the Park Inns don't post. I have one more Radisson stay booked and will continue to use this for the Park Plaza stays as well and hope for the best.

If all of the cashback and points post, my wife and I should get ~412,000 CC points from these promos for ~$628 (.15 cents per point) which includes 5 stays we needed to make anyway and one which was a mini-weekend vacation. Not too bad.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
As for me, one stay in May is already paid, the other, this month, is "waiting for merchant"
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by TopCashBack
I hope this information helps to alleviate your concerns, although I'm sure the best way for that to happen is when you see that the cashback has appeared and is ready for withdrawal. If allowed to, I'm happy to batch-answer any further questions you may have in this thread over the coming weeks.

Many thanks for reading this,

Natasha
Natasha:

Thank you very much for coming here and explaining a bit about what is going on. Yesterday, I submitted claims on two Park Inn stays from May and I am also waiting on cashback from one Radisson stay during the Period of Troubles. So far I have been impressed with the response to my claims and general information concerning the status of all of my cashback.

More than anything it is how companies deal with problems that defines how customers regard those companies. I think a lot of people here joined TCB because of the Radisson promotion and if issues are resolved satisfactorily then you will have a lot of happy new customers. My impression to date is that TopCashBack is more like FatWallet, who have always gone to bat for me, and far less like Cartera, who actively screws their customers.

Again, thank you for coming here to let us know that TCB is working on the problems. I hope you will return regularly with updates, even if the update is no more than that TCB and Radisson are still working on the problem.

As an aside, can you confirm that Park Plaza reservations booked through the Radisson website will also earn 10% cashback, especially given that they are also now running a BigNightGiveaway promotion? Thank you!

Ike
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: TopCashBack
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Natasha:

Thank you very much for coming here and explaining a bit about what is going on. Yesterday, I submitted claims on two Park Inn stays from May and I am also waiting on cashback from one Radisson stay during the Period of Troubles. So far I have been impressed with the response to my claims and general information concerning the status of all of my cashback.

More than anything it is how companies deal with problems that defines how customers regard those companies. I think a lot of people here joined TCB because of the Radisson promotion and if issues are resolved satisfactorily then you will have a lot of happy new customers. My impression to date is that TopCashBack is more like FatWallet, who have always gone to bat for me, and far less like Cartera, who actively screws their customers.

Again, thank you for coming here to let us know that TCB is working on the problems. I hope you will return regularly with updates, even if the update is no more than that TCB and Radisson are still working on the problem.

As an aside, can you confirm that Park Plaza reservations booked through the Radisson website will also earn 10% cashback, especially given that they are also now running a BigNightGiveaway promotion? Thank you!

Ike
Hi Ike,

You are more than welcome.

Your Park Inn stays will certainly be investigated to see what's happened with its tracking in its entirety, and I'm hoping that your Radisson cashback will automatically update once everything is worked out.

I will most certainly return as frequently as possible.

With regards to Park Plaza; I would suggest you work on the assumption you will get 5%. When I liaised with Radisson/its agent I specifically asked whether all bookings with Radisson, Country Inns & Suites and Park Inn would track via the Radisson link, and at its rate, in my email. I was told they would. Because I didn't specify Park Plaza, and especially as there seems to be a faux pas with Park Inn, my best guess is it will be 5% as per its own TCB page. I will clarify this with Radisson when I speak to the team next week though. It would be wonderful to come back to you with 180 degrees news, but please don't wait for an answer if that means you're gambling with missing out on being one of the first 20,000 to take up the Ultimate Night Giveaway offer.

Many thanks for communicating with me,

Natasha
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:16 am

Update

Update:

At 12:33 EDT I got notification that my Radisson stay from 06/16 was credited and I checked the TCB site and confirmed that it was, in fact, credited properly.

I'll patiently await the findings on Park Inn. My Park Plaza stay isn't for another month and change so I'll probably just wait on booking that until after it is determined if it is 5% or 10% We are already registered for the promo.

Thanks!

Ike
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:16 am

I just got an email stating that several of my transactions have been updated. Upon logging in, it looks like all the correct stays are pending with actual value (not $0)! This is looking up...
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:18 pm

My stay was May 21, so before the date range where the "hitch" occurred. Transactions show up with $0 cashback.

I assumed it was because I did a BRG on the stay, but I see that some posters have gotten cashback on their BRG'ed stays. So I've filed a claim and will give it a shot. In my ClubCarlson account, the stay shows up as $0 as a result of the BRG though. Don't really have high hopes on this one.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I just received the e-mail also.
I can't tell if it is a "hitch", "blip", or "hiccup".
There are two missing for me, I expect it will work out.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Jun 30, 2012 at 5:57 pm Reason: sp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.