Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Rifter
I won't be taking QR economy until this (maybe never?) changes.
I have never flown QR in economy and don't think I ever will (perhaps maybe in a life and death situation).

I don't think they would be any better than average in Y, particularly on their densified 777's. EK would have to beat them hands down on 777's (but neither would be a great option). And QR's lounge shenanigans leave me cold.

I just wonder where QR is heading, and when it will get there.
Abyssin likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Each to their own I guess but I always go for QR as a first option when flying east from Europe. They beat all carriers hands down in business. WY is decent but just doesn't have the destinations and connections that QR do. Give me Qatar's direct aisle seats then EK and BA's 7 across in Business.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Hi everyone,

Just booked an ARN -USM on QR in mid Feb, after one day on research.... Ok it's not sale but they remain the less expensive and with two daily departures (one normally with Qsuite)from ARN the best.
SQ, EK, LH, TG, OS, BR, BA (my last choice with LX due to the seat and service) were far more expensive, some just asking the double. Got my tkts for 1750 £.
In fact I confess we had boycott Qatar for one year but in fact missed QR
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:21 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Abyssin
Hi everyone,

Just booked an ARN -USM on QR in mid Feb, after one day on research.... Ok it's not sale but they remain the less expensive and with two daily departures (one normally with Qsuite)from ARN the best.
SQ, EK, LH, TG, OS, BR, BA (my last choice with LX due to the seat and service) were far more expensive, some just asking the double. Got my tkts for 1750 £.
In fact I confess we had boycott Qatar for one year but in fact missed QR
Brave when the years biggest sale is usually started within a week from now.

Even QR has to have something reasonable for this, surely?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PxC

Assuming sale starts 17th Jan, is there a chance of getting 25th Jan ticket or it will be too early for promotion to kick in?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Finnair has sale now for flights from Helsinki. Nanjing Chongqing Guangzhou Xian Havanna Puerto plata 1300-1400e RT in biz.

I wish Qatar would launch it's campaigns earlier cause now I gotta use some budget to these flights x)
Richard Bell and Gobber like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:44 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Gobber
Assuming sale starts 17th Jan, is there a chance of getting 25th Jan ticket or it will be too early for promotion to kick in?
Not sure about your question, but I think the sale started Jan 9/10th last year, If you find the article on HFP it may give you answer your Q (for last years anyway)
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Gobber
I'd think about it this way: If there is no sale or if it's not valid for Jan 25, how much will prices increase by Jan 17? After all, it will only be 8 days until departure then.
Is that a risk you're willing to take?
Nobody here has a crystal ball, sorry.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Originally Posted by PxC

I don't expect any sale from QR, there are a promo fare for while actually from ARN but without any space at these fare around my dates.....
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I'd think about it this way: If there is no sale or if it's not valid for Jan 25, how much will prices increase by Jan 17? After all, it will only be 8 days until departure then.
Is that a risk you're willing to take?
Nobody here has a crystal ball, sorry.
not worried about price increase, what worry me - is the risk of buying expensive full fare economy and burning of the upgrade points, and in one week seeing discounted business seats for the price less then original economy. what I was thinking is to recall the January sales from previous years (not that it will be repeated 100%) but may be to understand the usual pattern.

Originally Posted by PxC
Not sure about your question, but I think the sale started Jan 9/10th last year, If you find the article on HFP it may give you answer your Q (for last years anyway)
will dig what HFP is
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
HFP is probably Head for Points, a UK-based frequent flier blog.
I'm not sure about the sales in previous years, but I'm also not sure if there will be a sale at all, if the rules will be the same as last year, or if it will include your destination.
I would probably try to book something flexible (an award ticket for example) if I believed in a sale and was in your shoes, but at the end of the day, only you can make that decision.
I probably wouldn't want to rely on a potential future sale if I had to get a specific destination at a specific date.
Abyssin likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:01 am

Still able to get ARN-SIN in August for £1378 2adults and 2 children average price with a mix of old and Qsuite which is appealing. I'm torn whether to risk holding out for something later in Jan if/when it appears as a sale or otherwise?

Also Sofia SIN for £1295 again 2 adults and 2 children average which seems not bad at all.

Last edited by 225SG; Jan 6, 2019 at 4:41 am
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Totally FAKE sale ex Hong Kong

e-mail on Thursday January 3 announcing fares that are at least 40% cheaper than are actually available!

I know QR often take time to load sale fares but this e-mail is just ridiculous. Man in Y 3310 HK$ - cheapest available any future date HK£5,300+. Same for several other featured destinations.

QR prices for all featured destinations in the email aren't even in the matrix top 20 in any cabin.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:58 pm

I'm considering the ARN-SIN deal. Would appreciate any input on the transit experience at ARN coming from a BA flight to QR please. Looks like terminal 2 to 5. Crucially, is this an all airside transfer? I read something that suggests it is necessary to enter Sweden to transfer between terminals. I'll be doing this in April, and mindful of certain complications for UK passport holders that may exist, I'm keen to avoid EU borders. Any help much appreciated please.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:10 am

I am ready to pull the trigger on SOF-SIN-DOH (stopover)-ARN for 5k EUR for 2 Adults and 2 children, April departure. That is a very decent fare (1250 pp) and hard to imagine that the Global Travel Boutique or whatever its going to be called this year will be better. QSuites to/from SIN, lounge access, yada yada etc etc. Plus, with the double QPoints promo, that nets 240 QPoints, almost enough to re-up for OW Sapphire for another year. Yes, you also get 2x miles with this promo but I think we can all effectively discount the usefulness of QR miles. haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.