Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
For OneWorld -> OneWorld interlining think a lot of it depends on the attitude of the agents... it can be done, so it's extremely frustrating when an agent refuses (without any attempt to even try) to adhere to QR's own policy as described on their website.

I think it shows QR has a real problem with communicating policy to their staff, or at least updating them when things change. For them not to know at DOH, their home airport,is really inexcusable. I really wish I had printed the above link for the agent and his supervisor yesterday.

Mods/Ambassadors: Could we make this thread a sticky with a link to the above URL?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by EvD86
May I ask which route?
ARN-GVA
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Struggles at HND

Arrived early at HND to ensure all was well with my HND-DOH-ARN then ARN-LHR on BA bag check through.

I was the first customer served as check-in opened. At first, the agent and her QR supervisor said it was not possible. Had to insist, saying it’s on the website as a published benefit (of course, lost connectivity at that point - mental note: have image of page on phone!) and that I’d done this from other out stations on many occasions.

Eventually, as I was building up to a DYKWIA moment, it all seemed to resolve itself.

With luck, the bags (and they showed m,e the tag) will make it through to T5 tomorrow.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:57 pm
EdC

Programs: BA Silver, Accor + Hilton Gold, YHA Life member
Success at HAN

No hassle when I asked to check bags through from QR onto a BA ticket at Hanoi. Took three agents a little while to get everything working but they persevered without any suggestion that I was being a pain. Their main concern was that I was booked in economy on my domestic BA flight.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Has anyone had success interlining with Korean Air? I land in Incheon T1 at 5pm and my flight from Incheon T2 is at 8.30pm. It'll be a tight squeeze but I'm hopeful that I will be able to go through everything in the case that QR won't interline my bags, but ofc it'll be better for me if they can interline as I won't have to go in and out in Incheon! I've only ever tried QR > OW so I was wondering if there's been a case of QR interlining with Korean air? Many thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Third Euro airport this year, third time I've really had to push to get check through done. (MUC/BER, and today ZRH).

QR to UL in Colombo. Separate tickets. Agent at ZRH refuses. Show him the QR website that states it is policy, still refuses. Goes to supervisor. She refuses, stating it not possible. Show her website, still refuses. Finally, an Dnata agent is able to make it work.

Why aren't check in agents aware of this policy? Why do I constantly have to push? If it was a one off, I would understand. But it isn't. Not a great way to begin a trip. I have four more trips booked with QR this year, and will need to do this each time.

I should add that the agents in ZRH were friendly and professional (unlike MUC), and eventually made it happen.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Third Euro airport this year, third time I've really had to push to get check through done. (MUC/BER, and today ZRH).

QR to UL in Colombo. Separate tickets. Agent at ZRH refuses. Show him the QR website that states it is policy, still refuses. Goes to supervisor. She refuses, stating it not possible. Show her website, still refuses. Finally, an Dnata agent is able to make it work.

Why aren't check in agents aware of this policy? Why do I constantly have to push? If it was a one off, I would understand. But it isn't. Not a great way to begin a trip. I have four more trips booked with QR this year, and will need to do this each time.

I should add that the agents in ZRH were friendly and professional (unlike MUC), and eventually made it happen.
Your experience is an important reminder that many agents do not know this indeed. The issue is that they are contract staff who deal with plenty of different airlines and of course, you can bet that BA puts a lot more emphasis on knowing that through checking is not allowed with them, than QR to tell them that in their case it is (it's a policy but hardly a priority in their view).
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Not interlinked to separate pn Lufthansa flight

flew DOH-MUC on Qatar (economy paid) and had LH MUC-SFO (award, first) with a 3 hour connection. At check in I asked if they could interline and check me through to SFO, but they wouldnt do it. said they would only interline with OneWorld airlines.

Ended up able to go get my bag, clear immigration/customs, and change terminals at MUC in under an hour so it wasn’t an issue.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: Some
Unfortunately, I was just refused interlining to BA when checking in at BKK with check-in agent citing 'new policy, sorry'; about two months ago I managed to get them to do the same interlining with no issue but this time the agent flat out refused; pushed for her to call the supervisor but still got the same response after she did. Absolutely pathetic as a cash F passenger and QRPC Platinum, really. Wonder if I should make a fuss in DOH but I'm on quite a tight connection so will have very little time unless my flight is early. This may be the last cash QR fare I buy - TBC.

To add insult to injury my flight to BKK somehow has ended up being credited to the waste of time that is QRPC despite having my BAEC number on the boarding pass.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by angeloedades
July 29th - ARN - doing ARN-DOH-AKL on QR then AKL-SYD on QF.

Agent said no interlining of any kind is possible on two separate tickets within OneWorld. I challenge but then gave up knowing that I have booked a 6 hour connection in AKL to land myself and check back in.
Hello, I'm travelling MAN-DOH-AKL on Qatar and then considering booking a redemption flight AKL-SYD on LATAM using BA avios. A couple of questions:

1) What's the latest on OW through checking bags on separate PNRs involving QR and LA?
2) Regarding minimum connection time at AKL, QR is scheduled to arrive 04:05am and LA depart 07:24am, which would be 3hrs 19 mins if both flights on time. Would this be a stupid idea and should I ditch LATAM and go for a later Quantas flight? Problem is that there is no business class availability on QF.

Insight from anyone who's done similar AKL connection greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Icebird

Last edited by icebird; Aug 6, 2018 at 4:21 pm
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
It is QR policy to check thru on separate tickets to other OW carrier. Come armed with the correct info (I print a copy of their website page which states it is their policy). Be prepared to push back and stand your ground. Ask to speak to the actual QR employee of outstations. They usually have at least one working around the checkin desk.

Each time I've tried, I was able to get it done. Sometimes it takes longer. The agents are ALWAYS surprised that it is their policy.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
It is QR policy to check thru on separate tickets to other OW carrier. Come armed with the correct info (I print a copy of their website page which states it is their policy). Be prepared to push back and stand your ground. Ask to speak to the actual QR employee of outstations. They usually have at least one working around the checkin desk.

Each time I've tried, I was able to get it done. Sometimes it takes longer. The agents are ALWAYS surprised that it is their policy.
Thanks Penguinmoon - excellent advice.

Anyone had an experience of connecting int-int in AKL? Just wondered if I’m taking too big a risk by 3:20 hrs connection on separate tickets.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:08 am

If you're talking about connecting from the QR service to a different INT carrier, then even if you had to pick your bags you'll easily make it. The airport is near-deserted by the time QR flight arrives, the immigration doesn't take too long, so you should be golden.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by klausa
If you're talking about connecting from the QR service to a different INT carrier, then even if you had to pick your bags you'll easily make it. The airport is near-deserted by the time QR flight arrives, the immigration doesn't take too long, so you should be golden.
That’s incredibly helpful to know. Thank you very much, klausa!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:03 am

Check through baggage not guarantee

I just completed 1 way of my journey from Singapore to CGK on SQ and a separate ticket from CGK to Milan airport by QR.

the check through baggage did not work even though the check through tag was there. There was no staff waiting for me at the gate to process the next sector boarding pass , having worried that my baggage was left at Cgk airport, i decided to go past the custom to double check my luggage. Indeed it was there!

To caution everyone that in the event you need to retrieve your bag and recheck in at the Jakarta airport. Besure to give at least 4 hours in advance , the queue at the immigration can be extremely long up to 90min. You need to buffer even longer if your inward flight and outgoing flight are located at 2 diff terminals!
kaffir76 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.