Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by giommm
Amazon takes responsibility for items that are sold directly by them. In that case, Qatar Airways sold the flight on their website and indicated on their website and on the emails. They sold me the flight and they misrepresented the class of the flight.

The simple fact there is I booked on http://qatarairways.com/ a flight. Both on the website and on the confirmation emails they clearly wrote that the class would be business class. Once I arrived, it wasn't the case. As I said, I don't care that much about the extra money I paid. What I care about is that if I, as a customer, go and buy something, I expect to receive what I have bought.
And still, how does a Economy PEN-SIN sold as Business differ from a BA Economy EDI-LHR sold as Business UK?

If Business Class really meant as advertised, everyone could probably make a fortune everytime QR sends a non-flatbed seat.

Sure, you could act all slightly unreasonable and take your pickle, but no one (at JQ nor QR) is probably to offer you any form of compensation for your ability to reassure stuff than taking things as granted.

By the way, EU261/2004 most probably doesn't apply here.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by giommm
Thanks, I didn't take a screenshot at the time of the booking, but the email confirmation and the email I received when I selected my seats all show the PEN-SIN segment as Business.
And in all likelyhood you got just that, a business class ticket. That is not limited to being a QR being a wide body cabin as the sole factor. You likelyhood got a ticket that was flexible, and had other perks of a business class ticket.

-A
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: QR Gold
When booking, the initial screen should display this:

gifs upload

When you select the first flight, "Flight and Cabin Features" you get a text saying "This sector is not operated by Qatar Airways"

Furthermore, if you select the flight, going to the next screen "CONTINUE", you should see this:

photo hosting sites

The website clearly says that cabin class is different and that the first sector is operated by (B) Class with Economy in it.

I think you missed this part and just assumed that by clicking the first section you will get an all-business class seat.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:31 am

In contrast, when you book DOH-LHR-EDI with QR in business, LHR-EDI shows as Business (J).
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by QatarA340
When booking, the initial screen should display this:

When you select the first flight, "Flight and Cabin Features" you get a text saying "This sector is not operated by Qatar Airways"

Furthermore, if you select the flight, going to the next screen "CONTINUE", you should see this:

The website clearly says that cabin class is different and that the first sector is operated by (B) Class with Economy in it.

I think you missed this part and just assumed that by clicking the first section you will get an all-business class seat.
QatarA340 - I admire you for going to such lengths to explain this to the OP. I believe you have correctly summarised the situation - I couldn't have explained it better myself.

Even on an all QR itinerary you sometimes get different sectors showing in different cabins (e.g. Business and Economy).
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Analogies never work.

It's unclear what he wants from QR. It doesn't appear that there is a fare difference as he never answered the question about faring, so there's nothing to refund him and QR told him there was a glitch to be fixed.

What else could it do, roll things back in time and provide an aircraft with J?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
QatarA340 - I admire you for going to such lengths to explain this to the OP. I believe you have correctly summarised the situation - I couldn't have explained it better myself.

Even on an all QR itinerary you sometimes get different sectors showing in different cabins (e.g. Business and Economy).
Thanks Phil! ^
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:52 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
I find the replies to the OP's complaint so far quite irrelevant, if not irrational.
The screen shots posted do not reflect the content of the OP's post.
Assuming the OP can produce the email stating the PEN-SIN leg as Business, which I can be confident about due to QR's admission (a glitch) then QR is responsible. Its called false advertising.
As an experienced traveler myself, I notice such errors (glitches) easily.
But the OP is not responsible to determine the accuracy of the description of the product QR is selling.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by LukeO9
I find the replies to the OP's complaint so far quite irrelevant, if not irrational.
The screen shots posted do not reflect the content of the OP's post.
The screen shots are EXACTLY the OP's original flight path PEN-SIN-DOH and EXACTLY the airliners that he traveled on (QR and Jetstar). Therefore, the replies ARE rational and relevant.

The Content of the OP is of course not the same as the screenshot--since the screenshot was made as a mock-booking of what the OP should have seen during the booking process (with different dates and prices). And clearly in more than one instance, the traveller is made aware of a "different class" and of "economy."
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by QatarA340
The screen shots are EXACTLY the OP's original flight path PEN-SIN-DOH and EXACTLY the airliners that he traveled on (QR and Jetstar). Therefore, the replies ARE rational and relevant.

The Content of the OP is of course not the same as the screenshot--since the screenshot was made as a mock-booking of what the OP should have seen during the booking process (with different dates and prices). And clearly in more than one instance, the traveller is made aware of a "different class" and of "economy."
Again, assuming the OP can produce the email mentioned, the screenshots are irrelevant.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:44 am

Again, assuming the OP can produce the email mentioned, the screenshots are irrelevant.
Not really.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
The QR belief, is that the 'Experience' begins once you board the aircraft - not before. While I don't agree with their belief, until they see passenger numbers drop, they are unlikely to change.

Well I for one will be going elsewhere in future as access and egress are just as important to me as the bit in the middle at 38,000 feet

used the old lounge in December and not one I would recommend at all but no lounge at all?
At Bangkok they could not even organise a dedicated First class check in
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by amnicoll
I for one will be going elsewhere in future
Doubly so if you need to maintain your Etihad Gold, presumably
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:26 am

It does seem like there's something fishy going on. The just website is trying to sell me a first class fare on a plane that doesn't even have F while also charging me a F fare but placing my return flight in Y

Last edited by pstation; Feb 8, 2016 at 2:16 pm
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Still comes back to the question of what OP wants?

He got a response to the effect that there is no J and that it was a mistake to be corrected. If there is a fare difference, it ought to be refunded, but others have pointed out that there does not appear to be a fare difference and OP has refused to answer that simple and direct question.

One can only dwell and obsess for so long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.