Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by QatarA340
When booking, the initial screen should display this:

When you select the first flight, "Flight and Cabin Features" you get a text saying "This sector is not operated by Qatar Airways"

Furthermore, if you select the flight, going to the next screen "CONTINUE", you should see this:

The website clearly says that cabin class is different and that the first sector is operated by (B) Class with Economy in it.

I think you missed this part and just assumed that by clicking the first section you will get an all-business class seat.
It's entirely possible that QR has fixed the so called 'bug' in their system, is it not? What you post does not categorically undermine what OP is claiming since you're replicating it after the fact.

Of course it'd be helpful if OP uploaded a full copy of the email, with all the private information redacted instead of an ambiguous screenshot.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond,1.8 MM; AA Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
No. That does not answer the question.

The question is not whether there were alternatives and you chose this one because you thought that there was a J segment when it there is not, but rather whether there is a price difference between what you booked with the Y segment erroneously referred to as J and correctly referred to as Y.

If not, you paid nothing extra, you get nothing back. If you want an apology, you are not going to get one and if you did get one, it would not be heartfeld (air carriers don't have hearts).
He has answered the price difference question, twice. It was around 80 euros.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:15 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
80 euros was the price difference between flying via KUL (in J) and SIN (advertised as J, but actually Y).

We don't know whether there was a fare via SIN which would have been advertised as Y and lower than the fare the OP paid.

EU compensation is not applicable as the flight was not by an EU carrier and was not departing the EU.

If in possession of sufficient evidence, I would approach the issuer of the credit card used to pay for the flight and see what they say. I'm not sure Malaysian authorities will be very helpful.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:44 am

What don't you understand?

Originally Posted by giommm
Hi,

I booked a trip from Penang to Paris with the first leg from Penang to Singapore marked as business class. When I booked online, the Penang to Singapore flight was shown as business class in both the travel itinerary and in the confirmation email. I decided to go back through Singapore instead of Kuala Lumpur because of this.

However, when I arrived in Penang, I was informed that the flight did not in fact have any business class seats. I've contact Qatar Airways but all their response has been was that it was a bug in their system and that they will fix it in the future.

I've answered their email back, telling them that while I booked in good faith, I did not get the service I booked far and that just telling me it was a bug does not absolve their responsibility. So, far no response.

I feel cheated since I chose this specific return flight because of the business trip, I paid a different higher price because of this.

What legal actions can I consider using? I bought this ticket in France so I should be covered by the EU laws.
Give it up. Qatar Airways does not really care a fig about you. Writing to them is a waste of your time. I am sure you have better things to do.

"Whatever it look like....it definitely ain't that." Former Florida Senator George Smathers
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:45 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by FlyingWithers
Give it up. Qatar Airways does not really care a fig about you. Writing to them is a waste of your time. I am sure you have better things to do.

"Whatever it look like....it definitely ain't that." Former Florida Senator George Smathers
Not a particularly helpful comment FlyintWithers.

The OP is entitled to undertake his own actions, but came here for advice.

I think we have, as a collective, provided him/her with a host of suggestions and our recommendations through experience.

Hopefully the OP will report back how they approach the matter.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
less bothered by the Gold status which means very little to me apart from a few more miles per trip - What I really want is the level of service that one would expect in First or business on a consistent basis

At least when Etihad were refurbishing their Heathrow Lounge they arranged alternative lounge with one of their competitors
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
I don't understand this.

1. OP has clearly demonstrated that he was booked in J (his email states Business (I) for the relevant segment). Is anybody disputing this?

2. OP was clearly sitting in Y (for the simple reason that there was no J on his flight). Everybody appears to agree on this point.

So how was OP not involuntarily downgraded?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:52 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by kt74
Really? I call it an involuntary downgrade due to the fact that the OP was sold a business class ticket that QR was unable to fulfil. If QR codeshares with 3K which doesn't have business class, then why does it say business class on the description? If it's a website error that QR has owned up to, then I'm sure, given that it is a journey involving a segment into the EU, that QR won't mind paying the full EU261 downgrade compensation...
No EU261 compensation due as it's not an EU airline, or a flight departing from the EU.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by amnicoll
less bothered by the Gold status which means very little to me apart from a few more miles per trip - What I really want is the level of service that one would expect in First or business on a consistent basis

At least when Etihad were refurbishing their Heathrow Lounge they arranged alternative lounge with one of their competitors
Unfortunately, there are only 2 lounges in T2 at MAN. There's not enough space in the remaining lounge for VS/QR/SQ etc. passengers.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by LukeO9
Again, assuming the OP can produce the email mentioned, the screenshots are irrelevant.
Yep, the screenshots are irrelevant unless you can prove it was exactly what the OP was looking at when he made the booking. Qatar may have already fixed the bug, hence this screen shot could be different than the OPs booking page. As long as OP produces the email confirmation, Qatar doesn't have a leg to stand on and is clearly at fault. Though I do not know what fair compensation would be in this case as it was the shorter segment of a long haul flight
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by LukeO9
What law(s) are you referring to?
Each of the regions you list have comprehensive consumer protection laws.

A false or misleading advertisement is one that confuses or misleads consumers into making a wrong decision with regard to the purchase of goods and services.

We are not talking about suing for damages, since the potential misrepresentation clearly was not due to the seller's intentionally cheating, but compensation appears in order.

I'm not advocating factual assurance here, but certainly none of the posts on this thread so far have been able to categorically dismiss the notion that the OP raises a case of misleading advertising.
Perhaps that was not the clearest, but in this case it is the onus of OP to provide details in full (ie the correspondence between OP and QR) without alterations on his part that will distort the meaning and hence our views of said matter. Which is likely to happen to garner sympathies here.

Until now the OP has failed to do so, insisting on his babble that he bought a Business Class ticket (which might then may not even entail the PEN-SIN section).

It is of much amusement in this thread (and this forum, versus the BA one for example) that most posters do not put the onus of providing said evidence by the accuser, but instead categorically take a sympathetic tone toward someone who may have very well failed to realise, upon booking, that PEN-SIN indeed all along was Y and it was his, and solely his oversight that he's in this pickle and none of QR's business.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
It is of much amusement in this thread (and this forum, versus the BA one for example) that most posters do not put the onus of providing said evidence by the accuser, but instead categorically take a sympathetic tone
Where you see amusement, I see value.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:11 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
Perhaps that was not the clearest, but in this case it is the onus of OP to provide details in full (ie the correspondence between OP and QR) without alterations on his part that will distort the meaning and hence our views of said matter. Which is likely to happen to garner sympathies here.

Until now the OP has failed to do so, insisting on his babble that he bought a Business Class ticket (which might then may not even entail the PEN-SIN section).

It is of much amusement in this thread (and this forum, versus the BA one for example) that most posters do not put the onus of providing said evidence by the accuser, but instead categorically take a sympathetic tone toward someone who may have very well failed to realise, upon booking, that PEN-SIN indeed all along was Y and it was his, and solely his oversight that he's in this pickle and none of QR's business.
And irrelevancy continues on this thread.
Still no categorical dismissal of the notion that the OP raises a case of misleading advertising.
In this particular case, the poster extrapolates by labeling the OP an accuser rather than a seeker of advice, and advocates proof of any event occurring (and presumably proof that the OP is indeed unknowing in relation to the event), before advice is given. Amazing.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: QF plat, CX gold, SQ pps, Ethihad gold, Klm gold, HH gold, spy gold
Question is : I suspect QR website did reflect that the sector is on economy, in fact, QR website is so efficient that when the flights are on different cabins, they always warn you. So there's 2 scenario now : One, OP did not notice the difference in cabin and assumes that if one sector is in business, the other is automatically in J. This can be simply verified by checking against the e ticket sent via the email. The e ticket should reflect class of service sector to sector. If it is proven to be a J class for the PEN-SIN service, then QR must honour it as a genuine mistake and compensate accordingly.
Two , assuming that QR has reflected a difference in cabin offered, but the agent to which OP files the complaint to takes the easy way out to push the situation as a "technical glitch", leading the OP to believe that he is entitled to a compensation, then it is at best the agent fault in giving a false reply. In that case, QR needs to acknowledge this and maybe offer the OP an apology for that.

So, bottomline is, OP needs to check if the eticket indeed reflects the desired cabins.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:16 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Threads like this always descend into arguments when we don't have all of the facts.

So, if you are a lawyer, by all means make legal arguments.

If you are not a lawyer (but think you are), be quiet and do not make assumptions looking to incite drama.

If you are not a lawyer (and know you're not but want to raise a valid comment) please continue to comment.

Until we have further info from the OP, we are all making assumptions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.