Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Velencia, AlexCM does not work with QR anymore and he looks to be irreplaceable as QR has not added a new company rep into the forum (that we know of).

I would also suggets trying to call an office in Europe or U.S. if you can. Last resort, go to an office if you can.
I tried calling the office in my country, but I got a dead end with them. I just called the Doha office and they said they're going to check it through first and give me a call back. So in the meantime, I'm just going to wait for their call.
Thanks kmcbrid2.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I cancelled a refundable ticket 2 weeks ago over the telephone and submitted the online refund request the same day as instructed. It appears normal that I am still waiting for the money and I get no response from QR when I send emails about when I might receive it.

My other concern is that the flights are still shown on the website as 'confirmed'. Is that normal until the refund is processed? I definitely don't want to be marked as a no show if, as seems likely, I haven't received the refund before the date I was due to travel.

EDIT: Contacted QR again. My reservation was not cancelled - No explanation given and they say I can expect refund "within six weeks".

I'm distinctly unimpressed.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jan 23, 2015 at 2:49 am
Old May 26, 2015, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Fan2502
My one and only QR refund last year took over 6 weeks until the credit showed up on my cc account. Furthermore it took Amex another 6 weeks to transfer the credit on my bank account.

The last happened due to a new system and Amex flooded me with MR points as compansation.

QR? .....nothing, not even an excuse.
My current refund was because the Qatar Airways website crashed during a booking. They took two payments. This was early Feb 2015. Its now near the end of May 2015. They said the refund process will take 28-days. 5-months later and still no refund. Advice is don't book on-line with Qatar Airways. Customer service full of excuses i.e. pointing finger to banks and AMEX???
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:10 pm

QATAR/ITALY completely incompetent

We have been advised by the Qatar Airways Italy office that the medical reason and document we provided is sufficient for a medical waiver for the change-fee to be granted, but because the Italy office does not provide medical waivers for the change-fee on refundable/changeable tickets and considers medical waivers only on non-refundable/unchangeable tickets, our request for a medical waiver is denied.

The US/Canada and Doha office advised us to contact the Doha head office as there is no such regulation that exists precluding refundable/changeable tickets from being considered for a waiver of change-fee on basis of an illness which prevents the customer from flying.
But the flight is on the 13th and the Doha office has not responded in 3 days.

After a week of numerous calls to the Italy office and being advised that our case was being considered on a medical basis we were given this above-noted reason for denial. Alessandro, supervisor Italy office indicated he agrees that this regulation should have been communicated right at the beginning so that we did not have to go through the expense of international calls and waste of time and submitting of medical information, when it was not even going to be a consideration but took no action to resolve the situation.

When we requested that the reason for denial with applicable regulation to reference to to be provided in writing, we were told it is not possible.

The staff was resistant to and never put us through to a manager when requested, and told us that the operations manager does not look at these requests, only the supervisor Alessandro and our next option is only via email to the head office.

We had no option but to pay the 100 Euros for the change-fee.

Qatar Airways refers to itself as a 5-star airlines. This status is attained not only by how the customers are treated but via a high standard of client-oriented regulations. It appears Qatar Airways may have a high standard of regulations and customer service but the Italy office is not adhering to it.

Last edited by paranirvana; Jul 10, 2015 at 2:11 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:28 am

Refund process

So I have a one-way B fare(BJR5R1FI) ticket JFK-DOH-SIN on Dec 18 booked through QR's website. I tried calling QR to refund it but the agent said that since it was an internet booking, I had to go through the website. All I can find is a refund request form and so I went ahead and submitted a request. Their response says that they'll process it in a few business days. Do I need to do anything other than this to make sure that I don't get hit with being a no-show fee?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:37 am

I've cancelled further out than this, and they can be a bit slow at refunding. As long as you've emailed them, I'm sure you'll be fine. On one occasion they didn't refund until after the departing flight, annoyingly slow but I wasn't charged a no show fee
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
I've cancelled further out than this, and they can be a bit slow at refunding. As long as you've emailed them, I'm sure you'll be fine. On one occasion they didn't refund until after the departing flight, annoyingly slow but I wasn't charged a no show fee
Thanks! I'm not too worried about how long it'll take, just that I won't be charged a no show fee if they do cancel the ticket after the flight date.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by blahter
Thanks! I'm not too worried about how long it'll take, just that I won't be charged a no show fee if they do cancel the ticket after the flight date.
Just wanted to update: got an email confirming the refund in 2 days. Posted to my credit card a few days after that.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Awful lounge offering at MAN

For those who aren't aware the Escape lounge used by QR is currently closed for a few months for refurbishment although QR have secured what amounts a cubby hole on the same corridor. A few days ago, having tried 2 locked doors, climbed over builders rubble and eventually knocked on the right door to be allowed entry I can confidently predict that I'll be waiting at the gate instead if I need to fly QR from MAN between now and April.

Quite honestly I think QR would be providing their customers with a better service if they just handed out food vouchers for use in the terminal rather than this truly dire alternative.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I don't understand why the don't shift FR out of T3 and put all the OW airlines in T3. QR passengers could then use the BA lounge.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
QR apparently decided that didn't like my booking and just changed it

After lurking on these forum for a while and having flown many times with QR(primarily J fares from SE Asia to Europe) I have decided to post for the first time.

It appears that QR has decided that after sending confirmation of the requested change of return times submitted online, they didn't like the booking and they dropped 2 of the sectors. This is the first time this has happened in the over 150K miles that I travel every year. To my surprise, Qatar did not provide a phone number or way to contact the reservation office with their booking receipt and apparently I need to go to the local office. This is not the most convenient option for those who know Jakarta's traffic. I have tried to contact their UK reservation centre and two times I had people looking into it and acknowledging the mistake. I was told that they had to transfer the query to another department and it would be solved the day after. Well, this has not been the case. I had again tried to contact that office (>35mins on hold), the local Jakarta office (nobody answered after 1hr trying) and resorted to email e-commerce support but still no response.
If this doesn't get solved next week, I'll contact the credit card company and dispute the charge.

I'd be keen to know if anyone has a similar experience or any tips about how to contact Qatar and get this actioned. I now certainly miss BA's GGL line and the prompt resolution to any question that I might throw their way!!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:01 am

They are responsive on twitter.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:50 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Hi reluctant_flyer and welcome to the QR Forum.

I am surprised that the QR office in London were not able to assist, but I have found the best office is the one in Doha. By all means give them a call, and hopefully they will be able to help.

In terms of emailing QR, you should email Qatar Airways Customer Care, who are reachable on: [email protected]

I hope you're safe in Jakarta following the awful recent tragedy, and have a wonderful trip with QR.

Safe travels,

M
Old Jan 16, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: avios, privilege, skywards
Thanks for the information. It answers the question I posted last Sunday.

You did not mention what the name of the alternative Lounge is and what is available when you locate it ?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Some photos would be nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.