Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks for the advice.

I've tried twitter a few days ago with no luck. I probably don't have enough followers to become relevant to QR.

I'll try the Qatar call centre again. Although I still have a bit of time before I fly, I'm starting to get a bit worried by the lack of response from QR.

Even CX that are not renewed by the customer friendly support manage to recover in less than an hour from mistake done during check-in in London. What was supposed to be a 9hr wait in the Wing, ended up in flying in the next available seat to Jakarta with less than 1 hr wait. The blocked the seat next to me in the first row and I received a personal apology by the cabin service director. They managed to turn what was going to be my last flight with them into probably my next choice when travelling to Europe.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 2:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I don't understand why the don't shift FR out of T3 and put all the OW airlines in T3. QR passengers could then use the BA lounge.
There are only about 12 OW departures a day from MAN. Do you really think they'd force Ryanair out of their current terminal for the sake of that?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Quite honestly I think QR would be providing their customers with a better service if they just handed out food vouchers for use in the terminal rather than this truly dire alternative.
That's exactly what VS are doing I'm led to believe.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Bloody hell. Please keep us informed as this sounds like really poor behavious from QR.

Good luck and I hope you get it resolved to your liking.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:30 am

The saga continues. After finally getting a phone number for the e-commerce team, they claim that the problem came up because I tried to change the return trip legs (seems to them something unreasonable on a flexible J fare). Apparently the change did not get confirmed and the booking was automatically cancelled. However, I did get an email confirming the change and 2 sectors of the return trip were changed, and 2 sectors removed from the booking. Not bad for a change that didn't go through. At that point the response was send an email and we'll look into it... Stay tuned, I'll update once the soap opera continues...
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There are only about 12 OW departures a day from MAN. Do you really think they'd force Ryanair out of their current terminal for the sake of that?
The terminal arrangements are a mess.

Whilst there is not enough OW traffic for a dedicated terminal, they could certainly put all the long/mid hauls together in one terminal and build a decent lounge, or even all the full service airlines together. Most of their traffic is LCCs and charters.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by phol
The terminal arrangements are a mess.

Whilst there is not enough OW traffic for a dedicated terminal, they could certainly put all the long/mid hauls together in one terminal and build a decent lounge, or even all the full service airlines together. Most of their traffic is LCCs and charters.
That's pretty much the plan. T2 will be extended to take all the current T1 & T2 traffic, and T1 will then be demolished. T3 will be for LCCs.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by reluctant_flyer
I had again tried to contact that office (>35mins on hold), the local Jakarta office (nobody answered after 1hr trying) and resorted to email e-commerce support but still no response.
Nobody answered cause probably nobody was there. Went to menara BCA the other day and had to wait for 1/2 hr. Btw, I was the only customer. Agent was MIA - the only person around when I arrived was the satpam. I'd like to think it was a one-off occasion ...

Having said that, considering your situation, maybe you should go in person to resolve this. These things are probably easier to resolve in person instead of via email or telephone. Think of it as going shopping/lunch at GI w/ a de-tour to QR sales office ...
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:32 am

Thanks for the advice.

I'm might have to resort to the trip to Menara BCA as I'm trying to avoid it. Mid-day from Simatupang is ok, but getting back after late afternoon is a nightmare.

'm pretty sure that in the office they'll end up reverting to say that only the the e-commerce team can fix this as the booking was done online. I have now submitted three emails to the [email protected] address and they're closing the requests as "solved" without any feedback. I'm astound at the lack of consideration for customers that they are showing.
In parallel, I've disputed the charge with credit card company and I awaiting feedback from their side. Their initial feedback was that the basis for the claim are there, however, they need to evaluate the details.

Beyond that I'm not sure what else I can do now.
In the future, I'll probably give QR a wide berth unless they manage to recover from what's already a bad situation getting worse by the day.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by ronhar
You did not mention what the name of the alternative Lounge is and what is available when you locate it ?
Originally Posted by Andy49
Some photos would be nice
No photos I'm afraid - not sure I would have had room to take them.

I think the lounge might be a section of the original which has currently been retained for later refurbishment. Whatever it is, it's very poor. On the plus side, I returned from DOH yesterday and was pleased to find the scheduled 332 had been replaced by a 788. ^
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:12 am
Suspended

Better or worse than CDG which was a new low for QR when I flew from there? It's pretty funny how CDG is a "prestigious" A380 (and 3x daily) destination and LHR, which is similar has a great QR lounge + the SkyTeam lounge, CDG is stuck with... well, whatever that is.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:19 am

Hi blahter,

Just wonderin how many days it took before you get the refund from them?
Thank you.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:03 am

I'm curious to hear what the end result was...?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:16 am

Because of issues like this mentioned when this thread started in 2012 I've always booked them using Expedia or Orbitz. The one time I needed to cancel (a refundable ticket, before first flight) Expedia credited my card within a day or two.

Not generally recommending Expedia, note. Before first flight on a recent ticket, QR changed a flight time significantly, and Expedia was borderline incompetent in effecting a simple change. Spent most of an hour on the phone with an agent who seemed completely underpowered. But they're fine on refunds (besides QR I've used their 24-hour period with the same prompt result.)
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:31 am

Yep - even with the 3x miles promo I wasn't tempted to try my luck with QR directly. Ebookers and Expedia are both fine ex UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.