Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qmiles
Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Hello,

I mistakenly booked the wrong dates on Qatar Airways to fly from IAD-DOH-HYD and back on September 5th. These were business class tickets. As soon as I realized within an hour, I called the customer service department and asked them what to do as I had to change the dates. The representative suggested that I cancel my existing reservation and re-book the tickets again. So, I cancelled my reservation and submitted a refund request within a couple of hours. All this happened on September 5th. Today is September 14th and no one has responded to me from Qatar Airways or told me about my refund status. When I call the customer service line, I am told that I cant speak to anyone as I used the internet to make a reservation.
This level of customer service is making me nervous and hesitant to use Qatar Airways in the future and even for my upcoming flight.
All I need to know is when will they refund my cancelled tickets as I cancelled within 24 hrs of making my reservation.
Any help in this regard would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ravi
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Hello, welcome to FT.

Qatar Airways are a bit slow when it comes to refund requests. My last one took 12 days to process. In fact, I had rebooked myself on the same flight but as part of a multitrip - so they had me under 2 bookings on the same flight - and flew before the request was handled. I thought this would be an issue but it was not.

As long as you got the email receipt when you submitted the request you should be fine....
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:22 am

My one and only QR refund last year took over 6 weeks until the credit showed up on my cc account. Furthermore it took Amex another 6 weeks to transfer the credit on my bank account.

The last happened due to a new system and Amex flooded me with MR points as compansation.

QR? .....nothing, not even an excuse.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:32 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Hi iadflyer11,

Please accept my sincere apology for the delay incurred to your request request. Please allow us to co ordinate with the relevant department to finalize your refund soon. In the meantime, I will keep you inform via Private message.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
I also made a booking by mistake yesterday, selecting a departure date of 21 September rather than 21 December on a Business Class ticket. I called the SIN office of QR and the lady I spoke to suggested it would be easier/cheaper to cancel the booking on the internet rather than change the existing booking.

I have submitted a refund request through the website. However, I am concerned, as the flight booked departs this Friday (21 September) and it looks like the refund may not be processed by then? I'm happy to wait for the money, but just don't want to be treated as a "no show" for the flight, which will incur extra fees. This is also stopping QR from selling seats on 2 flights.

Should I go to the SIN office in person to resolve this?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlexCM
Hi iadflyer11,

Please accept my sincere apology for the delay incurred to your request request. Please allow us to co ordinate with the relevant department to finalize your refund soon. In the meantime, I will keep you inform via Private message.

Best regards,
Thanks Alex!

I really appreciate your reply. I sent you the details of my booking and ticket numbers via a private message. Please let me know if you need any further information. I look forward to a quick resolution.

Regards,
Ravi
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:59 pm

House,

Just to clarify something

You have to cancel the booking on the phone, then request a refund online through the Qatar Airways website. If you just request the refund online your reservation will not be cancelled. At least that was my experience.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by House
I also made a booking by mistake yesterday, selecting a departure date of 21 September rather than 21 December on a Business Class ticket. I called the SIN office of QR and the lady I spoke to suggested it would be easier/cheaper to cancel the booking on the internet rather than change the existing booking.

I have submitted a refund request through the website. However, I am concerned, as the flight booked departs this Friday (21 September) and it looks like the refund may not be processed by then? I'm happy to wait for the money, but just don't want to be treated as a "no show" for the flight, which will incur extra fees. This is also stopping QR from selling seats on 2 flights.

Should I go to the SIN office in person to resolve this?
Hi House,

I recommend you to contact the nearest Qatar Airways CTO to cancel your flight in order to avoid no show fee incurred in the booking in case there is a delay for the refund of your internet booking.

Best regards,
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Refund Request - No Response from Qatar Airways. Customer Service is non existent

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I called QR in SIN today and confirmed the cancellation. The booking now shows as cancelled, which is a relief!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Originally Posted by N1Rotate
House,

Just to clarify something

You have to cancel the booking on the phone, then request a refund online through the Qatar Airways website. If you just request the refund online your reservation will not be cancelled. At least that was my experience.
I found otherwise... you can do it all online. One time I called to confirm and they just told me to do it online. Maybe it varies by country though?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
I found otherwise... you can do it all online. One time I called to confirm and they just told me to do it online. Maybe it varies by country though?
Hi InternationalLiving,

Your method is also right. Additionally, if the booking is like 1 or 2 days before the departure, I encourage the passenger to contact the CTO first to cancel the booking to avoid the possible no show incurred in the booking due to the backlog /high voloume of refund request that might lead to the late flight segment cancellation.

Best regards,
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by iadflyer11
Thanks Alex!

I really appreciate your reply. I sent you the details of my booking and ticket numbers via a private message. Please let me know if you need any further information. I look forward to a quick resolution.

Regards,
Ravi
hi Ravi,

Kindly be informed that now all the 03 ticket has been refunded. It may take up to 28 days for the amount to be credited back to your account and appear back on your account. Please check your email from our Qatar airways support team for the reverted amount.

Please accept my sincere apology for the delay on the refund may have caused inconvenience.

Best regards,
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlexCM
hi Ravi,

Kindly be informed that now all the 03 ticket has been refunded. It may take up to 28 days for the amount to be credited back to your account and appear back on your account. Please check your email from our Qatar airways support team for the reverted amount.

Please accept my sincere apology for the delay on the refund may have caused inconvenience.

Best regards,
Thanks Alex for expediting this request. I will let you know when I receive the funds in my account. Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:04 am

My info that I have to request a cancellation first and then an online refund request was given by the QR Doha call center (or is it outsourced Oman???). In the cases I used it my booking was for an intra gulf sector in F class originating in Doha. It could be a country specific thing?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by N1Rotate
My info that I have to request a cancellation first and then an online refund request was given by the QR Doha call center (or is it outsourced Oman???). In the cases I used it my booking was for an intra gulf sector in F class originating in Doha. It could be a country specific thing?
Hi N1Rotate,

I am not quite sure what you mean above. Could you please explain a little bit more ?

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.