Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:56 am

Hello Alex, I will try to explain a little better.

When I used the online refund request form for a flight the booking was not cancelled. After several days I called the Qatar Airways call center on number +974 4449 6666 to check on the status of the cancellation request to avoid my booking becoming a no show. The agent told me that to cancel the reservation I should always call and cancel the reservation and then use the form to generate a refund.

I gave further details in that it was an intra-Gulf flight in F-class originating in DOH, because it seems some people are able to use the form to issue a cancellation request so maybe it depends on the country or origin of the flight. This situation happened twice for me already and since then I call the call center first for a cancellation.

My point to the thread starters and others is not to rely on the form for a cancellation as it takes several days to protest unless people are able to get in touch with you Alex. Now if only all customer service staff at QR are like you then there won't be all these issues with the website, bookings or refunds.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:16 am

Refund processed but still no refund

I recieved an email that my refund had been processed on 15sep I am still yet to see the money.Guess they are still playing it on the market to make some cash.
I will avoid Qatar Airways like the plague now . I might have been convinced to try them after disgusting telephone serivice however after this there is no way.
Jusy exactly what to QR do with the money in between sending an email that its processed ......it takes a day or 2 at most to send it electonically back to my CC ??
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:27 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by bme21
I recieved an email that my refund had been processed on 15sep I am still yet to see the money.Guess they are still playing it on the market to make some cash.
I will avoid Qatar Airways like the plague now . I might have been convinced to try them after disgusting telephone serivice however after this there is no way.
Jusy exactly what to QR do with the money in between sending an email that its processed ......it takes a day or 2 at most to send it electonically back to my CC ??
Hi Brian,

We are sorry for the inconvenience may have caused.

Kindly be informed that your ticket has been marked refund on 14th September 2012. It may take up to 28 days for the refund to appear on your credit card statement and is subject to the card issuing bank.

If you fail to recieve the refunded amount within 28 days from 14th September, please urgently contact us.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by AlexCM
Hi Brian,

We are sorry for the inconvenience may have caused.

Kindly be informed that your ticket has been marked refund on 14th September 2012. It may take up to 28 days for the refund to appear on your credit card statement and is subject to the card issuing bank.

If you fail to recieve the refunded amount within 28 days from 14th September, please urgently contact us.

Best regards,

Thanks for the reply Alex
I do just wonder though why it can take almost one month.
I should charge you interest !!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by bme21
Thanks for the reply Alex
I do just wonder though why it can take almost one month.
I should charge you interest !!
CC companies run cut/offs once every month. When a credit comes in it will sit in unbilled transactions waiting for the next c/o where after it will be shown on your statement.

Check your cc acct. regularily, especially the unbilled transactions. When it appears contact the company and request a credit balance refund to your bank acct.

@:-)
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:48 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Fan2502
CC companies run cut/offs once every month. When a credit comes in it will sit in unbilled transactions waiting for the next c/o where after it will be shown on your statement.

Check your cc acct. regularily, especially the unbilled transactions. When it appears contact the company and request a credit balance refund to your bank acct.

@:-)
I called MY CC and they are holding nothing out so It's obvious that QR have the money making some interest off it !!!!

NEVER EVER AGAIN and same with anyone I speak with

DONT USE QR
Old Sep 27, 2012, 2:32 am

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Then don't use ANY airlines. Their refund procedures are similar.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by kataka
Or just make sure everything is correct before hitting the enter button.

Someone makes a mistake, and blames an airline because they dont like the outcome. SMH
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:23 pm

[QUOTE=tomnativenewyorker;19393918]Or just make sure everything is

Last edited by bme21; Sep 29, 2012 at 6:44 pm Reason: addition
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kataka
Agree - the issue here is with the credit card companies, who tend to process refunds a lot slower than debits. To get the cash back to your account, the airline has to clear the transaction through their bank, then their bank clears it through Visa, MasterCard, AMEX etc, then finally your bank gets to credit to your account. Each of these can run refund transactions as little as once a month. Not nice (and it is changing in some countries) but the way it is. Not really fair to blame QR if the banking system in Qatar doesn't allow them to process refunds faster...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:52 am

qatar online booking refund

Sir Alex,

hi. i have also booked ticket online and unfortunately i need to cancel and refund my ticket because of wrong travel dates. i have already fill up online refund, but until now there is no response. i even have 3 attempts of online refund but still no response. Its been a month now that i am not getting any response. please help me sir. Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by qatarflyerfilipino
Sir Alex,

hi. i have also booked ticket online and unfortunately i need to cancel and refund my ticket because of wrong travel dates. i have already fill up online refund, but until now there is no response. i even have 3 attempts of online refund but still no response. Its been a month now that i am not getting any response. please help me sir. Thanks.
Hi Qatarflyerfilipino,

Please send a private message with your ticket number and the refund request number so that I can check and follow up for you.

Best regards,

Last edited by AlexCM; Nov 13, 2012 at 7:11 pm Reason: rf
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:15 pm

private message sent

Sir Alex, I have already sent you a private message. I hope you could help me. Thanks for the response and thanks for this site for this kind of conversation.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by qatarflyerfilipino
Sir Alex, I have already sent you a private message. I hope you could help me. Thanks for the response and thanks for this site for this kind of conversation.
Hi qatarflyerfilipino,

I have recieved your information for the refund request. Should I have any update, will keep you posted accordingly.

Best regards,
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA, Qatar Privilege
Hi

I seem to be having some problems with my refund (it seems my flight has been cancelled - it is not listed in Privilege Club any more) but I have not received anything about a refund.

I cancelled in a Qatar Airways office but was not given a reference or anything... Is this normal and when might I expect the refund to be paid?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.