FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:56 am
N1Rotate

Hello Alex, I will try to explain a little better.

When I used the online refund request form for a flight the booking was not cancelled. After several days I called the Qatar Airways call center on number +974 4449 6666 to check on the status of the cancellation request to avoid my booking becoming a no show. The agent told me that to cancel the reservation I should always call and cancel the reservation and then use the form to generate a refund.

I gave further details in that it was an intra-Gulf flight in F-class originating in DOH, because it seems some people are able to use the form to issue a cancellation request so maybe it depends on the country or origin of the flight. This situation happened twice for me already and since then I call the call center first for a cancellation.

My point to the thread starters and others is not to rely on the form for a cancellation as it takes several days to protest unless people are able to get in touch with you Alex. Now if only all customer service staff at QR are like you then there won't be all these issues with the website, bookings or refunds.