Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 6:25 am

Myron JP Chiu I could not agree more that the Customer Service departments in DOH are absolutely disgraceful and not even Ryanair worthy. But why deal with DOH when your local office offers a vastly superior, almost five star service?
To understand QR you need to realise that QR has a very narrow view of what constitutes an airline. Look at their apparent definition of a passenger. It appears to be that you are a passenger from when you enter the post security departure area until you disembark at the flights destination. While you are a passenger you get five star treatment but outside of this you are nothing! This attitude appears to start at the very top of the company and has filtered downwards to all levels in DOH. The destination offices are more isolated from it and they try to live up to the five star rating.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:30 am

Tough

Originally Posted by Abyssin
Are you a Privilege club member?
You should try to make a public complain on Twitter. Just start to following them and type your complain. It might take you 5 msgs to get your point straight. But it will work fast and accurately on uour favor !!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by remdk
Myron JP Chiu I could not agree more that the Customer Service departments in DOH are absolutely disgraceful and not even Ryanair worthy. But why deal with DOH when your local office offers a vastly superior, almost five star service?
To understand QR you need to realise that QR has a very narrow view of what constitutes an airline. Look at their apparent definition of a passenger. It appears to be that you are a passenger from when you enter the post security departure area until you disembark at the flights destination. While you are a passenger you get five star treatment but outside of this you are nothing! This attitude appears to start at the very top of the company and has filtered downwards to all levels in DOH. The destination offices are more isolated from it and they try to live up to the five star rating.
The Qatar CS staff out here in USA were perfectly pleasant with my query but were unable to help as the CC verification is handled elsewhere. You definition of a passenger fits my experience exactly.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: QR Gold
Update - lounge is closed, they are now providing you a voucher for Frankie & Benny's or spinning Jenny's for £12.50 and unlimited wifi.

I got into the other lounge (swissport) through priority pass - this is a sad sad lounge...
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by cundall
Update - lounge is closed, they are now providing you a voucher for Frankie & Benny's or spinning Jenny's for £12.50 and unlimited wifi.
As reported in post #11.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by cundall

I got into the other lounge (swissport) through priority pass - this is a sad sad lounge...
Was there any indication of when the Escape lounge will re-open?

Both the lounges in T2 are pretty grim.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Sorry, but that's completely wrong.

QR/UA/VS/SQ etc. Premium Passengers have access to the Priority Lane. This is stamped on your BP. The Priority Lane is supposed to be more "exclusive" than FastTrack (which anybody can purchase).

PS... Just to add, this may have changed since I was last there at the back end of last year, so apologies if it has.
Last few time's I've been through MAN (note: NOT T2) the priority lane and fast track queues were merged.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Armodeen
Last few time's I've been through MAN (note: NOT T2) the priority lane and fast track queues were merged.
I guess they do that when it's a bit quieter during the winter months. But security at MAN never seems too bad outside the peak holidays anyway.

In T2, you normally keep to the right all the way.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Was there any indication of when the Escape lounge will re-open?

Both the lounges in T2 are pretty grim.
Understatement! I wonder if anyone from Qatar management has been to T£ and seen the Etihad and Emirates lounges - doubt it
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
Understatement! I wonder if anyone from Qatar management has been to T£ and seen the Etihad and Emirates lounges - doubt it
The Escape lounge in T1 is a lot better than T2. Hopefully the updated T2 Escape lounge will be better.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:16 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
This thread is now live, and will be added to the upcoming Dashboard.

Please use this thread for all complaints, issues, problems, and poor experiences with QR - so we have a central place for it all.

If anyone would like to add something to the WIKI, by all means do so.

Thanks all!

M
Old Mar 28, 2016, 1:10 am

Reschedule/ Refund

Hi,

I have a concern regarding a booking I made and unfortunately we need to reschedule or cancel. I booked two flights under Economy Saver for Qatar and based on fare rules before confirmation, these are the details.
FARE DETAILSFLIGHT & CABIN FEATURES
Changes1275 NOKCancellation1700 NOKNo show2124 NOK

After booking has been confirmed, I received a fare rules document which states different amount.

Changes: Prior to Departure of first flight

O/B
Changes*: Not applicable (See reissue conditions)
Reissue: Allowed with restrictions
Penalty fee for ticket reissue between: 0 NOK / 3863 NOK (at today exchange rates 0 NOK / 3863 NOK)
New travel dates must be prior to: Thursday, February 09, 2017
Maximum Reissue penalty fee for entire ticket: 3863 NOK
I/B
Prior to Departure of first flight
Penalty fee for ticket reissue between: 0 NOK / 3863 NOK (at today exchange rates 0 NOK / 3863 NOK)
Refund conditions

O/B

Refund: Allowed with restrictions
Penalty fee between: 1717 NOK / 1717 NOK (at today exchange rates 1717 NOK / 1717 NOK)
Maximum Refund penalty fee for entire ticket: 1717 NOK
No-show for first flight
Refund: Not allowed
After departure of first flight
No-show for subsequent flight(s)
I/B
Penalty fee between: 1717 NOK / 1717 NOK (at today exchange rates 1717 NOK / 1717 NOK)
No-show for first flight

It seems that change rules is very much more expensive than cancelling. If I paid for example 12000Kroner for two tickets, how much would cost me a refund? or possible a reschedule? Is the penalty 1717 for both tickets?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by annakarolina
Hi,

I have a concern regarding a booking I made and unfortunately we need to reschedule or cancel. I booked two flights under Economy Saver for Qatar and based on fare rules before confirmation, these are the details.
FARE DETAILSFLIGHT & CABIN FEATURES
Changes1275 NOKCancellation1700 NOKNo show2124 NOK

After booking has been confirmed, I received a fare rules document which states different amount.

Changes: Prior to Departure of first flight

O/B
I/B
Refund conditions

O/B

No-show for first flight
I/B
No-show for first flight

It seems that change rules is very much more expensive than cancelling. If I paid for example 12000Kroner for two tickets, how much would cost me a refund? or possible a reschedule? Is the penalty 1717 for both tickets?
Hi and welcome to FT annkarolina! I think the best way around would be to start with calling the QR OSL number to check out what they can offer. They have been helpful in the past... If they can solve this to your satisfaction, let us know. If they are reluctant, come back and let us work in the facts.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: QR Platinum / SQ Gold
I flew on the 26. March 16 the routing JNB-DOH-CMB. The flight from JNB to DOH was delayed for about 4.5 hours so I missed my connection flight to CMB. I supposed to arrive in CMB in the morning (27.03.) about 8 AM, however due I missed the connection flight I was rebooked to the next flight and would arrive around 4 PM. Having planned the whole day in Colombo (I booked a transfer into the city and the Galle Face hotel) and take a flight with TG at midnight back to BKK there was no time to enjoy Colombo and the hotel. I could manag to be rerouted directly to BKK (QR frist didnt agreed to reroute and insisted in CMB after I told I would buy a new eco ticket, QR couldnt manage to issue the ticket in the transit area so they finally agreed after a lot of agruments). The crew on the flight from DOH to BKK was fanstatic and made me forget all the troubles. In JNB I went 3 times from the lounge to the gate and back and waited about 40 minutes in the bus to the plan, really poor communication. I already told the ground staff in JNB and the inflight manager I want to be rerouted to BKK but once arrived in DOH everybody told me they didnt get any message. As I already mention the crew from DOH to BKK was fantastic and took really good care and I was happy to fly directly back to BKK. Would you send a feedback to QR about the poor communiction in JNB? Should I assume the rerouting to BKK is compensation enough? I couldnt used the hotel in CMB which is non refundable but was happy to be earlier back in BKK. any thoughts?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
A quick moan:

Took 4 QR flights during the last 3 weeks: OSL-DOH-SYD-DOH-FRA.

On all 4 flights champagne ran out within 90 minutes. On the 15 hour SYD to DOH flight the champagne had run out before we had even reached cruising altitude. Are the ultra long haul flights return catered as well? The same flight also didn't have enough blankets loaded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.