Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
At no point has the user said that they are here to resolve individual customer service requests.

They are on FT to monitor and engage where possible, but they don't have an employee who simply sits on FT and exists to resolve our problems - that's what the call centre is for.

BA (for example) have exactly the same setup on FT, and rarely post - however, when there is something exceptionally urgent and important to all customers, they appear.

M

Actually, the BA rep on here has proactively contacted me regarding a problem I only posted about on a BA subforum thread here on FT.
She then resolved the issue for me whilst updating me as things progressed.
So the BA rep. is an active reader of the forum and proactively takes the initiative to look into problems, contacting members directly where they see they can add value.

BA's biz seats may not compare to Qatar's but their 'back-end' CS is usually first class whilst I feel Qatar are sometimes put to shame by even Ryanair !!

I want Qatar when I'm in the air but BA for all other elements of customer service.
If BA can finally give us the much needed updated biz seats with some space & storage they will be on their way to becoming "The world's favourite airline"....!
I would then see the vast majority of my flights move away from Qatar to BA for these very reasons. Though I would miss the TPs of a Qatar longhaul flight in J.

Oh, and BA need to remove the obscene fees for Avios redemptions of course, but that's another thread !
NoY likes this.

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; May 6, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: QR Plat
"- Thank you for waiting, here is your boarding passes and the luggage tags. Your luggage is checked through to YYY. Have a nice flight."
"- But I am going to ZZZ, the bags have to be checked to same destination?"
" *frenetic blinking of eyes* ...we don't have an agreement to check bags to ZZZ, sir."
"- You did last week, and I can look it up now if you want?"
" *more blinking* ...maybe also you need to clear customs in YYY?"
"- Last I heard ZZZ has not been part of the same country as YYY for over a hundred yeas, so I prefer to do my customs clearance in the right country."
" *blinking dot-dot-dot-dash-dash-dash-dot-dot-dot at a supervisor* ....but..."
"- Your colleague may need some guidance here, can you please assist, I need the bags checked to ZZZ, not YYY, and it's all in the same ticket you are looking at?"

Then there was some chatter in the local language and as far as I could make it the person was told that ZZZ is indeed in a country of it's own and it's all in the same ticket and all good. New tags printed and one more employee confused.

-A
Old May 6, 2019, 10:08 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Actually, the BA rep on here has proactively contacted me regarding a problem I only posted about on a BA subforum thread here on FT.
So the BA rep. is an active reader of the forum and proactively takes the initiative to look into problems, contacting members directly where they see they can add value.

BA's biz seats may not compare to Qatar's but their 'back-end' CS is usually first class whilst I feel Qatar are sometimes put to shame by even Ryanair !!

I want Qatar when I'm in the air but BA for all other elements of customer service.
If BA can finally give us the much needed updated biz seats with some space & storage they will be on their way to becoming "The world's favourite airline"....!
I would then see the vast majority of my flights move away from Qatar to BA for these very reasons. Though I would miss the TPs of a Qatar longhaul flight in J.

Oh, and BA need to remove the obscene fees for Avios redemptions of course, but that's another thread !
Here here!@:-)^
(although its often not worth arguing the toss in these parts )

Last edited by NoY; May 7, 2019 at 1:28 am Reason: typo
Old May 6, 2019, 10:49 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus

BA have a couple of reps you can contact on FT, but they rarely post publically (that was genuinely my point).

I totally agree that they will reach out by PM, and indeed they can be contacted as a last resort if you cant get your issue resolved by a customer service rep on the phone. Whether the QR rep does the same, is not something I can comment on myself.

However, a new user would not necessarily know they exist - in comparison to certain other airline/hotel company reps, who are very visible.

M
Old May 7, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
On another note, just received a promotional email from QR today, including the following promotion:

Don’t have enough Qmiles to book your redemption ticket? Not to worry with up to 20% discount until 20 December 2018 you can buy the extra Qmiles needed..

Ah ah ah.....
NoY and Traveller999 like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:56 pm

And now a familiar issue: DHCP.

If you are anywhere in the lounges in HIA, or any of the congregation areas where the bus gates are (downstairs at C9, all of the D/E 18-24 area) then unless the area is empty you will not be given an IP address by the DHCP server. This has been an unfixed problem since HIA opened.

Then if you do by some act of random get an IP, the network in the bus gate areas is so overloaded that being able to send and receive simple text messages in any app is almost never possible.

This is before you have to deal with the random blocking and traffic shaping of some apps. If they only had been consistent. In the airport you can’t use IPSec, in the HIA hotel for some magical reason they thought blocking RDP was a nice idea. Onboard the blocking depends on which iteration of which satellite system is in use.

Also, in most of the networks in HIA the session timeout is set at 5 minutes so if you happen to do some work and not type in a given window for a few minutes then you get to log back in again.

To crown it all, whoever came up with the scheme of first using one SSID to authenticate, get your client rejected from that SSID and hope it bounces to the HIA SSID without the hash in from to continue by MAC auth... that’s just not right. That is so thoroughly broken.

Another day in a world where the bar is set at mediocre and acclaimed to be 5-star.

-A
NoY, GalaxyChris, SamirD and 3 others like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:21 am

(And the previous wasn't all whinging (well, it was that too), but these are things that are immediately obvious for anyone with a laptop and wireshark, never mind if someone had access to the mangement tools of the network they have. From what I see it is based on pfsense and a brand of switches I wouldn't have used (yay for LLDP). I have done the "please email it to tell-us@we-couldnt-care-less" and collected my "oh we couldn't care that much"-email. It's just either complete incompetence, or actually willful ignorance of the issues when it doesn't get fixed over a series of years.)

(-A)
NoY, SamirD and jckl like this.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:54 pm
formerly ssw207

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
HKG-DOH route equipment lottery: ever since Qsuites rolled out, every time I book HKG-DOH-somewhere, there is always some sort of last minute equipment change so I still haven't tried the new product despite it is already out for 2 years. QR is becoming like CX Regional and Air Canada with equipment lottery.

HKG-DOH QR811 19MAY - lightning strike caused 2 hour delay, equipment changed from B773 Qsuites to 773 2-2-2 old business seating. They just stuffed me in the middle aisle seat despite I requested window seat - they gave the 1K window seat to a CX Silver with 1J blocked off, so much for OW Emerald status. Horrible queue management at HKG check-in, had to raise my voice when there is a non-stop stream of people cutting the queue for Biz check-in.

DOH-LHR QR11 20MAY - yet another sub from A359 to the same old B773 with 2-2-2. Again, just randomly stuffed me somewhere in J.

I am not putting my hopes on the return LHR-DOH-HKG segments which are supposedly Qsuites. If it goes on like this I am moving on to AY via HEL - their prices ex HKG is great nowadays, shorter flight and the transfer is painless.

Last edited by ffs852; May 20, 2019 at 12:59 pm
Old May 20, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
(And the previous wasn't all whinging (well, it was that too), but these are things that are immediately obvious for anyone with a laptop and wireshark, never mind if someone had access to the mangement tools of the network they have. From what I see it is based on pfsense and a brand of switches I wouldn't have used (yay for LLDP). I have done the "please email it to tell-us@we-couldnt-care-less" and collected my "oh we couldn't care that much"-email. It's just either complete incompetence, or actually willful ignorance of the issues when it doesn't get fixed over a series of years.)

(-A)
It's just the way things over in that part of the world. Unless you're all angry and up in someone's face, they just send you a nice canned response and do nothing.
Old May 20, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ffs852
HKG-DOH route equipment lottery: ever since Qsuites rolled out, every time I book HKG-DOH-somewhere, there is always some sort of last minute equipment change so I still haven't tried the new product despite it is already out for 2 years. QR is becoming like CX Regional and Air Canada with equipment lottery.

HKG-DOH QR811 19MAY - lightning strike caused 2 hour delay, equipment changed from B773 Qsuites to 773 2-2-2 old business seating. They just stuffed me in the middle aisle seat despite I requested window seat - they gave the 1K window seat to a CX Silver with 1J blocked off, so much for OW Emerald status. Horrible queue management at HKG check-in, had to raise my voice when there is a non-stop stream of people cutting the queue for Biz check-in.

DOH-LHR QR11 20MAY - yet another sub from A359 to the same old B773 with 2-2-2. Again, just randomly stuffed me somewhere in J.

I am not putting my hopes on the return LHR-DOH-HKG segments which are supposedly Qsuites. If it goes on like this I am moving on to AY via HEL - their prices ex HKG is great nowadays, shorter flight and the transfer is painless.
Wow. Clowns, just clowns.

It sucks when they have some of the best equipment and this is the type of stuff that keeps happening--I guess all the hoopla about the Qsuites is just that then.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
I always wanted to experience Doha and QR. This forum/thread made me book with Lufthansa again.
NoY, SamirD, Traveller999 and 1 others like this.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:17 pm

A bit frustrated: There was 4 J seats award available on basically every DOH-US route for April 20 just a few days ago, and now looking with BA there is nothing I can find. I don't understand why they are gone, and then on April 21 it looks like availability opens back up. Is that weekend somehow significant? Theres no way all of the seats have been booked this early (>330 days out)
Old May 20, 2019, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Eugeniusz Bodo
I always wanted to experience Doha and QR. This forum/thread made me book with Lufthansa again.
Certain parts of DOH reminded me of HKG, and if you're travelling cattle class, they do have a nice sleep lounge where they have literally 50 nice recliners for weary travelers to catch some z's. My wife and I got a solid hour or so of sleep last time we went through there a few years back.

I think the most fun I had there was fixing all the computers in the 'Internet Cafe' area. So many just needed to be rebooted!
Old May 21, 2019, 7:13 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Eugeniusz Bodo
LOL. Sad but oh so true. QR (& there are plenty of others too ) choose to bury their heads in the sand. Too many vested interests @:-)
Old May 21, 2019, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
...choose to bury their heads in the sand.
haha! Very punny!
NoY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.