Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:21 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Peachy6
True, I wonder what happens if I book for someone else using my CC, can they verify during check in? Seems kinda hard since the card holder isn't the one flying and there is no card to reproduce
In this case they may be able to produce a signed letter by the card holder authorizing use of the CC for the pax on the flight booking. Happened to me recently when booking & paying for my in-laws to fly on Eva Air. All done pre-trip via email with their office in London.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: one world
Has this ever been the case for anyone here, finding QR's web price cheaper than OTA, I wish if I can book using an OTA just to avoid QR's credit verification nonsense. The issue is I am not the person travelling.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
... I wish if I can book using an OTA just to avoid QR's credit verification nonsense. The issue is I am not the person travelling.
I've read about the credit card verification issue. IU must say, I fly QR a lot (for me). It's my carrier or choice on 4-6 roundtrips/year BKK-BOS-BKK. I've never been asked to show or verify my credit card. I buy the tickets from the QR website. Contrast with UL, which requires visual credit card verification every time.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
... I wish if I can book using an OTA just to avoid QR's credit verification nonsense. The issue is I am not the person travelling.
I've read about the credit card verification issue. I must say, I fly QR a lot (for me). It's my carrier or choice on 4-6 roundtrips/year BKK-BOS-BKK. I've never been asked to show or verify my credit card. I buy the tickets from the QR website. Contrast with UL, which requires visual credit card verification every time.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I've read about the credit card verification issue. I must say, I fly QR a lot (for me). It's my carrier or choice on 4-6 roundtrips/year BKK-BOS-BKK. I've never been asked to show or verify my credit card. I buy the tickets from the QR website. Contrast with UL, which requires visual credit card verification every time.
Maybe because you are a status holder? I am not sure they say different things but I usually just show my CC at check in, the issue this time is I am booking for someone else, Qatar does not recognize CC authorization letters so the only choice is for me to go with the booking to the nearest QR office and verify. Anyways I will just go to the office and verify but I really hope they sort this credit card verification process soon.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways
Angry Upgrade!

I flew QR004 fron LHR to DOH 2 weeks ago. I am a regular flyer with QA and hold Gold Status.

On this flight, I brought my family with me, (wife and 7 year old daughter).

As a treat, I thought I would use my QCredits and QMiles to bump us all up to Business Class.

However, at the sales desk, the staff member refused saying on this flight, only 2 upgrades could be issued. (On a very empty A380)!!

The reason she explained was that due to catering, they could not accommodate my 7 year daughter. I went mad! I keam, how much champagne and caviar could a 7 year old eat and drink??

The sales lady was having none of it. I asked to speak to a manager who immediately came over and resolved the issue, and quickly upgraded us all with apologies. (Cost me 28 QCredits and 80,000 Miles for all 3 of us).

The point is, with a regular customer like me, with a family who were looking forward to this treat, and for someone who's mobile ohone ringtone is the QA boarding music, why were QA being so fussy ovee 1 meal, and yet almost readily willing to dissapoint a customer to the point where I was considering leaving QA for Emirates.

The flight however, when we eventually got on board was AMAZING! As a first timer in Business Class, I was truly impressed and the memory will live on with us forever.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:56 am

So I got the dreaded verify cc email. There is no office where I live so what exactly do they want me to send them a screenshot of the charge with no numbers and name and a copy of my passport data page? A shame paypal didn't work.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:58 am

I usually verify in their office or just show the CC during check in but I don't have this CC with me atm, I left it back home so my only option is to verify it using that unsecured link they gave me, this is bad lol

Last edited by Peachy6; Feb 14, 2019 at 6:08 am
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: qr
welcome to FT and the QR board. Very frustrating by the sounds of it . I think from other postings on this forum QR now operate a 2 only upgrade only per flight from LHR ( not sure about other UK departure points) . This was as I understand it brought in last year with the changes to the PC programme. My experience is in other departure points they are not so many restrictive upgrades in place providing there is availability. Its surprising that they have put this in place at LHR given the amount of flights they have , but going on recent reports loadings in J are light. As a side note they ban all upgrades by q credits or mikes from J-F on the A380 service to, although this will be a mute point if and when they phase out the whales. I have to say you were either lucky to get all three upgrades or managed to deal with a supervisor who was empowered to override the rule of 2? perhaps it may have been helped by the fact you have Gold status - but this is the world of QR and there is very little consistency on the ground from what I have experienced and those of posters on this forum.
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:53 am

QR is literally 1 start airline when something goes wrong. Requested a refund instead.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:53 pm

Many thanks

Thanks for a very thorough answer. To be honest, there was a chap at the QR desk who saw I was upset, and he came over and whispered into our ears as to what we should do.

The manager/supervisor was very kind to upgrade us in the end. I wrote to QR customer service feedback about the incident, and they replied with a nice email apologizing .

I guess QR have to significantly improve their ground services if they want to avoid this happening again.

I have to say though... the onboard servive still left us all in awe and in live with QR...

And seeing the news yesterday, we have an added bonus of being able to say we flew on business in an A380.... I for one am sad to hear they will be retired...😢😢😢
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by flying_high_1976
...the staff member refused saying on this flight, only 2 upgrades could be issued. (On a very empty A380)!!

The reason she explained was that due to catering, they could not accommodate my 7 year daughter. I went mad! I keam, how much champagne and caviar could a 7 year old eat and drink??

The sales lady was having none of it.

The sales lady was in a difficult position. She had no leeway to interpret the rule as written. QR does not cultivate the notion of discretion among staff, or among outsourced workers: initiative is not encouraged.
Rules are rules, and you can never be sanctioned for sticking to them, but there can be consequences for breaking them.

The manager was in a more liberated position. It's a pity the sales lady didn't call him in herself... but, all's well that ends well!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Yes, on two occasions I've been denied miles upgrades at LHR as they've reached their limit of 2 for my flight already.

Rest assured, in such cases they will normally be happy to sell you a cash upgrade for approx £1000 per person for the LHR-DOH leg if there are J seats available...

(I've never been tempted to take them up on the cash price!)
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:06 am

£1000!!

£1000 cash for a fancy dinner??? I love QR flights and service, but not that much...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: qr
Originally Posted by flying_high_1976
£1000 cash for a fancy dinner??? I love QR flights and service, but not that much...
Haha yes very true but you did get a far better seat and potential use of the bar. That said it is proving the fact some of us suspect of ring fencing both award seats as well as Points upgrades in favour of hard cash sales which has shifted since the difficult climate QR are now operating in. In my experience certainly not the case from a few years back where upgrades and reductions were processed with aplomb by their telephone contact centres.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.