Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
I beg to differ... I found service on my last 4 sectors on QR to be excellent and proactive.
I have had a number like that. And then I've had some where I wished I had a flare gun to get their attention.
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rberk
I have had a number like that. And then I've had some where I wished I had a flare gun to get their attention.
Well, there will always be a chance to get an excellent crew and a rather sub-par one, though I think I may have lucked out on most of my flights...
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
I’m trying to get my head round the exchange rate: GBP1 = IDR18,700(!)

That’s an awful lot of zeroes to deal with.
Try Vietnam

Someone else already mentioned Zimbabwe, although I understand (I haven't been there in many years) that people mostly use foreign currency in Zimbabwe these days. The Vietnamese currency is definitely used.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by rberk
Have you tried the call button instead?
QR FAs told me it's perfectly ok to use it for service requests. Don't think it ever took them longer than a few seconds to respond.
I largely prefer this concept over proactive service, as I get what I want when I want without unnecessary disturbance.
ashkale and clubeurope like this.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Hello,

I have problems to credit some LATAM flights on my PC account, and PC service has been unhelpful so far (2 months now):
3 of my LATAM internal flights show incorrect Qpoints / mileage.
They should credit in Y based on LATAM e-ticket, instead they've been credited to a lower fare class, making me loose Qpoints / miles.
PC service keep telling me that Y may not be the real booking class, and I keep emailing them the e-ticket issued by LATAM that shows the Y fare class (I believe it is the real booking class, as other flights are in O or N on the same document). Repeat again and again.

Last week, they removed from my account the Qpoints/miles corresponding to 2 of those 3 flights, stating "Reclaim credited in incorrect class".
So I guess they acknowledge there's been an error, however no news since then.
As of today, my balance is 284, and lacking 26 Qpoints. So I should be Gold since last week now.

My issue is that I fly Qatar next week and that I intended to use the Gold benefits on that trip, especially the Qcredit upgrade request. I paid a higher fare to be able to ask for that upgrade.
This is why I really hope to have this resolved within the week, but after 2 months hearing the PC service repeating the same song by email, I'm not confident.
I also phoned them in my country (France), they said it would be resolved within 2 or 3 days. Oh well...

Would anybody have any advice on how to get this moving? It looked like a simple request in the first place...
Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
Having flown eight sectors in the past two months, I have to confess that I'm getting slightly bored with the same bland choice of 'hot sandwich' (a filled pastry/pasty) and warm-bun, in the snack-meal. How about a cold-sandwich, made with bread, instead ?

And do QR ever vary their flavours, from chicken/veggie ? I do understand the dietary objections of some passengers to beef or pork, but how about cheese/onion or a more-spicy/crunchy veggie-option ?

There must be some scope to change the flavour of the bun, at least, and still stay within their budget ? Perhaps coffee or chocolate or cinnamon or currants/sultanas instead ?
I was pleased to find in early/late-June that QR HAD changed, to a lattice-style hot-filled-pastry instead of the closed-pasty-style, and a tasty thick-chocolate bun.

Well done QR !
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
I was pleased to find in early/late-June that QR HAD changed, to a lattice-style hot-filled-pastry instead of the closed-pasty-style, and a tasty thick-chocolate bun.

Well done QR !

You know have a year to get bored with that combination
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by BlueMoongr
Hello,

I have problems to credit some LATAM flights on my PC account, and PC service has been unhelpful so far (2 months now):
3 of my LATAM internal flights show incorrect Qpoints / mileage.
They should credit in Y based on LATAM e-ticket, instead they've been credited to a lower fare class, making me loose Qpoints / miles.
PC service keep telling me that Y may not be the real booking class, and I keep emailing them the e-ticket issued by LATAM that shows the Y fare class (I believe it is the real booking class, as other flights are in O or N on the same document). Repeat again and again.

Last week, they removed from my account the Qpoints/miles corresponding to 2 of those 3 flights, stating "Reclaim credited in incorrect class".
So I guess they acknowledge there's been an error, however no news since then.
As of today, my balance is 284, and lacking 26 Qpoints. So I should be Gold since last week now.

My issue is that I fly Qatar next week and that I intended to use the Gold benefits on that trip, especially the Qcredit upgrade request. I paid a higher fare to be able to ask for that upgrade.
This is why I really hope to have this resolved within the week, but after 2 months hearing the PC service repeating the same song by email, I'm not confident.
I also phoned them in my country (France), they said it would be resolved within 2 or 3 days. Oh well...

Would anybody have any advice on how to get this moving? It looked like a simple request in the first place...
Thanks!
Would somebody have any idea? Thanks :-)

Last edited by BlueMoongr; Jul 3, 2018 at 10:45 pm
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by BlueMoongr
Would somebody have any idea? Thanks :-)
I'm afraid there just isn't that much more that can be done. You need to be persistent and it takes time for every reply. It will likely work out eventually, but if you need it resolved by next week, you are probably out of luck.
You can try Facebook/Twitter and explain them the urgency, quoting your case number. But these days, no one other than [email protected] seems to be able to do anything related to crediting.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I beg to differ...
+1. Being ignored for ‘hours and hours and hours and hours’ amounts to, in my estimation, being ignored for at least eight hours (the plural form, ‘hours’, being used four times).

I must have 50+ QR J flights to my name and never once have I received anything other than exemplary in-flight service. ^
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: Privilege Club - Gold
I got my Gold status with Qatar back in March this year and still haven't received the kit. The same thing happened to me when I got to silver in July 2017 (got that kit in the end of November 2017). I had mailed them regarding this and they say that they're experiencing delays in delivering my card. Pretty ridiculous excuse considering it's been 4 months. Is this because of the blockade or due to the new card designs?

Anyone else facing similar issues?

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:15 am

Achieved Silver in November 2017 and have not recieved anything yet. Emailed QRPC multiple times and they apologize for the delay...
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You know have a year to get bored with that combination
Only if I continue to fly with QR, which I've got 10 more sectors booked/locked-in for this year, but am actively considering switching to another OneWorld ff-card and alternative-flights for future paid-bookings.

There's the ponts-devaluation enhancement/rip-off, the much-higher Sale-prices last January, and the current high-pricing ... there comes a point where we can-and-do switch to flying with someone else, especially when QRPC gives us no great incentive to remain loyal any longer !
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by makrom
I'm afraid there just isn't that much more that can be done. You need to be persistent and it takes time for every reply. It will likely work out eventually, but if you need it resolved by next week, you are probably out of luck.
You can try Facebook/Twitter and explain them the urgency, quoting your case number. But these days, no one other than [email protected] seems to be able to do anything related to crediting.
Thanks makrom. In the end, I posted a negative comment on their Facebook page during the World cup, they replied very quickly and since then all my issues has been resolved in 72 hours, in time for my flights. So all good here. Just a shame that one has to go through such strategy to be heard, but I guess that's the rule in nowadays social media world.

Still, I won't stay Qatar ffp for long, as those issues are too time consuming to resolve.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:59 pm

Hi I am syed from atlanta usa. I lost my laptop while traveling with qatar airways from check in baggage. i have filed complaint also. but please if someone can help me in this situation i would be glad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.